Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Coldplay's next tour will partly be powered by fans jumping up and down

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Coldplay's next tour will partly be powered by a dancefloor that generates electricity when fans jump up and down, and pedal power at the venues.
The concerts will use electricity from batteries fuelled by fan power as well as solar energy, recycled cooking oil from local restaurants and mains power from 100% renewable sources where available, like in Costa Rica.

It's part of a 12-point plan to cut their carbon footprint, two years after the band pledged not to tour until they could do so in a more sustainable way.

Chris Martin told the BBC about the plans that fans will be on "kinetic flooring".
"When they move, they power the concert," he said.
"And we have bicycles too that do the same thing," he added.
"The more people move, the more they're helping. You know when the frontman says, 'We need you to jump up and down'?
"When I say that, I literally really need you to jump up and down. Because if you don't, then the lights go out."

Coldplay will also plant a tree for every ticket sold.

The singer said he accepted there would be backlash about some of their activities, such as continuing to fly on private jets.
"I don't mind any backlash at all," he said. "We're trying our best, and we haven't got it perfect. Absolutely. We always have backlash for everything.
"And the people that give us backlash for that kind of thing, for flying, they're right. So we don't have any argument against that."
source

Music Of The Spheres World Tour
tour.jpg

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

NFRatwell
1 minute ago, dojo said:

aren't their fans super old? that sh*t is gonna blackout 5 mins after the opening

Monsters being ageist what a shock

Mother of Puppies
15 minutes ago, dojo said:

aren't their fans super old? that sh*t is gonna blackout 5 mins after the opening

I'm 31... am I considered old already? :messga:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

littlepotter

I mean... if they achieve this, it would be so fucking cool. And the planting trees and using recyclables thing is already amazing 

chaeri pls

chromaticabase

This is actually a really good idea. Something like this could work for the Chromatica Ball comsidering Gaga's music is more suitable for jumping up and down than Coldplay's :messga:

5 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I'm 31... am I considered old already? :messga:

omg no ofc not. 

it was a joke in poor taste, i apologize if someone got offended. 

alsemanche

That would be incredibly cool and smart if it works tbh

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Andreu

Off topic but I think its the first time I see a major your visiting Santo Domingo (or anywhere in RD)

Mother of Puppies

Since I plan on going to a show, this sounds exciting, fun & also exhausting :laughga:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

5 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Since I plan on going to a show, this sounds exciting, fun & also exhausting :laughga:

danjobanjo1-charli-xcx.gif 

Archived