Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jesy Nelson addresses blackfishing claims

Teletubby

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

But also “culture doesn’t exist”

:huntyga:

Look at you missing the point entirely so you don't admit your hypocrisy.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blastertoyo
Just now, KORG said:

Look at you missing the point entirely so you don't admit your hypocrisy.

Look at you detecting and missing the point entirely so you don't admit your hypocrisy.

please enlighten me to death

flyaway

:smh: 

She left Little Mix to avoid any more bashings and bullying. But she gets herself in controversy over this, and for working with rape apologist/ antivaxxx Nicki Minaj. 

She's not making herself any favors at this point. 

Blastertoyo
1 minute ago, flyaway said:

:smh: 

She left Little Mix to avoid any more bashings and bullying. But she gets herself in controversy over this, and for working with rape apologist/ antivaxxx Nicki Minaj. 

She's not making herself any favors at this point. 

Dropping faster than Normani 

:bradley:

flyaway
2 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Dropping faster than Normani 

:bradley:

She's busy culture-shifting the world with her unreleased album 

1 minute ago, Blastertoyo said:

Look at you detecting and missing the point entirely so you don't admit your hypocrisy.

Look, kiddo, I understand it must be hard sometimes to look beyond your outrage to see that you're wrong, but that's exactly what you are. Wrong. Entirely.

Im a black man from England. I grew up in Ilford and moved to Nottingham when I was 21. I've been called racist in this thread, which isn't the first time on this site, but really shows that some people will look beyond reality to bend the world so it suits their narrative.

Culture happens when people do things in places.

The black population where Jesy is from is very prominent.

That is the culture there.

Therefore IT IS HER CULTURE.

I said culture isn't real because its literally the same as gender. It's a social construct and has no business in the real world. Don't make fun of people because of it, but other than that it's totally fine. Why the **** not braid your hair? It's just hair. Why the **** not get a spray tan? Just don't black-up. 

If getting braids and  spray tan is what you've grown up with then IT IS YOUR CULTURE.

Blastertoyo
2 minutes ago, KORG said:

Why the **** not get a spray tan? Just don't black-up. 

If getting braids and  spray tan is what you've grown up with then IT IS YOUR CULTURE.

2 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

c1e6cb5ac55a93e7ed8e32b0294fe74820e92db0
Eg6K6ZRWAAA8Qot.jpg

“Don’t black up”

ALGAYDO
50 minutes ago, JohnWayne92 said:

Isn’t it appropriation and not racism? :ohwell:

Appropriation is a form of micro-racism sis 

Gimme More
40 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

“Don’t black up”

17 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Appropriation is a form of micro-racism sis 

When it suits you?

giphy.gif

#JusticeForBritney ♡

I don’t think it's my place as someone who isn’t a person of color to be commenting my feelings about this

Linus Gaga
2 hours ago, Economy said:

But wouldnt trying to segregate things like dreds only make the problem worse?

I get theres a double standard that shouldnt exist because of a racism problem... but i dont think society responding this way is gonna help i think its slowing down progress

Because then any new style thats made popular in the black community doesnt become just a style. It becomes "the black style" or the "brown style" etc. 

U basically end up over emphasizing race as an identity simply by how u dress and putting people in categories and somehow thats suppostu be helpful to make progress? :huh:

We ended physical segregation. Not sure why creating social standard segregation on stuff as simple as dress and grooming is suppostu be helpful. Seems more like regressing.

Yes, it's 2021.

We should all just stay dressing in our traditional clothing and style :fail:

I think the word cultural appropriation start to be a reach somehow, when usually people use the style just because appreciation.Sharing culture is so common and simple, and shouldn't get offended just by the style. When people travel to Japan and Korea, the often hire their traditional clothing, walking around the city for photos. And I went to a multicultural festivital, they let different race people try on their culture's clothing. Usually people who got offended are not event the people from that race, and people who come from there, they simply don't even care, instead they're happy people noticed and appreciate their culture. 

I wonder when people cosplay Japanese anime character is it a cultural appropriation thing? Is cooking and eating food from other cultures not allowed?

Hit me a message and say hi !

ModernEcstasy

I am not a poc and always thought that Jesy was, until recently!

Why is it that people cannot embrace and celebrate Black culture rather than imitate it? 
This is probably a reach because maybe she does enjoy tanning like many UK girls, but if it offends some people then maybe she could tone it down a little. 

Gimme More
55 minutes ago, Chic said:

I don’t think it's my place as someone who isn’t a person of color to be commenting my feelings about this

I’m a POC and I truly feel like these people are reaching. I’m British and it really is the culture for whites girls to overly tan, Jesy is NOTHING compared to what I see. 

I’m not offended by this at all, I find it funny how non POC are attacking her and have the audacity to tell POC like me how I feel about the situation is wrong and my opinion isn’t valid.

I’m seeing fellow POC I know in real life posting about Jesy actually supporting her, saying are they appropriating white people for straightening their naturally curly hair.

People just want to attack her. What annoys me is people dare to have the audacity to question me, a POC (who this would actually affect) and I find it highly offensive. Who are those people to tell me how I should feel. She’s a tanned white British woman.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Healed My Heart
3 hours ago, INNA said:

So you’re telling me she’s not even a Little Mixed?

:air::air::air::air::air::air::air::air:

She/her đź’—đź’śđź’™

26 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

I’m a POC and I truly feel like these people are reaching. I’m British and it really is the culture for whites girls to overly tan, Jesy is NOTHING compared to what I see. 

I’m not offended by this at all, I find it funny how non POC are attacking her and have the audacity to tell POC like me how I should feel about the situation is wrong.

I’m seeing fellow POC I know in real life posting about Jesy actually supporting her, saying are they appropriating white people for straightening their naturally curly hair.

People just want to attack her. What annoys me is people dare to have the audacity to question me, a POC (who this would actually affect) and I find it highly offensive. Who are those people to tell me how I should feel. She’s a tanned white British woman.

I really appreciate your input on this :hug: Thank you for explaining your thoughts!

Archived