Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Two Cents

Fanta

Featured Posts

HuffsAhoy

She was literally harassed by fans two months ago after her Radio City shows in a restaurant. Her friends and family are constantly bullied online and in person, hell this fan site is filed with immense hatred for her seemingly every day. Of course she would want nothing to do with such ungrateful, literal, monsters. If you're life is in shambles because a celebrity doesn't tweet "love u monsters" every day or once a week, you might need to re-evaluate things. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise

The way the so called kind and nice monsters are spewing hatred at anyone who dares criticize Gaga is astoundingly funny :billie:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise

Like... at least be real and accept that you are one of those "monsters" you hate, if not worse :huntyga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

8 hours ago, retrosexual123 said:

Guys… whoever still thinks that Gaga ‘cares about’ or ‘misses’ her fans is delusional… 

Gaga has had more important things to deal with in her personal life than ‘her fans’ for the past 6/7 years… as evidenced by said lack of connection.

She has gone through PTSD, trauma, mental health issues, physical health issues, family issues (dad not speaking to her), heartbreak, online abuse, loss, drug issues… I mean the list is endless.

‘Lady Gaga’ the corporation needs to keep making money and paying the bills — hence Haus Labs, Vegas, Tudor + all the other BS they’ve pulled…

But Gaga herself, Stefani, just hasn’t ‘been there’ emotionally, spiritually, for many years now. The drive, the artistry, the hunger is just not there like it was for the first few years of her career… 

And it’s fine… she’s got her life to live and we should all focus on ours…

If she puts out some cool stuff (like Rain on Me) great! Enjoy it!

if not, look the other way and focus on you… 

A lot of truth nailed there imo, and some good advice in the last line.

Also, Rain On Me contains the line 'I'd rather be dry but at least I'm alive'. For me, that line has serious implications. I hope she's well, and I hope she's happy and I love a lot of the music she has made over the years.   

TortureMeOnReplay
11 hours ago, Fanta said:

Off the top of my head, I remember when Gaga used to tweet random lyrics all the time. Sure, not ever song made the cut (into the final albums) but that had all of us hooked.

She'd tweet random pictures of her behind the scenes and occasionally communicate directly with us. It always got the fanbase hyped up because she noticed us, interacted with us and even followed us. I don't know who's been here since the beginning but if you see the contrast I'm talking about you'd understand why a lot of fans feel frustrated.

I personally do not feel such minor and minuscule interactions on social media with us are an invasion of Gaga's privacy or time, but those small acts made the fans feel seen and heard. 

She was just posting fanart across her accounts a couple weeks ago for DOC. During Chromatica release night she was doing the same, and even asked for a Rick and Morty edit. 

7 hours ago, Oyster said:

She makes much more from haus labs than music. You’re like it’s a shame because she’s not charting as well but you forget that she’s at the status where she can make so much bank in other ways. And I know this may suck to hear, but this is still a business and she is a brilliant business woman. She’s very smart, don’t underestimate her choices just cuz she’s not #1 all the time. She knows how to stay on top. And yes this is capitalism but she knows how to play the game (and so do Beyoncé and Rihanna). 

Does she really make more from Haus Labs though? I think collectively her and her team own like 50% of the company. Whatever profit is left after R&D, production, marketing, warehousing and shipping, etc. Is split in half and then divided among her team. And that's assuming they pay out and don't reinvest and they've yet to turn a profit. 

6 hours ago, Nickolas724 said:

i completely agree however it’s the price that is payed for ridiculous fan behavior. just recently i remember her mom being almost attacked by fans and also a fan taking a sip of her drink while she isn’t looking. unbelievable conduct, not to mention the massive hate she gets when things go wrong and in top of that the way the fans totally destroy the people she works with , sarah, producers etc. i wish we had a close relationship like before but that is gone and I don’t think we will ever get it back 

I believe the fan that took a drink turned out to be one of her friends. 

LittleMonster20

Honestly the fanbase as a whole should just be more considerate towards her.

The way a big part of our fanbase, especially on here, acted recently constantly complaining about the Chromatica era and her not being the same as before is just painful.

Cello

After seeing that video earlier this year of her being harassed by "fans" telling her to sing or whatever, she doesn't owe us anything 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Hecturr
4 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

She was just posting fanart across her accounts a couple weeks ago for DOC. During Chromatica release night she was doing the same, and even asked for a Rick and Morty edit. 

Does she really make more from Haus Labs though? I think collectively her and her team own like 50% of the company. Whatever profit is left after R&D, production, marketing, warehousing and shipping, etc. Is split in half and then divided among her team. And that's assuming they pay out and don't reinvest and they've yet to turn a profit. 

I believe the fan that took a drink turned out to be one of her friends. 

to ur point about her making more from haus labs. She definitely does. Its been repeated on the forum a few times by different people like propagaga and even kirill that making music and selling albums makes gaga VERY little money after streaming took over. Hence her deals with different brands to make music videos etc. She makes most of her money on touring and selling merch not streaming or selling her albums.

With Haus Labs it's much easier to make money especially when it's on amazon. Wasn't there an article a few weeks maybe months ago that put Haus Labs in the top of celebrity make up brands? 

yourstruly

Thank you for this. I completely agree and relate to how you feel.

I recognize how jazz, acting etc is positioning her in a much more positive light. After so much negative press on her back for years it is the ideal context where she is being truly respected for what she does.

But I am lost as to who we are faced with today. She has matured yes, and that's a great thing. What I am confused about is how she is "selling" her image. There used to be a drive, a strong desire to be hands on with her narrative, and as far as for the main public is concern she is still being seeing as a chameleon, but us fan can see that she has allowed a business team to control all communications.

I feels sad, because I truly believe that she wishes to bring joy and love. It seems to me tho that she doesn't know how to do so anymore...

So we are left with marketing gimmick and constant promotion. I don't think she's the happiest this way, neither are we.

At the end of the day, I still feel grateful to see her thrive and have opportunities to shine on stage!

thatfoxyfeeling

The problem I have is the ‘influencer’ she has become on social media completely goes against the rebellious nature of Gaga as an artist. :yennefer:

5 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

She was literally harassed by fans two months ago after her Radio City shows in a restaurant. Her friends and family are constantly bullied online and in person, hell this fan site is filed with immense hatred for her seemingly every day. Of course she would want nothing to do with such ungrateful, literal, monsters. If you're life is in shambles because a celebrity doesn't tweet "love u monsters" every day or once a week, you might need to re-evaluate things. 

Who's life is in shambles because she doesn't tell them she loves them every day? If you cannot comprehend the discussion being had here it's best to just not say anything at all. It is very clear what we are discussing here and it has nothing to do with demanding what some of you perceive as the impossible. It ain't that deep.

HuffsAhoy
29 minutes ago, Fanta said:

it's best to just not say anything at all

Perhaps take your own advice :reductive:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

HiddenWeirdo

She has to do that, she should to this.. Gaga is not forced to do fcking anything. 

Use your time to change your perspective instead of complaining. You live better once you stop demanding things from others. 

Gagaloo911

There are some points you have made.

I was just thinking about this yesterday actually.

I think both sides have a point. She was driven away to a degree and I think that has translated into her "soulless" social media posts only about promoting brands now and selling her stuff.

That being said, I still very much feel the connection there when she performs as she talks to us how she always used to whenever she's on the stage. And in that way it feels she hasn't changed.

So idk. Contradictory just as she's always proven to be from the beginning.

Lady Gaga is full of contradictions so this just adds to her Enigma.mp3

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic

Archived