RAMROD
3 hours ago, BARKDANGER said:

Gurl not doing favors to see a Scream movie.  :billie: 

A henny gotta do what they need to do :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Married the Night
6 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Girl I'm a millennial, but I'm an OLD millennial :lolly: I'm 32

I saw the original Scream in theaters (yes, when I was 7 :billie:) and also the 2nd and 3rd films. The 4th came out in my early 20s and I watched it on Netflix I think. I really just couldn't connect to it.

I’ve seen all of the Screams in theaters from their original runs too!!! I feel so proud of that. 

tyler k

after much thought, I'd rank the series like this:

1 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 3

even though I absolutely love the 3rd one, it used to be my favorite when I was younger.

honestly we're so lucky to have a slasher film series as strong as this, every movie is great and are all worth watching for many different reasons!

I just can't stop thinking about the new one, it might overtake the 2nd as my 2nd fave but damn what a blast that movie, i must see it again ASAP

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, tmo13 said:

after much thought, I'd rank the series like this:

1 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 3

even though I absolutely love the 3rd one, it used to be my favorite when I was younger.

honestly we're so lucky to have a slasher film series as strong as this, every movie is great and are all worth watching for many different reasons!

I just can't stop thinking about the new one, it might overtake the 2nd as my 2nd fave but damn what a blast that movie, i must see it again ASAP

Love this! I was thinking about going to see it again too!

bionic

I saw this today for the first time. I haven't seen the original films and their sequels for a long time (and have never seen the Emma Roberts one)

Spoiler
  • The film felt waaaaay too meta for my liking. Even the attempts to 'subvert expectations' were a bit too heavy-handed. :neyde: 
  • I was certain the younger sister was going to turn out to be a third killer.
  • Amber or whatever and Jack Quaid were the only characters who didn't have a fake-out red herring moment. I should've seen that coming.
  • These people are incredibly resilient. They get shot and then are still running around, having heavy physical fights etc.

buy bionic

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

I saw this today for the first time. I haven't seen the original films and their sequels for a long time (and have never seen the Emma Roberts one)

Hide contents
  • The film felt waaaaay too meta for my liking. Even the attempts to 'subvert expectations' were a bit too heavy-handed. :neyde: 
  • I was certain the younger sister was going to turn out to be a third killer.
  • Amber or whatever and Jack Quaid were the only characters who didn't have a fake-out red herring moment. I should've seen that coming.
  • These people are incredibly resilient. They get shot and then are still running around, having heavy physical fights etc.

So....did you like it or no? What rating out of 10?

And I think the "meta-ness" is kinda what makes it a Scream movie. That's pretty much the main factor of the original that set it apart from other slashers. It was more self aware than any other horror movie at the time. It's literally made for horror fans. 

EDIT: Also, don't bother with the Emma Roberts one, it's the worst of all :bear: most of the references in the new one come from 1-3 anyway.

bionic
1 minute ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

So....did you like it or no? What rating out of 10?

And I think the "meta-ness" is kinda what makes it a Scream movie. That's pretty much the main factor of the original that set it apart from other slashers. It was more self aware than any other horror movie at the time. It's literally made for horror fans. 

I liked it! I think I'd give it a 6/10. Despite my critiques above, the film did hit all the beats I needed it to and it did feel like a modern requel to the original

buy bionic

I saw it, way too self aware and meta, to the point that it was pulling me out of the film. Also people are shot and still running around? Gale sitting at the back of the ambulance with a blanket on after having the “I’m doing fine” chat with the ambos after being SHOT IN THE STOMACH. I mean yes, it’s obviously intentional tongue in cheek but it’s a bit much…

Yeah, like the few last comments said, it was too meta even for Scream. Like... Scream always broke the 4th wall but here they broke the 3rd as well and it was hard to feel like it was not fiction... and in many ways i felt like watching a fan fiction btw

Pussy Like Pepsi

I just came home from seeing this. I'd give it a 6/10 and as others have said it was way too meta and felt like fan fiction...still, it was entertaining but what I miss from this movie and Scream 4 is memorable characters. All the new characters were just easily replaceable, none of them are legendary like Stu or Billy or Billy's mom (lol) or Randy or Casey or Tatum, these new movies just aren't the same as the original. Also, Courtney Cox is starting to look scary with all that plastic surgery. 

But the most annoying thing was that...

Spoiler

The way that Dewey died... was so ****ing pathetic. Seriously that was SO ****ING LAME. How could anyone think that was a good idea to put in the movie? Like he goes back to kill him, points the gun at him and then he twists it out of his hand and kills him... yeah right. LMAO. What a ****ing joke. I'm just going to pretend that that never happened and that Dewey is still alive. 

Also when Gale gets shot in the stomach(!!!!) and Sidney's like we gotta get you to the hospital and Gale's like 'no, go and get him' and Sidney just leaves her there LMAO 

Archived