Love for Sale at No. 8 on Billboard 200

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatography
1 hour ago, SevenWonder said:

Funny thing is Gaga and Tony probably made more money off the 38k pure sales than Drake and his streams...

and that’s relevant because...?

Still surprised they didn’t release this during the HoG release period and when the televised performances air.  Also, it’s more of a holiday record, so why bring out in early October?  I kinda think they released now thinking it would be #1 to avoid Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Adele, ABBA :huh:

Delulu Rogers

Not bad, could have been worse. I don’t get why they released during such a competitive week and why the promo is so scattered 

JusKeepBreathin

Not a Lady Gaga first week sales threads only getting two pages of comments in one hour. :billie:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

5 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Not a Lady Gaga first week sales threads only getting two pages of comments in one hour. :billie:

what does this mean? :cyanlights:

FameHookah
16 minutes ago, S0436 said:

Still surprised they didn’t release this during the HoG release period and when the televised performances air.  Also, it’s more of a holiday record, so why bring out in early October?  I kinda think they released now thinking it would be #1 to avoid Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Adele, ABBA :huh:

Grammys deadline

WTF is MDNA

Chromatican

Could be worse, could be better. A bigger push would've guaranteed a top 5 debut, and a top 3 would be an undeniable success. This is just okay.

2 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

It was a close week on the BH200. Gaga debuted at #8 with 41,000 copies and Lil Nas was #5 with 45,000 copies.

We really could of been in the top 5-6 had her team (hi, Bobby) prepared some tv performances and whatnot. I really don’t see the Paramount doc and the TV special later this fall doing anything. 

Oh well. We are above that racist Morgan Wallen and we overperformed expectations.I’m just glad it’s not #10 or #11. That would have been messy. 

I still don’t understand why they didn’t have a major special and more interviews on TV during the week of release. Also, I feel streaming equivalency needs to revised, yet again. Regardless, I’m super proud of Gaga and Tony, the fact that they achieved this debut with practically pure sales is amazing. :applause:

2 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Cute. 

Not the best, but could've been worse.

:yennefer:

I mean, it wasn’t going to go #1 with the way the charts are organized now lol that and promo is pretty minimal and basically only with Gaga (for good reason). So this is actually really really good considering that.

StrawberryBlond

So close to #6, very frustrating. But top 10 is still top 10. Re-peaking closer to Christmas seems unlikely with these sales and likely very limited promo seeing as Tony won't be performing with her now. But you have to realise that Tony only has 3 top ten albums in his entire career, including this one. And all of them had Gaga on them (Duets II, C2C and L4S). That speaks volumes. He put out a duet album with Diana Krall in 2018 and it missed the top 10, so Gaga clearly helps him get these positions, which tells you a lot about her star power.

1 hour ago, S0436 said:

Most holiday albums are released in October at the latest. Kelly Clarkson is about to release hers. Putting them out this early is all about the build-up, designed for people who start preparing for Christmas before Halloween's even arrived. Christmas music starts playing in stores in early November usually, so they want to get a hit before playlists are decided which will help with sales. And if you put it out too close to Christmas, the sales rush will be over before its barely started, you want sales to be steady for two months or so before they drop like a stone come December 26th.

Archived