economy

Energy Crisis Looming If Investment Doesnt Increase Imediately

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/iea-warns-world-isn-t-investing-enough-for-future-energy-needs-1.1665477

The IEA (International Energy Agency) is warning of an investment deficit in energy overall both in fossil fuels and renewable green energy alike

On the one hand investment in Oil and Coal is way down as uncertainty surounding future demand has made companies reluctant to start too many major new projects to replace ageing fields. If demand doesnt fall as quickly as many forecast there will be huge price spikes

At the same time green energy like Solar and Wind is still not getting enough investment to avert severe climate change or replace the falling fossil fuel investments

Right now were looking at a potential energy crisis and climate crisis simultaneously

Pennywise

Off topic but THIS part 

IMG-20211014-001756.jpg

is giving me 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgOv5-MqaukX5cMmpEgPN

:air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • LMAO 6
Pennywise
Just now, Economy said:

Im confused :enigma:

It's the economy-ception of your name, the "economy" written circle and the "by Economy" that comes after that :huntyga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • LMAO 1
dojo

economyception luvs Screenshot-20211013-162823-Gallery.jpg

ᶜᵃʳᵃᵛᵃᵍᵍⁱᵒ ⁱⁿ ᵃ ᶜᵒʳⁿᵉʳ ˢᵗᵒʳᵉ...
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2
PartySick

The rich and powerful are f*cking us all over again. What's new? :yennefer:

They have the money, they should be doing the investing tbh. I'm not sure why anyone who has the means wouldn't be investing in green energy since it's clearly the future.

Grab my crotch, twist my knees, then I'm through. Mike's bad, I'm bad, who are you?
  • Like 1
Economy

Ive read before a slowdown in green investment may be partially related to oil crash ironically as fossil fuels and renewables are not as seperate as many would like to believe

Although companies that invest exclusively only on green energy exist mamy are still small. A lot of investment in green energy is coming from fossil fuel giants that are starting to diversify as they anticipate a less and less lucrative future in fossil fuels

When oil crashed and they ran into losses many of the companies reduced expansion budgets to not go bankrupt which had the iony of spilling over into green investments

I know a stock im invested in (Suncor Energy) Canadas largest Energy company that happened. They started investing in hydrogen and wind farms as well as part of a long term shift and diversification but pulled back their expansiom rate significantly when oil collapsed as they ran multi billion losses. So killing oil companies too fast ironically hurts green investment too

I swear the world economy runs in a way without perfect solutions. Theres always strings attached to everything :toofunny:

Economy
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

The rich and powerful are f*cking us all over again. What's new? :yennefer:

They have the money, they should be doing the investing tbh. I'm not sure why anyone who has the means wouldn't be investing in green energy since it's clearly the future.

The irony is a big chunck of energy investors in the green space are the same companies that get hurt when oil crashes. So 1 triggers another

Now that energy giants are making money again with oil recovery, i think the best way to ensure their switch to green investments is even faster is to tax carbon harder but reinburse the carbon tax collections to companies with green credits when they invest in renewables instead of pocketing the tax revenue for other stuff and leaving the companies with less to invest

For example a large Oil company may pay $1 Billion in carbon taxes but be able to recuperate a big portion of it in credits if enough of their expansion budget is for renewables, thus making green investments only a lot more attractive

The green space will require trillions in investment anything helps

Edited by Economy
Economy
1 hour ago, Shaney said:

Hopefully people realize coal is a boom and bust industry and go all in on green energy.

Coal has been mostly been declining considerably for years despite a recent boom from demand in some developing Countries and a temporary boost from a natural gas shortage making the electric grid in some Countries rely more on coal than they normally would

Although Oil unlike coal has yet to hit its peak