celeb

Jesy Nelson addresses blackfishing claims

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

I'm not sure what people are seeing in these pictures. 

She looks very white European with a tan. Mediterranean white.

She reminds me of Sophia Loren. 

s-l300.jpg

1e2712be3d371df57519c591450e42a7.jpg

And she is dressed Urban like Karol G and J Balvin. They are also white. 

I personally know Argentinian women who tan super dark because they like to be tan not because they want to look black. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

What we've discovered here, I think, is Americans struggle to accept other cultures..  but we knew that already.

The Jersey Shore comparison was excellent. Very that, but more sportswear.

Pennywise

It's always interesting how people... turn out to be POC when they start losing arguments in which they sound racist, and that's all I will say on this I guess :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Blastertoyo
4 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

It's always interesting how people... turn out to be POC when they start losing arguments in which they sound racist, and that's all I will say on this I guess :poot:

But even then, like a black female YouTube I watched recently had said, there’s no right for anyone to tell others how to react or that something is or isn’t offensive. Not even other POC can tell a fellow POC. 

there’s literally no such thing as a universal experience. Just because something is “normalized” for you, doesn’t give you the right to invalidate the way others feel about it.

In this case the consensus is literally that people thought she was mixed or black. She can’t help her features sure, but most of the features that made people believe she was mixed/ black are literally not her natural features.

please enlighten me to death

Gimme More
2 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Sorry I don’t go waving a flag saying I’m a POC, should I make people aware every time I post? I find this highly offensive, another example of I’m guessing a white person trying to say my opinion (a POC) is not valid.  This is very insensitive to claim I’d lie about that. Stay mad a POC spoke and it doesn’t fit your smear campaign. You’re the one trying to belittle POC’s opinions.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

2 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Tag them. Go for it.

Of course she knew what she was doing. Just like she knew what she was doing by describing her “bad boyz” fetish as men from “the hood”. 

Suspiria
14 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

The problem is that often times, white people are praised for being "edgy" for having braids or dreads, whereas black people have experienced loss of employment and the like for wearing their natural hairstyle. 

This is just one example.

So the problem isn't that white people are wearing black hairstyles etc, it's that black people are being punished for it.

Of course that should never be the case in the first place, but I think that by allowing these styles to become more 'normalised' (for lack of a better word) by allowing more people to wear them, surely it would have the knock on effect of making them more accepted in the workplace for black people?

It's certainly an ideal or fair solution, but I think it's a realistic way of solving the problem.

ItWasntLaauv

She’s person who wants to look have a particular image just like any of us. She’s not doing blackface or committing hate crimes, there’s so many other things that people should be worrying about in my personal opinion.

bambi96
15 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

238387724_995804901207366_790372109480968272.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=formaEldLQHqWMAEGwaU.jpgscreenshot-2021-05-17-at-105710.pngnintchdbpict000317943327.jpg

sis, really? :awesome:

The first one, yes, but the rest? Not at all... Everyone in the UK looks like that with their bronzer! 

DelusionalGaga

The fact that people try to defend this with "this is normal in the UK".  Does that maybe mean that in your culture there's a larger problem of white girls appropriating black features to appear mixed and you're just failing to acknowledge it? :partysick:

bambi96
55 minutes ago, xlx said:

The fact that people try to defend this with "this is normal in the UK".  Does that maybe mean that in your culture there's a larger problem of white girls appropriating black features to appear mixed and you're just failing to acknowledge it? :partysick:

How is tan a black feature? Literally all over europe people are darker than she is with tan alone lmao

Archived