đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

collabs that don't work

Dojo

Featured Posts

15 hours ago, ssslyboy said:

Unpopular opinion: Pretty Girls was fun and good  :awesome:

Britney sounds so sassy and the instrumental slaps harder than the seats on @Frank Potion 's Honda Civic past midnight 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chlorine Sevigny
21 minutes ago, dojo said:

Britney sounds so sassy and the instrumental slaps harder than the seats on @Frank Potion 's Honda Civic past midnight 

Expose me :smh:

2 minutes ago, reysus said:

Levitating ft Madonna and Missy Elliot was pretty disappointing :neyde:

the production is flawless and Missy's verse was fire. I strongly disagree and i urge to edit your comment, thanks.

Stephen
1 minute ago, dojo said:

the production is flawless and Missy's verse was fire. I strongly disagree and i urge to edit your comment, thanks.

AGREE it's a grower. It's a whole different vibe. You're not gonna get it the first time

Flavor Of Love Hottie GIF

5 hours ago, dojo said:

thots on this atrocity? work or not? 

She licks Maluma's foot so yes, work :bon:

StrawberryBlond

I thought this thread was about collabs that were made to be a hit but weren't successful. Finding collabs that just didn't gel is a bit harder. Apart from the ones already mentioned, I'd also say:

Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj & Diplo - Bitch I'm Madonna

Katy Perry feat. Migos - Bon Appetit

Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran & Future - End Game

Ariana Grande feat. Social House - Boyfriend

Calvin Harris feat. Young Thug, Ariana Grande and Pharrell Williams - Heatstroke

Basically, any collab that feels as if the featured artists were just in it for the money and did it without any passion. And some of these collabs really prove that loading a track with all different people doesn't necessarily guarantee a hit.

This:

The vocals and lyrics are awful. And featuring Nicki in this day and age wasn't very wise.

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

Future Lovers
On 10/12/2021 at 11:40 PM, dojo said:

Was Justin Bieber necessary here? imo this collabo didn't work.

Well no he wasn't but this is a unique case because it wasn't because it worked, it was pure wish fulfillment for her. She was a massive fan of his when she was younger, still loves him, and she got the chance to work with him so they did. It wasn't really intended to be anything other than that, hence why they didn't really push it to be anything. 

Future Lovers
14 hours ago, dojo said:

was it even a hit? Good Morning Truth GIF

Sorry for double posting, just saw this LKBKJN

In the US no, it wasn't. But I think it would've been had it come 1-2 years earlier or 2 years later. The song dropped at a time where both of them were in a slump. Britney's self titled album, while featuring some of her most iconic songs, massively under performed failing to get successful single in the US and the album didn't push the numbers that Baby and Oops did. Toxic had not yet come to revitalize Britney's career as MATM was the album's lead. Madonna meanwhile had just released American Life and had the entire country turned against her because of her anti-Bush rhetoric. Both were in a period where they just weren't getting much traction anywhere and the song being passable but unremarkable didn't help. Had it come during the Music/Oops era or during the Confessions era, things would've been different I think. 

It did decently elsewhere though. 

chromaticabase
21 hours ago, Miky said:

Hey girl

but maybe because the songwriting is terrible imho... production too, so abrasive and unpleasant to listen to

The production is GORGEOUS and is one of the only Gaga songs that doesn't sound way too crowded and messy, IMO. Gaga sons tend to lean to a more chaotic sound which is why she's not that popular anymore with her pop songs but HG is just percussion and a few synths thrown here and there. I think the only problem that song has is that lyrically it sounds.. weak? Also, I was hoping for some huge vocal moment considering we got both Gaga and Florence on a track together, but at the end I think it worked and it's an underrated gem in Gaga's discography. :firega:

Archived