Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Two Cents

Fanta

Featured Posts

Gagaloo911
40 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Who's life is in shambles because she doesn't tell them she loves them every day? If you cannot comprehend the discussion being had here it's best to just not say anything at all. It is very clear what we are discussing here and it has nothing to do with demanding what some of you perceive as the impossible. It ain't that deep.

Yea, the point clearly went over that user's head and doesn't understand at all what's being discussed in here :laughga:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Perhaps take your own advice :reductive:

4 minutes ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

She has to do that, she should to this.. Gaga is not forced to do fcking anything. 

Use your time to change your perspective instead of complaining. You live better once you stop demanding things from others. 

"...this is my personal opinion that is shared with no intent to disrespect Gaga lol. It's okay to disagree, but let's keep it respectful. I've always wanted a civil discussion regarding this."

This is what I said in the OP. And as far as I'm concerned, both of y'all...

74c38db2cf01c54b1ae9bece1cc360c4.gif

KindnessPunk

Unpopular opinion, but I think Gaga has grown up and a lot of her fans just refuse to accept that. Some (again some, not all) of her fans slap criticism over her recent career choices as her being lazy or selling out but I honestly think her taste has matured and she’s seem to have found a nice balance (for her) between her artistry and her commercial success. Gaga isn’t the up and coming pop girl that she used to be, so it comes to no surprise (to me) that she’s not active on Social Media anymore (other than to promote her projects which is TOTALLY fair because its her work). She’s a grown woman, and she even said this in Five foot Two that she wants to become a woman in this industry and I think she is there. She’s happy, she’s doing what she wants and I applaud her for it. 

4 minutes ago, KindnessPunk said:

Unpopular opinion, but I think Gaga has grown up and a lot of her fans just refuse to accept that. Some (again some, not all) of her fans slap criticism over her recent career choices as her being lazy or selling out but I honestly think her taste has matured and she’s seem to have found a nice balance (for her) between her artistry and her commercial success. Gaga isn’t the up and coming pop girl that she used to be, so it comes to no surprise (to me) that she’s not active on Social Media anymore (other than to promote her projects which is TOTALLY fair because its her work). She’s a grown woman, and she even said this in Five foot Two that she wants to become a woman in this industry and I think she is there. She’s happy, she’s doing what she wants and I applaud her for it. 

I actually think your opinion is a lot more popular in the fanbase than you think. I can see your point as well, and I was just recently watching 5F2 and I distinctly remember that scene.

From my own perspective however, equating radio silence to being a grown, mature woman is simply wrong. In Gaga's case, compared to other artists, it's because the way she operates today is what she always said she'd never do. I recall the FAME perfume, and how she didn't want to do it (even though today this would probably be a different situation).

When she did go along with it, she used her own personal money to give us that iconic Steven Klein commercial and went all out with the promotion. Overworking aside, which I'm glad is no longer happening, that particular drive and creativity had me as a teenager begging my parents to buy me the 'Lady Gaga semen perfume' lol. I didn't get it just because it's her, the innovation and the creativity and push behind it made it a must have for me.

She cannot do this with every product, clearly, but every endorsement recently (minus maybe Dom Perignon) has been a shell of that. She can branch out without being so nonchalant with the obvious cash-grabbing.

MelbHawker

I think her stans just can’t accept that she & her career have matured as she’s grown up. She’s not the same person that she once was.. her time in the industry (an industry that is completely different since she entered it) has changed her. She’s exploring other avenues of being an entertainer/businesswoman/activist. She also values her privacy, & I respect & admire that. I’m happy she’s still doing and achieving amazing things. I of course want more from her because everything she does I absolutely love but I also really love that she’s doing what she wants after the last 12 or so years.. let’s not forget, they weren’t exactly easy for her & she doesn’t owe anyone anything. I think her fans don’t really take into account the human side to her.. she’s always the celebrity, the name, the ‘Queen’. It’s a shame IMO. Unless she’s #1 or putting out content that garners attention & elicits ‘yasssss’ from stans, some of her fans resort to whinging / act almost offended/hard done by.. I’ll never understand it. 

OMonster

I think Gaga has transitioned from being a 'pop girl' to a 'legend' - and with that, comes less interaction and less visibility. She's just different now. I accept it. I don't particularly like it but I accept it and I understand it.

I think you have to realise that fame is torturous and, on a human level, it's really no surprise Gaga wanted to dial things back and realised this 'fantasy' she was living (mother monster) was actually a massive lie that was extremely destructive. The harsh truth is, she was connected to her fans because she was insecure and mentally unwell - she needed 'us' to heal her. It's why she wore the outfits. She was crying out for attention and love and she found that in outsiders who lifted her up. And honestly? She doesn't need lifting up anymore. She doesn't need her fans like she used to. 

subtext / fantasy

HiddenWeirdo
48 minutes ago, Fanta said:

.. It's okay to disagree, but let's keep it respectful."

I think I did that or do you mean you can disagree and others not?

Your tone seems very pointed at Gaga tbh

G U C C I
2 hours ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Lady Gaga is full of contradictions so this just adds to her Enigma.mp3

Nail it to the homepage f*cking pleaseee. I've said this over and over again on here and yet it always bears repeating. She could walk out of her mansion tomorrow and be a complete 180 from what we see today or become a complete hermit we never hear from again. The point is people can speculate over every aspect and detail of her life but she has purposefully built a career and image that can't be nailed down or predicted. Just when you think you know her she proves you really don't.  

Lucas

I agree with you!

I won't even bother to write more because it is forbidden to have any negative opinion about Gaga on here. I got punished for saying that doing digital autographs for L4S is a quick cash grab :sweat:

HorusRa2

It's just the natural separation that occurs. She worked her ass off for years and tortured herself for her art. Now she's reaping the benefits of it. It's her right to do what she wants but what isn't right is for the fans to refuse to let go and acknowledge the relationship has shifted. 

In other words, she gave us everything and in turn we did also. It's time to let go and move on. 

SEANGT
21 hours ago, Fanta said:

Gaga is a solidified icon, but as a longtime fan it hurts to see what I consider self-sabotage being peddled as 'growth'. I am consistent in saying that if Gaga wanted to she can go all out and full force, but the drive doesn't seem to be there.

I don't disagree with you about what Gaga's done but I think there's a different explanation. She's had to pull back and maintain a boundary for her own mental health. Just like all celebrities eventually do when they're at this level, like Beyonce. 

I also feel like she still has plenty of fun silly moments on social media. She's just focused on the work...and really, she always was. 

I think people have weird expectations of established artists. Gaga is one person. You can't expect her to reinvent herself every few years with a completely new perspective that lights the world on fire. Even the most legendary artists have their peak and then they are just legends who's new material is never really #1. I don't think there's any problem with what she's doing or her career at all. 

On 10/8/2021 at 4:06 AM, Fanta said:

This is quite a negative outlook at what has been consistently mentioned throughout this thread. It's not life altering to approach your fans more personally on social media beyond the demand for cash. It's really that simple, and it has nothing to do with age and whether or not someone has friends. If an artist is putting out multiple projects and endorsing brands simultaneously and expecting their fans/supporters to pitch in hard earned cash being a bit more personable (like we've seen Gaga be since the start of her career) should not be an effort.

Something I find toxic is when some people in the fandom consider relatability and engagement with the fans a childish demand, when the artist in question has spent a good chunk of time during the latter part of her career pandering to middle America and the GP. 

I dont think gaga is exspecting you to buy anything but oke 

• 2 months later...
Pussy Like Pepsi
On 10/8/2021 at 5:09 AM, G U C C I said:

I think Gaga cares very deeply about her fans and the Westfield show and fan zone experience is just one example of that. The issue is that she is now doing what she should have been doing all along and that is balancing lady Gaga and Stefani. She needed a life outside of her work but because the trauma she endured just trying to make it into the industry was so intense combined with having to constantly be on top of her game to get to where she wanted be in the industry she buried herself in her art and everything kept piling on to the point of a breakdown. She isn’t the same anymore and honestly how could she be? Once you face your demons head on and put yourself first it changes you. She is a 35 year old woman at the height of her career (which includes having to be a business woman as well as an artist) with what appears to be a stable partner and I would assume also juggling the idea of starting a family. If she seems disconnected I don’t see how anyone can fault her for that. 

Having said that though her robotic responses in interviews these days and her constant use of trying to make every statement this profound moment is a bit much to take. It’s like she can’t just be relatable or just “normal” anymore. Everything is this big interconnected dissertation on mental health and the born this way foundation. Speaking of which, I would still love more details about what they ACTUALLY do other than a “brave new world.” I appreciate hearing how articulate and intelligent she is but there comes a point where it all becomes word salad and I would just love a basic straightforward answer or statement. I think more moments like that intermingled with her mental health speeches would go a long way with most fans. As far as social media goes it’s just part of her job not an enjoyment. There’s a separate long ass discussion that could be had about it mostly being about hate from jackasses on social media towards her team, and while that’s true, their work is fair game for criticism but there is a massive difference in criticism and hateful, demeaning comments that are completely unnecessary. 

I totally agree with your first paragraph.  As for Born This Way Foundation, as far as I know, the main point of the foundation's existence is to raise money and then they give the money to LGBT youth charities.

Pussy Like Pepsi
On 10/8/2021 at 5:57 PM, KindnessPunk said:

You're totally right!! It's understandable that people are very attached to TF+TFM+BTW era Gaga but she was so young back back then, it's been over a decade since the start of her career and she is a grown woman now. Nobody (hopefully) is the same at 35 as they were at 22. The old Gaga is never coming back because she has grown up, just like I'm assuming people on this site who were like 15 when she first came out have also grown up and are doing completely different things now.

I also understand why she has cut back on her interaction with fans. She can't be as involved as she used to be forever, I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be to deal with all that, people don't respect  her boundaries and with her mental health problems these past few years she obviously doesn't need that and her distancing was a thought out choice.  It's much healthier for her this way. 

And good for her for not engaging in social media tbh. :ladyhaha:

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic

Archived