Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adele Responds To Racist and Cultural Appropriation Allegations

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

salty like sodium
6 minutes ago, Dante said:

But it's exactly that. SOME people feel that way. Americans FEEL that way. Doesn't mean everyone else does. Most countries and people are happy to share their culture and have it appreciated by others, it's only Americans that scream "cultural appropriation"

a black person in America accusses someone of "cultural appropriation" but how might a person from an African country feel about some random American 4 generations down dressing in traditional clothing ? 

They could easily accuse them of the same thing but how often do you see it? Hardly ever? Because like I said already most people and nations like to share their culture with others. 

:triggered:

:huntyga:

:bear: :bear: :bear: :bear: :bear: :bear: :bear: :bear:

I could spend two hours typing up the reasons why everything you just said is problematic but honestly reading your words I can already tell that it's going to be a waste of my time because you seem unwilling (or unable?) to understand the nuances of dominance, power dynamics and colonial legacy. So instead I'll leave you with this quote:

11 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

It's impossible for a culture to be 'shared' when they are not all treated equally by laws, institutions and even public opinion.

And also going to add this link. Wikipedia really is just a starting point but given where you seem to be in your journey, I think it will still be useful. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_appropriation#:~:text=Cultural appropriation is the unacknowledged,culture appropriate from minority cultures. 

I hope for your sake that you will be able to understand all the nuances of this topic one day. :party:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, Fanta said:

unnamed-2.jpg?strip=all&quality=80

Exhibit A.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dear-khloe-cultural-appropriation-of-black-hairstyles_b_57b380cde4b014a587fba07c

I've linked a great article explaining why cultural appropriation is a thing. Some of y'all (not you @Blastertoyo) should educate yourselves.

Isn't she OJ's daughter? She's half black.

Capture-110.jpg

It was hard to find a photo with her old nose.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Blastertoyo
13 minutes ago, Dante said:

a black person in America accusses someone of "cultural appropriation" but how might a person from an African country feel about some random American 4 generations down dressing in traditional clothing ? 

What you’re describing is gate-keeping.

a very different thing than cultural appropriation.

please enlighten me to death

7 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

I wonder what the aliens think of this…

4 hours ago, lavender blonde said:

Ask Demi :poot:

3 hours ago, alecks said:

We can’t say “aliens” anymore. Didn’t you see what Demi said? It’s offensive to ETs :teehee:

img.jpg?width=784&quality=80

can’t believe I still have to read people complaining about “ “ cultural appropriation “” in 2021

Blastertoyo
2 minutes ago, Super said:

can’t believe I still have to read people complaining about “ “ cultural appropriation “” in 2021

can’t believe people still culturally appropriate in 2021

please enlighten me to death

LukiiGleek

people forget that culture can be different depending on which country you live in. Americans can be a bit blind sometimes 

Anveeroy

Umm, sis - don’t pretend UK is saint; a certified coloniser; who created THE massive mess 👀

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

TortureMeOnReplay
9 hours ago, NicoB Minaj said:

yeah, it was most badly seen by Americans than the other countries. And this is, i think, due to the fact that american society is too racially divided. As for English people, including black English people, it wasn't that big deal 

I tried to say this in another thread a while back and got dragged. Interesting. 

BlueRose
11 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

🪞 

heres a mirror, use it

”white people doing drag is cultural appropriation”

:ladyhaha:

that was sarcasm. but unfortunately you re too busy putting the laughing emojis instead of comprehending what the other people say

i can only imagine what would happen if americans came to my hometown to witness a maracatu fest during carnival

basically it is an ancient parade that dates back to the 18th century and celebrates african, portuguese and indigenous culture, with dances and clothing inspired by african religions

most of the people who participate paint their whole faces in black

One day I want to go to India and buy their home decor, bring their food back home and buy a traditional outfit. I'm allowed to, if you don't like it, then go rant about it life is short I wanna enjoy it. I've seen some appreciating my culture and I loved it. 

Archived