Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Troye Sivan Making Fun Of Tony Bennett's Alzheimer On Tiktok & Then Deleted

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Lextyr97

I’m not usually one to get mad over this kind of thing but my god… that 60 Minutes was HEARTBREAKING. Tony lives and breathes music. Based on the short doc, it’s what causes his memory to come back somewhat. It was a really amazing thing to see and hear about. Hearing him say he couldn’t remember the performance was nothing short of tragic. Alzheimer’s is not a damn joke, it’s deadly, and there’s no cure. If people are gonna give Dababy’s dumbass flack for making fun of HIV, it should be no different here. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuffsAhoy

I'm not grabbing the pitchforks just yet, but this was a tasteless "joke" to make. He is old enough to have known better and he still felt the need to make this clip. Anyone defending this is just as bad as he is, imo. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

JaysAMess
18 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

he used already added sound (by this site btw.)
made a tiktok about his old yt channel
and deleted it when people started to leave comments

yeah, you're right
it screams bad intentions, lmao
he woke up, saw a 90 something years old jazz singer with alzheimer and wanted to make fun of him

it's so bizzare to me, how people want to act perfect everytime someone ****s up
everyone makes mistakes everyday, but nooo
someone did it online so we need to tell them how terrible it was a 100 times and say how horrible they are for it

get over it

You say this, but when there's a thread about Demi and she is misgendered, you're the first one to call people out for it. Make it make sense.

HuffsAhoy
22 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

everyone makes mistakes everyday

This is true. But my mistakes are things like "ooops, I forget to lay out something for dinner" or "damn, that lesson I taught today was utter garbage." My mistakes are not hopping online and using audio of an elderly man with a deadly disease to make fun of my former self because it's trending. 

alsemanche
15 minutes ago, dojo said:

omgg i'm 99% convinced that @kukuryku666 and @alsemanche are the exact same person :bradley: 

Why though :mark: i think what troye did was shitty and that whole sound is just not it 

No disrespect to @kukuryku666 though :kiss:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

JaysAMess

I visit my Grandmother who has Alzheimers and I have to remind her EVERY SINGLE TIME who I am because of how quickly her condition is deteriorating. I have to sit there with someone I care deeply for, not know who I am.. I listen to her talk about her dead parents as if they were alive today, saying they'll be wondering where she is. Asking where her husband is (who passed away 5 years ago). It's heartbreaking and although the TikTok doesn't bother me too much (it's insensitive but it's a trend, I doubt Troye meant anything by it), someone telling others to "get over it" is what truly pisses me off. We need to find light in these dark situations to help us get through things, but don't you dare tell people how they should or shouldn't feel in regards to situations that mean something to them.

js4754394o9823
Just now, JaysAMess said:

You say this, but when there's a thread about Demi and she is misgendered, you're the first one to call people out for it. Make it make sense.

i'm not instantly offended when someone says the wrong pronouns
i might correct them, but that's it

it's only a problem if they do this over and over again, ignoring others telling them it's incorrect
(and even then i don't really care as much as i used to)

if troye didn't delete it, said "idgaf" and posted another one, then get him
but the tiktok is gone and y'all are still pressed about it

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

16 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

i'm far worst lmao xd

i didn't mean that :v

6 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Why though :mark: i think what troye did was shitty and that whole sound is just not it 

No disrespect to @kukuryku666 though :kiss:

not because of this specific comment about Troyeloo but in general i think both of your opinions are very similar / synchronized, not in a bad way ofc don't get me wrong.

js4754394o9823
Just now, dojo said:

not because of this specific comment about Troyeloo but in general i think both of your opinions are very similar / synchronized, not in a bad way ofc don't get me wrong.

i'm far more uneducated, overemotional and i change my mind all the time xd
also i think we disagreed many times before(?), i don't remeber tbh

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

This cancel culture, I legit can’t. People make ****ing mistakes - those saying oh I make a mistake like losing the remote control to the TV, when you ****ing grow up you’ll realise the amount of shitty life decisions you make. Life is about learning, no one is perfect, but we can damn right try to get there through learning from our mistakes.

Troye made a very inappropriate joke, which he clearly regrets as he’s deleted it. I’m sure he will make an apology too, but am I incapable of forgiveness? No. And thank god for that. 

alsemanche
18 minutes ago, dojo said:

i didn't mean that :v

13 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

i'm far more uneducated, overemotional and i change my mind all the time xd
also i think we disagreed many times before(?), i don't remeber tbh

Yeah we've disagreed many times but qe also agree on many things :flower:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

HuffsAhoy
14 minutes ago, Joshie said:

you’ll realise the amount of shitty life decisions you make.

Again, making fun of someone with a disease that is literally eating away their memory isn't a 'whoopsie' moment, it's something you have to consciously chose to do. 

12 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Again, making fun of someone with a disease that is literally eating away their memory isn't a 'whoopsie' moment, it's something you have to consciously chose to do. 

Do you know what I consciously chose to do one Halloween many years ago? I dressed all in white head to toe and painted my whole body white. I later realised that was a terrible idea because of the association of KKK, but did I think of that at the time? No I thought oh ghost. Woops, I made a mistake and I regret it, and if anyone had said anything I would’ve apologised. 

Get off your pedestal. No more responses from me. You’re perfect. 

3 hours ago, Luna Lovegood said:

It’s always the white twinks are we surprised?

Are you a white twink bc your comment is gross 

Archived