💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's most underrated music video?

Glamourpuss

Featured Posts

M i K E Y
3 hours ago, Oreo said:

Although I love John Wayne, I love the simplicity of Joanne (WDYTYG) Piano version, it's so underrated half the fandom even forgets it exists! 

Stream the Grammy winning ballad for great sex!

The scenes of her waking in that pink dress >>>>> 

it always gives me hey girl vibes 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cello

Alejandro and Million Reasons. Both serve aesthetics :flutter:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Blown Away

The Edge Of Glory or LoveGame. Both simple, but effective videos

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Joshie S
55 minutes ago, Cello said:

Alejandro and Million Reasons. Both serve aesthetics :flutter:

Didn't think anyone would say Million Reasons.:enigma:

Honestly, Million Reasons video is good. Matches the song. Totally toned down and bare Gaga. All while cutting to her in full glam "Lady Gaga" makeup looking miserable as hell. :bradley:

The video is actually one of my favourites. This fan base hates it because it uses similar footage from an ad that was shot around the same time.:triggered:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

All of her music videos with less than 100 million views are underrated e.g., marry the night, 911, G.U.Y, john wayne...

AnglerfishbraBENUS

TEOG

beautiful, simple, timeless. it was released in a time i her career where a lot of relationships were changing and we were expecting something crazier. but being that this is the last thing Clarence did before he died as well as being stunning, this is a fave of mine. 

4 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

The Edge Of Glory

one of her very best, but people hate it because it's not larger than life. You guys clearly weren't ready for the future lol

The problem with that video is that we were meant to get a mermaid-themed MV at the time, but some kind of mess happened between her and her label whatever, and that video was scrapped.

The final one was then produced kind of in a hurry - thus the low budget, simple scenario etc.

1 minute ago, DSK said:

The problem with that video is that we were meant to get a mermaid-themed MV at the time, but some kind of mess happened between her and her label whatever, and that video was scrapped.

The final one was then produced kind of in a hurry - thus the low budget, simple scenario etc.

No one knew about the mermaid thing back then, it was relealed in the Yoü And I era

Stephen
4 minutes ago, DSK said:

It was actually a fight between her and the director Joseph Kahn. They had already planned the whole mermaid concept, casted actors, had sets ready etc. it was ready to be shot. And then last minute Gaga changed her mind and wanted to go with the simple fire escape video. So Kahn was pissed and quit, leaving Gaga and her crew to produce/direct the video by themselves very quickly. 

I wonder if part of her reasoning was Clarence's health. He died shortly after. :bradley:

AnglerfishbraBENUS
7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

It was actually a fight between her and the director Joseph Kahn. They had already planned the whole mermaid concept, casted actors, had sets ready etc. it was ready to be shot. And then last minute Gaga changed her mind and wanted to go with the simple fire escape video. So Kahn was pissed and quit, leaving Gaga and her crew to produce/direct the video by themselves very quickly. 

I wonder if part of her reasoning was Clarence's health. He died shortly after. :bradley:

i thought the fire escape was the back up - i was always under the impression that Gaga just didn’t agree with the way he wanted to shoot it. either way we will never know for sure, it would have propelled the song further i’m sure but oh well 

Stephen
4 minutes ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

i thought the fire escape was the back up - i was always under the impression that Gaga just didn’t agree with the way he wanted to shoot it. either way we will never know for sure, it would have propelled the song further i’m sure but oh well 

Chancler Haynes, Kahn's on-set editor revealed that the mermaid-themed performance of the song, on Le Grand Journal was the actual theme of the video, and included sets built for a hospital scene, Brooklyn Bridge, and a big underwater mermaid scene.[72] However, at the last minute until shooting, Gaga changed her mind regarding the whole concept, leading to a disagreement with Kahn, and hence it was cancelled. She then shot the scenes with Clarence Clemons (his final appearance before he died) in a New York City set.[72] She later explained that her idea was to create a "sweater set of a video". She wanted to acknowledge herself and the success she had experienced in her music career, with a simplified video showing her dancing outside her New York apartment from her early days.[73] 

From wiki the sources are linked! (x)

Archived