💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Neil Degrasse Tyson to Demi Lovato: aliens have no feelings

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

neil-degrasse-tyson-demi-lovato-aliens.j

Neil deGrasse Tyson has responded to Demi Lovato’s recent remarks suggesting that “‘aliens’ is a derogatory term.”He laughed at the comments saying, “All the aliens that I’ve ever met, they have no feelings.”

He expressed bafflement at this personification of ETs, wondering why someone would be “worried about offending them by calling them an alien,” as if we could know what “is going on in the head of species of life from another planet?”

He continued by defending the term ‘alien,’ explaining, “When I refer to aliens — just to be specific — I always say ‘space aliens’. And then, what we used to call aliens on Earth — undocumented immigrants, that’s what the new term is for them, and I’m all in on that. So what that means is — if we all do that — the only invocation of the word ‘alien’ is for creatures from outer space that want to kill us all.

When it comes to potentially hostile invaders, “First, I don’t care what they feel. Plus, why should I even believe they know English? So, yeah, I’m not all in on that. I don’t get it.”

Source

nswain1110

Damn Neil! No love at all for ETs/aliens??? Don’t give a hoot or a holler how they feel? That’s messed up lol. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

JazzGa

I think what he's getting at is that we can't know what it is like to be in the mind of an alien creature or know its feelings... but their minds are certainly very different from our own. So to think we can assume an alien would be offended would be like saying we think whales are offended by calling them whales, or we think coronavirus is offended by its name :bradley:  They wouldn't have a concept of offense, most likely, and certainly not toward Earth culture things

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

SadBoi808

Aliens don’t exist, the cosmos literally is not old enough. It’s taken us (3.7 billion years) almost a third of the age of the cosmos to evolve.. our known (observable universe) is simply not old enough to for the staggeringly  improbable chain of events required to produce intelligent life to have occurred more than once, our existence is a freakish one off. 

Sneaky Oliver

I can’t believe we’re discussing how aliens are supposed to (or not to) feel. Gaga really took the kind thing way too far :saladga:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Teletubby

Demi said it's not that serious
dssd.jpg

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

PartySick

Neil: "Aliens have no feelings"

Also Neil: "They're not offended by the word 'aliens'"

Also Neil again: "We can't know what they feel or think"

:billie:

I don't remember what it was but I do know there's a reason I dislike him :enigma: aside from the whole "pop culture science celebrity that weighs in on things where no one asked him to" energy.

🖤

LostBoyfriend

The fact "we're" empathizing with "aliens", or that this is even a discussion, when we can't even empathize with humans across the globe. :messga:

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

PartySick
38 minutes ago, SadBoi808 said:

Aliens don’t exist, the cosmos literally is not old enough. It’s taken us (3.7 billion years) almost a third of the age of the cosmos to evolve.. our known (observable universe) is simply not old enough to for the staggeringly  improbable chain of events required to produce intelligent life to have occurred more than once, our existence is a freakish one off. 

Actually life on Earth is almost as old as the planet itself. We've found 4 billion year old evidence for biological carbon in the oldest rocks so...really, it only took a few million years for life to evolve.

Then consider that there's at least 8 different places in our solar system alone (Venus, Earth, Mars, Ceres, Ganymede, Europa, Enceladus, and Titan) where life as we know it could have previously existed, maybe exists now, or could exist in the future...I mean, there's zero chance that there isn't extraterrestrial life out there.

Also, why would our evolution even be a factor? Does the observable universe have a budget of one planet with life per 13 billion years? :laughga: life could have arisen simultaneously or even before us somewhere else.

🖤

Gagaloo911
25 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Neil: "Aliens have no feelings"

Also Neil: "They're not offended by the word 'aliens'"

Also Neil again: "We can't know what they feel or think"

:billie:

I don't remember what it was but I do know there's a reason I dislike him :enigma: aside from the whole "pop culture science celebrity that weighs in on things where no one asked him to" energy.

Imagine not liking NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON. :messga:

Definitely can't relate.

Literally a legend and a genius, the rest of us could only DREAM of having a mind as HALF as brilliant as his :fatcat:

OT: Tell ha King 

PartySick
4 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Imagine not liking NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON. :messga:

Definitely can't relate.

Literally a legend and a genius, the rest of us could only DREAM of having a mind as HALF as brilliant as his :fatcat:

OT: Tell ha King 

Yeah, I don't remember what made me dislike him, I just remember that I did :ladyhaha:

Let me remain petty, it's not a strong dislike anyway :laughga:

🖤

Archived