Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jesy Nelson addresses blackfishing claims

Teletubby

Featured Posts

bubbletea

as a portuguese (there are a lot of brits here around the summertime) I can say they love excessive tanning... sometimes artificial tan like super orange-ish

but she's weird... she had that more natural tan with those hairstyles typical used by black women

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
6 hours ago, Suspiria said:

So the problem isn't that white people are wearing black hairstyles etc, it's that black people are being punished for it.

Of course that should never be the case in the first place, but I think that by allowing these styles to become more 'normalised' (for lack of a better word) by allowing more people to wear them, surely it would have the knock on effect of making them more accepted in the workplace for black people?

It's certainly an ideal or fair solution, but I think it's a realistic way of solving the problem.

If only society worked like that. Unfortunately white people have been stealing from black culture since they could. From music to fashion to vernacular...but unfortunately majority of the time black culture is not celebrated meanwhile white people who used that jazz/blues song, wore that hairstyle, were recognized in a positive light. 

You hear about it all the time. A black woman getting reprimanded or fired from her job for wearing natural hair, not to mention the numerous white pop stars today who are and have been incorporating rap beats and flow in their music....let's not even get started on their appearance.

It's so trendy for white women to have darker skin, bigger hair, fuller lips, wider hips. Sound familiar?

JusKeepBreathin
3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Her book is called My Life in Color :saladga::wtfga::ladyhaha:

What the...

Honestly tho...If the book was titled In Living Color and had a picture of Homie the Clown on the cover I would have bought ten copies. :ladyhaha:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Pharamon

It's okay though, Ariana has been getting away with it for years now and gays are eating her up and praising her so... Jesy will be cancelled for a month and then people (mostly gays) will forgive her.

Versace

I can name multiple white males appropriating Black culture in their work and are seeing great success with little to no questioning. I just find it exhausting how it’s always women at the face of such controversy. I’m just tired by how inconsistent society is, it’s like everyone picks and chooses when to be offended. The girl is giving credit to Black culture and to me that was the right thing to do, GIVE CREDIT. Black culture, especially now more than ever is shaping music, fashion, film and much more. Hip-hop is the dominating genre of today. I’m afraid it’s just unrealistic to not expect it to influence other communities. Now whether it is right or wrong to be influenced without having to go through the racial struggles of the given race. I cannot speak on that but I can certainly see that not every artist gets condemned to the same extent. 

NichuuB
3 minutes ago, Versace said:

I can name multiple white males appropriating Black culture in their work and are seeing great success with little to no questioning. 

Spoiler

Mustin

Spoiler

lady gaga love GIF

Property of @Whale

JusKeepBreathin
On 10/9/2021 at 5:46 AM, Gimme More said:

Sorry I don’t go waving a flag saying I’m a POC, should I make people aware every time I post? I find this highly offensive, another example of I’m guessing a white person trying to say my opinion (a POC) is not valid.  This is very insensitive to claim I’d lie about that. Stay mad a POC spoke and it doesn’t fit your smear campaign. You’re the one trying to belittle POC’s opinions.

He thinks POC are one monolithic group with the same opinion. 

But you're the racist one. :billie:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

bionic
1 hour ago, Munchlax said:

Clearly she’s a little too inspired by Janet. :teehee:

Rhythm Nation 2021 Boyz is not

buy bionic

Archived