Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

LFS is #7 on HDD with 42,031 units

Gaby15

Featured Posts

S0436

So not even a quarter of the fanbase who bought Chromatica bought L4S? I have a feeling if there is a jazz covers era again it will be released on an indie label.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leoj305

Should be an evergreen seller, and having Adele release will increase physical sales. Hopefully her team pushes holiday promo like they did with c2c. 

Chromatican
4 minutes ago, S0436 said:

So not even a quarter of the fanbase who bought Chromatica bought L4S? I have a feeling if there is a jazz covers era again it will be released on an indie label.

Gaga can’t just release a jazz project on an indie label, she has a contract with Interscope records.

Chromatican
Just now, Leoj305 said:

Should be an evergreen seller, and having Adele release will increase physical sales. Hopefully her team pushes holiday promo like they did with c2c. 

Will 30 increase physical sales of other artists albums? Did that happen with 25?

G U C C I

I mean I’m disappointed that it didn’t even make the top three but I feel like a large portion of her fan base took a back seat on buying this and honestly that disappoints me more. I feel bad that Tony’s last album didn’t get that number one but honestly they have great promo for this era but it doesn’t make sense how it’s all been released. They had a single and a video but then nothing until the album was released! The Westfield show was less than 24 Horus before the drop and all of the amazing things they’ve done like Radio City, MTV Unplugged, and even 60 minutes are too late to boost first week sales. Maybe they wanted a release closer to the holidays but at the last minute went with cassette on 9/30 to meet the Grammy deadline so the album immediately followed on 10/01?

I purchased three versions and added Do I Love You to my top ten Gaga songs ever recorded but I love Jazzga so supporting it was never a question for me. However, I strongly disliked Chromatica and I still bought a physical copy and streamed that sh!t for days on end to be supportive because it was her art. These “fans” who “just can’t get into jazz, I’m only here for pop” and paid it dust without ever even streaming piss me off. 

SummerBoy223
15 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

I mean I’m disappointed that it didn’t even make the top three but I feel like a large portion of her fan base took a back seat on buying this and honestly that disappoints me more. I feel bad that Tony’s last album didn’t get that number one but honestly they have great promo for this era but it doesn’t make sense how it’s all been released. They had a single and a video but then nothing until the album was released! The Westfield show was less than 24 Horus before the drop and all of the amazing things they’ve done like Radio City, MTV Unplugged, and even 60 minutes are too late to boost first week sales. Maybe they wanted a release closer to the holidays but at the last minute went with cassette on 9/30 to meet the Grammy deadline so the album immediately followed on 10/01?

I purchased three versions and added Do I Love You to my top ten Gaga songs ever recorded but I love Jazzga so supporting it was never a question for me. However, I strongly disliked Chromatica and I still bought a physical copy and streamed that sh!t for days on end to be supportive because it was her art. These “fans” who “just can’t get into jazz, I’m only here for pop” and paid it dust without ever even streaming piss me off. 

Yes I definitely agree. I might’ve not liked the genre but I still streamed the album multiple 

times a day on my iPad. Some of these “fans” just want her to do gay pop and smash movie soundtracks. Kinda strange IMO. 

johnmonster

YAYYYY!! If Gaga wanted a top 5 debut she would have signed 50k copies herself. Clearly that wasn’t the goal but this is great news!

Peroxide555
12 hours ago, G U C C I said:

Well at the end of the day some fans just don’t care for the jazz stuff… and I include myself in that bracket.

I’m still a massive fan of her music and her art but you can’t exactly put any blame on her fanbase for not being “all in” when Gaga is largely known as a pop/dance artist.

Hitting 7 is still super strong for a jazz album filled with Cole Porter covers.

Archived