💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adele Responds To Racist and Cultural Appropriation Allegations

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo
3 minutes ago, KORG said:

The Jesy Nelson thread is about her adopting a total black style to start her solo career, even though that's literally how every British girl in the city is. "Blackfishing" is indeed an American tantrum in this instance.

Right

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/woman-with-tanning-obsession-claims-people-accuse-her-of-trying-to-switch-races

Ok

https://www.insider.com/rita-ora-race-blackfishing-twitter-realizes-parents-white-albanian-2020-8

so explain why there are so many examples of UK girls overtanning and black fishing if this is such an American idea 

please enlighten me to death

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Thats what im saying

Not to mention these double standards the user was talking about would actually be helped if a style is normalized

Those double standards shouldnt exist at all period, but i dont think segregating styles by race is helping racists be more racially blind. If anything it over emphasizes race as what defines ur identity

Race is part of ur identity (heritage in many cases of u already grew up in another Nation). But it should not be made out to be ur entire identity

These women are from Tottenham and Romford.

People should really visit or watch some footage from these places. The culture isn't linear.

I think the biggest takeaway here is that "culture" is a meaningless word. It just means "what people from a place do" well in that case, if these people do it in another place, does it become the culture of that place? Surely it does, thats how culture becomes culture. And in that case, once it is done in that place and becomes culture, then people from this place are able to do these things as its their culture.

3 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

You just explained it for me. It's what British girls do. Americans over react to it so they have something to be outraged about.

Also, culture isn't real.

Agunimon
1 hour ago, Fanta said:

horribly mistranslate over in America

This is almost always the case, for everything. Americans are so quick to knee-jerk responses like that compared to other countries.

Dennis

This type of cancel culture is toxic. Magazines like this shouldn't worry too much about instagram comment section. You'll find the biggest no lifers giving their opinions there.

Togekiss
1 hour ago, Simon said:

Wow, how rude. Culture, ideas everything is fluid. There's so many things invented by white people, other by black, other by asians etc etc etc... In technology, culture, in every aspect of our life and we shouldn't say things like that. If we were to limit culture, stop spreading it, and everyone sat in their culture bubble, we would regress as a humanity. I hate snowflakes, and cancel culture

I feel like liberal western (in this case pretty specifically in America) society has been shifting from appreciating cultural differences to enforcing strict cultural boundaries. There’s a difference. It’s like self imposed segregation.

bring on that pecan pie

BlueRose
1 hour ago, Blastertoyo said:

You have to understand why black peoples feel threatened when non black propel use these hairstyles though. When anyone else does it it’s seen as “cool” “edgy “fresh” and “new” “trendy” but when black people do it, it’s “unprofessional” or “ghetto”.

Adele doing it in this context is obviously different because it’s a cultural event and a cultural intention, there’s no way one could claim she’s doing it to look cool and edgy when the context is literally an event where they embrace Jamaican culture.

Its also not your place if you’re not black to tell people how they are and aren’t allowed to respond when things are borrowed from their culture.

so the people is not with the people who wear the hairstyle but with howthe people respond to whites and blacks wearing that. 

well none is talking about howgreek architecture inspired the rest of the world , and how many movies arebased in our history n myths.

Blastertoyo
1 minute ago, BlueRose said:

well none is talking about howgreek architecture inspired the rest of the world , and how many movies arebased in our history n myths.

Because that’s upheld as the ideal and they were literally colonizers who stuffed their culture down people’s throats, which is exactly what white people did and still do 

:huntyga:

now they want to pick up oppressed peoples cultures and appropriate it as cool trends 

how is that so hard to understand 

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 hour ago, Wolf Boy said:

I wonder what the aliens think of this…

let’s sing skyscraper and find out

BlueRose
2 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Because that’s upheld as the ideal and they were literally colonizers who stuffed their culture down people’s throats, which is exactly what white people did and still do 

:huntyga:

now they want to pick up oppressed peoples cultures and appropriate it as cool trends 

ancient greek did "colonize" the whole Mediteranea sea but in a different way. they were creating trading paths basically. and the ancient greek alphabet got inspired by phoenicians . i ve  never heard that greekculture  is highly respected because ancient greeks were colonizers. that s a new one. that s a nice narrative to deflect my point . cultures constantly borrow from each other. just because the US has gone through such a racist past and the scar are still evident that doesnt mean that it should apply to whole world

HuffsAhoy
9 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

How is it so hard for you to understand that the event that Adele participated in is a celebration of one culture, not a disrespectful farce. The situation with Jesy Nelson is not even in the same league as throwing your hair in some braids. Get real. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Blastertoyo
Just now, BlueRose said:

just because the US has gone through such a racist past and the scar are still evident that doesnt mean that it should apply to whole world

Except it’s not just the US that colonized. The Uk has a checkered past in colonization and so does literally every major European country.

y’all keep trying to make racism and cultural appropriation “American ideas” when it’s obvious that it isn’t 

Blastertoyo
3 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

How is it so hard for you to understand that the event that Adele participated in is a celebration of one culture, not a disrespectful farce. The situation with Jesy Nelson is not even in the same league as throwing your hair in some braids. Get real. 

Dude read the rest of the thread before you call names. 
You really hopped on just to “correct” me and it shows 

:awkney:
It seems you’re the one who literally doesn’t even know the context of what’s going on since Adele didn’t “put her hair in some braids”

they’re straight up Bantu knots.

BlueRose
4 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Except it’s not just the US that colonized. The Uk has a checkered past in colonization and so does literally every major European country.

y’all keep trying to make racism and cultural appropriation “American ideas” when it’s obvious that it isn’t 

my country suffered from the brits and the americans.  and we suffer from the stupid trends that mostly come out from US. but culture is something else. people should exchange/borrow the good stuff.

SummerBoy223

Racism is definitely an issue, but I believe that people use the race excuse for everything now. I remember a certain fan base said that it’s racist to not like their faves music, or even critique it.

Archived