đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kacey Musgraves provides receipts to the Recording Academy

COOOK

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

Who cares, the Grammys are a lie anyway these days. She doesn't need any awards for her to be a Queen :legend:

I love Kacey so much, so glad I discovered her in the past year, but I'm annoyed with myself it took me that long!

Cameltoe Chariot

This is exactly why the country genre is so insular and often "uncool". The parameters of what makes a country artist are so rigid and there is ZERO room for a country artist to grow or evolve. The second they do, they're kicked out like Taylor Swift or Kacey Musgraves.

Star-Crossed is fantastic, but how the hell is that going to be able to compete with Top 10 pop or mega artists like Adele in the general categories? Kacey is country, and should be able to take home that genre Grammy fair and square.

Ryusei
31 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

Star-Crossed is fantastic, but how the hell is that going to be able to compete with Top 10 pop or mega artists like Adele in the general categories? 

She literally did that with Golden Hour and won AOTY... you don't need to be the biggest album to win. Otherwise Post Malone, Drake or Cardi would have won. Way more exposure and sales and yet they lost because Golden Hour is an excellent album. 

And Star-Crossed just isn't country at all... 

Also the assessment of country is pretty inaccurate, the genre changes all the time and there are a lot of sub-genres, types and possibilities as she showed with her previous album. 

Musery

TheFame Monster
33 minutes ago, erfaan said:

How in the hell did RED get nominated but this doesn't.... Worms for brains among the academy

Because Red has Red, Treacherous, All Too Well, I Almost Do, Stay Stay Stay, Holy Ground, Sad Beautiful Tragic, The Lucky One, Starlight, Begin Again. Those are 10 out of 16 songs on the standard that I would say are definitely country. Can’t say star-crossed has a similar ratio at all…

sillynate

I love this album but during my first listen I kept saying to myself “why does Apple list this as a country album???” 

Archived