science

New insights into Titicaca Basin civilisations

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

shutterstock-1570939807-scaled.jpg

A genetic study of the Tiwanaku has shown that the pre-Inca civilisation was more genetically homogeneous than previously thought.

The Tiwanaku civilisation was a Pre-Columbian polity in western Bolivia, based in the southern Lake Titicaca Basin. Q

The research revealed that rural populations living around Lake Titicaca were not affected genetically by any major external migrations.

Prof. Ziolkowski from the Centre of New Technologies at the University of Warsaw (CENT) said: “This is interesting information, because so far it was not known whether the artefacts associated with the Amazon region, such as a jaguar tooth necklace, only indicate trade – or the presence of people from the Amazon region”.

F1.large.jpg?width=800&height=600&carous

Source - https://www.heritagedaily.com/2021/10/genetic-study-reveals-new-insights-into-the-pre-inca-tiwanaku-civilisation/141628

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 2
FfFfFfFF
13 hours ago, Lumi said:

Thanks for sharing. Really interesting :D

I'm glad there are people that enjoy these kind of threads! 😊

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Love 1
Lumi
On 10/13/2021 at 12:42 PM, FfFfFfFF said:

I'm glad there are people that enjoy these kind of threads! 😊

I am peruvian, there's a lot of stuff i am still discovering. So to find this here is really cool. :)

underneath the pine
  • Like 1