💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Love for Sale at No. 8 on Billboard 200

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Congratulations to Tony & Gaga :tony:

I wish it could have been higher, the numbers are so close. But it could have been so much worse at 11 so yay!

I hope this album continues to sell thru the holiday season.. I wonder if they will send a song to radio? I hope so

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon
3 hours ago, Juanjo said:

I still don’t understand why they didn’t have a major special and more interviews on TV during the week of release.

Probably because Tony's health makes that very difficult. Did you see the 60 Minutes? Could you imagine him being put in that position for a regular marketing campaign for the album? 

SevenWonder
4 hours ago, Chromatography said:

and that’s relevant because...?

Never said it was relevant. It was just a thought that crossed my mind that I chose to share. You were under no obligation to gaf about it.

Be well. 

FfFfFfFF

I can't help but to think that if it was released in the follow up to Shallow and ASIB (they were almost recorded simoultanously), it might have peaked inside the top 3 or even at #1. The wait was considerabily long, actually even when she released Stupid Love all the massive hype was already starting to dissipate.

Chromatography
7 hours ago, SevenWonder said:

Never said it was relevant. It was just a thought that crossed my mind that I chose to share. You were under no obligation to gaf about it.

Be well. 

oof so mad. clearly relevant enough to you to bring up in a thread. i hope you find some peace, lmao

rasclautmangos
17 hours ago, Chromatography said:

and that’s relevant because...?

Such a childish comment. Why WOULDN'T that be a relevant comment? 

14 hours ago, Aetheryte said:

Probably because Tony's health makes that very difficult. Did you see the 60 Minutes? Could you imagine him being put in that position for a regular marketing campaign for the album? 

:fail: Of course they wouldn’t include Tony. I thought that would be obvious to deduct from my reply. They already filmed specials and a doc. Interviews could have been done by Gaga alone. And, yes, of course I watched the 60 Minutes piece. 

Phantomhive

When was the last time a jazz album reached the top of BB200? Did anything else peak at #1 after C2C?

In I fly on wings of winter.

19 minutes ago, Phantomhive said:

When was the last time a jazz album reached the top of BB200? Did anything else peak at #1 after C2C?

No, but Norah Jones and Michael Buble came close.  I think sales are more important than chart peak, we shall see if L4S has any longevity.

Alannah

This album is clearly such a gift to both to Tony and Gaga; they are so proud of what they made together. I'm sure it wouldn't feel right to push the release out for the "traditional" jazz season when there's no guarantee what Tony's health would have looked like. These two artists have nothing to prove to anyone and were able to enjoy a couple of last live performances together. This album was never about making #1 or the grind of promotional performances and interviews. Gaga did more than enough on the business side of this in terms of promo, let them be. Some folks complain about how Gaga is suddenly "all business and ads" and then in the same breath complain about not doing enough meaningless promo for Tony's final album. I'll never understand. :saladga:

#8 is a fantastic turnout for LFS, it's a wonderful project and I'm glad Tony is here to enjoy it. :nick:

Chromatography
6 hours ago, rasclautmangos said:

Such a childish comment. Why WOULDN'T that be a relevant comment? 

how the fvck is it a childish comment? if anything the first comment was childish. who cares how much money they made off of it? 1, music not the bling am i right? 2, i think the debut is great for a jazz album, but literally who cares how much money it made...it was a sweet farewell to tony’s career and that’s all that should matter. not how much they made from it. shortsighted and greedy comment.

Archived