Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

'Love for Sale' at #42 on UK Albums Chart Update

ElectricKing

Featured Posts

22 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Bear in mind that Dawn of Chromatica was out the charts after one week, so this really could be worse. It's purely a physical sales based album, so that's hard enough to shift as it is and it's had no promo. I'm still holding out for a Strictly Come Dancing promo slot like she did for C2C but it's probably unlikely this time as artists haven't been promoting as usual in the streaming era and there's travel restrictions right now. I don't even think big names really go on these shows much these days and they focus more on British guest stars. #6 was amazing considering C2C only peaked at #10 (with more sales) back in the day, so let's be thankful for that.

It's fine. She'd do it again just for the reviews! Critics in the UK in particular had high praise for her VOCALS...

Brilliant! A natural. Sublime! Angelic. Charm to spare. Stunning! Wonderful. Perfection! Hypnotic. Exuberance. Flawless!

Jazz is more about the PERFORMER than the composer. For me, Gaga singing Cole Porter classics is like (classical pianist) Lang Lang performing Bach's Goldberg Variations... theatrical and flamboyant.

Some critics/purists may not like it, but maybe that's the point. She gets to sing the classics... her way! Probably why she loves jazz! 😍

she/her/hers

Cameltoe Chariot
19 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

And? Is it so bad to not live in this constant state of deranged negativity? 

This hits the nail on the head perfectly.

this fanbase is OBSESSED with negativity and revelling in any perception of failure when it comes to Gaga. It’s sad.

I’m looking forward to my Love For Sale vinyl arriving in the mail, and the next projects and promo Gaga has in store for us.

21 hours ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

She shouldn’t have abandoned Chromatica :ladyhaha:

I respectfully disagree. HER FANS abandoned Chromatica. They let 911 FLOP. The post-album single did not chart. At all. đŸ€”

Let's recap. Chromatica was released on May 29, 2020. Gaga had to shut down her website (before tracking week was over) because of Black Lives Matter. 

The Chromatica Ball, scheduled for July/August 2020, was postponed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

The 2020 VMAs (Aug 30) was the FIRST major awards show to take place since the COVID-19 shut down. Gaga was sooo excited about her VMA performance.

She performed 911 on the show AND released a music video on Sept 18. It was a difficult shoot, like 118 degrees (!) in the desert. Remember??

911 did NOT chart. The GP couldn't care less. Neither did her fans! They let 911 FLOP!

If 911 did well, it would make sense for Gaga/Interscope to release another music video - even though the tour was postponed.

(ASSUMING she had time for a music video before her family member was hospitalized for COVID-19, that is.)

Now, before you ask, why SHOULD her fans buy or stream a post-album single? (Did you?) Good question!

By the same token, why SHOULD Gaga/Interscope release another post-album single, music video #4, etc.? It's a waste of time and money and she'd end up with another non-charting single!!

911 was PROOF that her fans couldn't care less. Monsters are not Swifties or ARMY, but I'm not talking about "funding accounts" to buy their fave a #1.

Streaming is FREE! 🙄

she/her/hers

19 hours ago, Sunny21 said:

I respectfully disagree. HER FANS abandoned Chromatica. They let 911 FLOP. The post-album single did not chart. At all. đŸ€”

Let's recap. Chromatica was released on May 29, 2020. Gaga had to shut down her website (before tracking week was over) because of Black Lives Matter. 

The Chromatica Ball, scheduled for July/August 2020, was postponed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

The 2020 VMAs (Aug 30) was the FIRST major awards show to take place since the COVID-19 shut down. Gaga was sooo excited about her VMA performance.

She performed 911 on the show AND released a music video on Sept 18. It was a difficult shoot, like 118 degrees (!) in the desert. Remember??

911 did NOT chart. The GP couldn't care less. Neither did her fans! They let 911 FLOP!

If 911 did well, it would make sense for Gaga/Interscope to release another music video - even though the tour was postponed.

(ASSUMING she had time for a music video before her family member was hospitalized for COVID-19, that is.)

Now, before you ask, why SHOULD her fans buy or stream a post-album single? (Did you?) Good question!

By the same token, why SHOULD Gaga/Interscope release another post-album single, music video #4, etc.? It's a waste of time and money and she'd end up with another non-charting single!!

911 was PROOF that her fans couldn't care less. Monsters are not Swifties or ARMY, but I'm not talking about "funding accounts" to buy their fave a #1.

Streaming is FREE! 🙄

Most post album singles are already dead on arrival, but if they don’t, they will usually be a big hit, so it is worth try once.

It is sure, 911 was important to Gaga and Interscope, as they even promoted the 911 Charli remix from DOC (e.g. with Spotify New Music Friday playlist placement).

pachinko
On 10/13/2021 at 5:11 PM, Sunny21 said:

Streaming is FREE! 🙄

She released the wrong post-album single. Of course it failed. 

Archived