💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ellen DeGeneres is launching a beauty brand Kind Science

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Chlorine Sevigny

As an old person I am here for this. :lolly:

Especially the "kind to your wallet" part cus skincare is mad expensive. :interestinga:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, bionic said:

Can't believe GagaDaily of all sites has fallen for the homophobic smear campaign against Ellen :toofunny: She's no angel but she's no worse than most GGD fave girlies

An eco-friendly, animal-friendly makeup brand targetted specifically to the elder generation is a great thing! 

is it targeted to the elderly? so that's what age positive meaaans ok i get it now

SchwineLove

Is this self-deprecating joke? Lol of all the names she choose kind as her brand name. Is it kind to her staff lol

Oriane
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

it is kind to animals, it’s kind to skin, it’s kind to the planet and it’s kind to your wallet,

Cool, now you just have to learn to be kind to people as well :sara:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Grigio Guy
3 hours ago, bionic said:

Can't believe GagaDaily of all sites has fallen for the homophobic smear campaign against Ellen :toofunny: She's no angel but she's no worse than most GGD fave girlies

An eco-friendly, animal-friendly makeup brand targetted specifically to the elder generation is a great thing! 

The name is obviously a marketing ploy. While she states it’s because it’s eco-friendly, cruelty-free, and cheap, the obvious ploy is to reword our brains. The name is meant. To condition our minds to hear kind and think “Ellen” instead the nasty and hateful truth that was exposed recently.

Religion is a product to sell.

alsemanche
11 hours ago, SKANK said:

Imagine telling a queer woman who survived sexual abuse, homophobic death threats, and who lost her career and became the butt of every joke after coming out, that she needs to learn about kindness.

The sexism and hubris.

I've been through and still go through endless discrimination because of my sexuality and I would be homeless and jobless or even killed if I ever came out, I've been ridiculed and bullied for it, I've been sexually abused, I've been threatened,  but you don't see me walking around being a d*ck and mistreating people because of that. Y'all need to stop acting like every attack against her is sexist or homophobic because it isn't.  Just accept that queer women (and people of all genders) who are "successful" (aka rich) can be bad people too. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

7 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

The name is obviously a marketing ploy. While she states it’s because it’s eco-friendly, cruelty-free, and cheap, the obvious ploy is to reword our brains. The name is meant. To condition our minds to hear kind and think “Ellen” instead the nasty and hateful truth that was exposed recently.

Tyler Clementi took his life in 2010, after being bullied for being gay. Ellen addressed his death on her show by reminding her audience (and in hindsight perhaps herself) how important it is to be kind.

Every episode of her talk show for a decade now she has ended by saying “be kind to one another.” She started selling merch with “be kind” on it long before her cancellation. Kindness has always been her brand, which is why being painted as “mean” was so harmful to her image.

But of course people jumping on the Ellen hate bandwagon are going to use this as a justification for further critism.

Her using the word “kind” in a product must be a new macavillian marketing ploy...even though she’s been doing it for years. :toofunny:

TimisaMonster

Well kindness has always been her brand so this isn't surprising even with the recent scandals...she has been working on this for 3 years...patents and names all have to be pre-approved so...

I'm excited to see what she does have to offer, she's done makeup ads and marketing before, she's got her signature vegan and cruelty free guarantee behind anything she does and the packaging looks fresh

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

29 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I've been through and still go through endless discrimination because of my sexuality and I would be homeless and jobless or even killed if I ever came out, I've been ridiculed and bullied for it, I've been sexuality abused, I've been threatened,  but you don't see me walking around being a d*ck and mistreating people because of that. Y'all need to stop acting like every attack against her is sexist or homophobic because it isn't.  Just accept that queer women (and people of all genders) who are "successful" (aka rich) can be bad people too. 

I'm sorry you have been through that.

Oriane
6 hours ago, SKANK said:

Imagine telling a queer woman who survived sexual abuse, homophobic death threats, and who lost her career and became the butt of every joke after coming out, that she needs to learn about kindness.

The sexism and hubris.

The producer of her show was accused of harassment, and the general environment of the show was criticized for being hostile, but there were never any specific on the record accusations about Ellen herself. Instead anonymous people tweeted instances of her being "mean," which fed into a series of think pieces popping up about how she wasn't as nice as she seems on TV - as if any public figure is.

The internet seized on a negative story about Ellen and used it to justify turning on her. She had been on top for too long. Our culture does it to women all the time. They did the same thing to Anne Hathaway and Gaga. They will do it again when another woman becomes too successful.

It's really unfortunate that people, who I can only assume have never in their lives been unkind, jump on a bandwagon to take cheap shots at a woman who has been an extraordinary activist, trailblazer, and model of philanthropy.

A lot of things have been said about Gaga but she's never been called mean for a reason. Everyone, from celebrities to anonymous people having random encounters with her have always praised her kindness. So no, these accusations don't come from nowhere, it has been known for years in the industry.

We have to stop normalizing being an asshole, especially when you're in power and people can't react properly by fear of losing their job or whatever. I saw a lot of people saying "it's normal, it's how bosses are, it's what a regular workplace is like". Like... no. I've been in places where bosses were assholes, in others where bosses were nice, and spoiler alert, it's not better in the first case. No form of power justifies treating people like ****.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

InTheCloset
10 hours ago, Pennywise said:

On other news, I have decided to open up my new enterprise, Pennywise Daycare! Just drop those lil shits off and lemme take care of it all :poot:

can i drop myself off?:v:

The abyss stares back

11 minutes ago, Oriane said:

A lot of things have been said about Gaga but she's never been called mean for a reason. Everyone, from celebrities to anonymous people having random encounters with her have always praised her kindness. So no, these accusations don't come from nowhere, it has been known for years in the industry.

We have to stop normalizing being an asshole, especially when you're in power and people can't react properly by fear of losing their job or whatever. I saw a lot of people saying "it's normal, it's how bosses are, it's what a regular workplace is like". Like... no. I've been in places where bosses were assholes, in others where bosses were nice, and spoiler alert, it's not better in the first case. No form of power justifies treating people like ****.

Read the Buzzfeed expose which Ellen's "cancellation" stemmed from, no employee said Ellen was an asshole, mean, or unkind - they criticized a producer on her show and the work environment, but not Ellen herself. You are referring to social media gossip. Ellen has never been sued by a former employee.

Gaga on the other hand, was sued by a former assistant. In a deposition Gaga called the assistant a "hood rat," and called herself "queen of the universe."

https://www.spin.com/2013/02/lady-gaga-assistant-oneill-hood-rat-queen-of-the-universe/

We know Gaga's character and that she is a good person, but those wildly out of touch quotes and the ex-assistants testimony are more evidence of a toxic work environment then anything that has been credibly attributed to Ellen.

Gaga said she looks up to Ellen, and that Ellen was an inspiration. We know Gaga has had her shady moments, and Ellen may not be the sweetest person in the world, but they both use their platform to talk about the value of kindness. I personally have a lot of respect for both women.

Luna Lovegood
10 hours ago, bionic said:

she’s a menace to society 

luna’s advocate

Archived