💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Two Cents

Fanta

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland
On 10/8/2021 at 12:32 AM, Fanta said:

I appreciate the generosity but you might wanna reconsider investing that into another L4S copy.

lady-gaga-cheers.jpg

I never realozed there was a whole stack of papers:air: Is she ever getting out of Vegagas? :air:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
13 minutes ago, *** Like Pepsi said:

You're totally right!! It's understandable that people are very attached to TF+TFM+BTW era Gaga but she was so young back back then, it's been over a decade since the start of her career and she is a grown woman now. Nobody (hopefully) is the same at 35 as they were at 22. The old Gaga is never coming back because she has grown up, just like I'm assuming people on this site who were like 15 when she first came out have also grown up and are doing completely different things now.

I also understand why she has cut back on her interaction with fans. She can't be as involved as she used to be forever, I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be to deal with all that, people don't respect  her boundaries and with her mental health problems these past few years she obviously doesn't need that and her distancing was a thought out choice.  It's much healthier for her this way. 

And good for her for not engaging in social media tbh. :ladyhaha:

I feel like pop stars in general have cut back in interactions with fans as they (usually women) are often (unfairly, imo) blamed for 'stan' behavior on the internet. you don't see male celebrities saddled with the blame, but women..they do all the time. like daily beast ran multiple articles on Taylor Swift's stans acting crazy and they clearly blamed her (and while I like Taylor, one could argue she does sort of facilitate it a bit unlike Bey, Gaga, Miley, etc. who have actually told stans to chill in the past...but there's a difference between passively facilitating it and acting like she encourages it or is even aware (and Daily Beast made it sound like the latter)).

This is her 'Battle for your Life'. If you stay the same way as before, you will deteriorate.

These times, many people think about their life choices, decisions..during the pandemic. Many people resigned from their work, many changed career paths, many tried different hobbies and more. So I can say the same thing happened for Gaga. Shes just like us.

As a long time fan from the Philippines, im just glad that she's alive and not living a toxic life. She exceeded my expectations of a pop star. She is a very good role model.

Wet Fire

I get what you're saying. I really don't absolutely understand the reasons behind this shift but I respect her choice. And personally, yes, I'd have loved her to interact with us more in a casual way. However, she still uses social media as a mode of promotion, updates on her personal and professional life and voicing support during political issues.

I think it might have something to do with her mental health.

Tbqh little managers can be some of the worst stans. I feel like nowadays she's making art for herself rather than doing it for others and I'm perfectly fine with that.

HuffsAhoy
2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Fans can share opinions, whether they consist of outpouring support and agreement or respectful criticism. Get over it.

As this thread proves, most of these "opinions" are expressed hatefully and with zero respect for Gaga. You can be critical of choices she's made in her career without being vile. These opinions should not be taken seriously and it's a shame their allowed to be supported on a so-called "fan site." 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Pennywise
On 10/8/2021 at 1:32 AM, Fanta said:

I appreciate the generosity but you might wanna reconsider investing that into another L4S copy.

lady-gaga-cheers.jpg

the way I still haven't even listened to one single song from that album :messga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

HuffsAhoy
Just now, Pennywise said:

the way I still haven't even listened to one single song from that album :messga:

If anything, please listen to "You're the Top" :ladyhaha:

Just now, HuffsAhoy said:

As this thread proves, most of these "opinions" are expressed hatefully and with zero respect for Gaga. You can be critical of choices she's made in her career without being vile. These opinions should not be taken seriously and it's a shame their allowed to be supported on a so-called "fan site." 

You're not one to talk considering your lack of decorum in multiple threads. Nothing in this thread is hateful or vile (besides your vernacular and attempt at flame baiting), and I have already quoted you previously in this thread letting you know that I had asked anyone participating to keep it respectful.

Clearly you're having a hard time doing so - so kindly exit stage left. 

Pennywise
Just now, HuffsAhoy said:

If anything, please listen to "You're the Top" :ladyhaha:

lmaoooooo is that the bottom anthem of the album :ladyhaha:

I *will* listen to the album sometime, I just wasn't in a jazz mood for a looooooong while now :cryga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

7 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Fans can share opinions, whether they consist of outpouring support and agreement or respectful criticism. Get over it.

And with that being thread, I don't know why my thread got revived but I won't explain yet again every single point I made with notes just because some users refuse to comprehend that you can be both critical and kind/respectful in your approach.

Why so defensive? I said they can be really shitty stans, it’s not like they fundamentally are that.

And I actually agree with you; constructive criticism exists for a reason. I just don’t think it’s worth making in this case because, well, Gaga will do whatever the hell she wants independently of what people think of her work — even LMs.

HuffsAhoy
2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

lmaoooooo is that the bottom anthem of the album :ladyhaha:

Yes :vegas:

Though it's genesis is about two lovers complimenting each other, not necessarily about being a top

Just now, Hyoha said:

Why so defensive? I said they can be really shitty stans, it’s not like they fundamentally are that.

And I actually agree with you; constructive criticism exists for a reason. I just don’t think it’s worth making in this case because, well, Gaga will do whatever the hell she wants independently of what people think of her work — even LMs.

Because I don't see the point in policing the expression of an opinion so long as it is respectful. There have been numerous attempts at having discussions about this topic (or similar ones) but they get shut down because of how negative they turn out and no one gets to properly (respectfully) express how they genuinely feel. We're in a fanbase, we have opinions, and as long as we're not disrespecting the artist we should be able to express them.

This thread was somewhat a much better result than I had expected (it didn't get locked back then and we kinda managed to keep it nicer than usual) but now that it's revived...yeah.

StressedOut

A lot of yall would be better off on ATRL/reddit/twitter hahahaha

Gaga hasn't properly interacted with fans for like 5 years at this point, I'm surprised threads like this are still being made. 

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic

Archived