Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Two Cents

Fanta

Featured Posts

33 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

It’s not Gaga’s job to provide constant engagement with fans. She has thanked her fans and shown support over the years in various ways. Gaga is in her thirties now and most fans are in their twenties. Ten years ago it made more sense when most monsters were teens, but nowadays most adults don’t have the time to constantly engage with popstars on social media and Gaga is focused on also building a movie career. Monsters who need constant attention from a popstar should probably get more real life friends, because Gaga can’t fulfill all of her fans needs. I think she could share more and communicate more but she also has her own mental health to look after, and social media is quite toxic, and everyone needs breaks from it once and while. I think Love For Sale is doing poorly because it just isn’t a genre or style that sells- simple as that. Monsters are a community that likes electronic music and sometimes piano ballads with pop music leanings. 

This is quite a negative outlook at what has been consistently mentioned throughout this thread. It's not life altering to approach your fans more personally on social media beyond the demand for cash. It's really that simple, and it has nothing to do with age and whether or not someone has friends. If an artist is putting out multiple projects and endorsing brands simultaneously and expecting their fans/supporters to pitch in hard earned cash being a bit more personable (like we've seen Gaga be since the start of her career) should not be an effort.

Something I find toxic is when some people in the fandom consider relatability and engagement with the fans a childish demand, when the artist in question has spent a good chunk of time during the latter part of her career pandering to middle America and the GP. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oyster

She makes much more from haus labs than music. You’re like it’s a shame because she’s not charting as well but you forget that she’s at the status where she can make so much bank in other ways. And I know this may suck to hear, but this is still a business and she is a brilliant business woman. She’s very smart, don’t underestimate her choices just cuz she’s not #1 all the time. She knows how to stay on top. And yes this is capitalism but she knows how to play the game (and so do Beyoncé and Rihanna). 

holy scheisse
49 minutes ago, retrosexual123 said:

But Gaga herself, Stefani, just hasn’t ‘been there’ emotionally, spiritually, for many years now. The drive, the artistry, the hunger is just not there like it was for the first few years of her career… 

And it’s fine… she’s got her life to live and we should all focus on ours…

If she puts out some cool stuff (like Rain on Me) great! Enjoy it!

if not, look the other way and focus on you… 

This unfortunately… this. That’s the thing I miss about her more than fan interaction, is the impression that she cares about and is passionate about her music. The way she once carried herself was so electric. It’s actually sad that being in the industry and the pressures that came with it kinda stole that from her. I don’t think she’s the only one though I think many people love something until it becomes a stressful thing and then they start to resent it. Hence why she seems to be distancing herself from pop music and focusing on acting and stuff instead. It’s sad coming from who Gaga was during TF era, you’d never imagine she would be who she is today back then. But it is what it is and you right at least we get great things like rain on me and the DOC remixes even if it doesn’t seem Gaga is very passionate about them at all publicly

who knows what a post Covid Gaga album will look like. I still have hope to love her work again and I’ll still be her fan for life tbh

Helxig

Honestly I blame the fans. They've treated her like dirt for so long now. Her biggest critics. She loved them with everything they had and they just relentlessly abused her online and told her she wasn't good enough. Even in person so many of them just scream at her, take photos without permission, ask her inappropriate questions about  hurtful subjects, constantly pressure her to release content. I don't see a friendship coming from the fanbase anymore either. Back in 2012 there was a much healthier culture around fandom than now. I would've tapped out too.

Although I will say I miss things like her pulling fans out of the crowd to go backstage and meeting them after shows. Those things would be nice :( 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Flawless

I agree with you on everything and I also understand why she's so distant from the fanbase & social media. But everything has a consequence and Love for Sale underwhelming sales reflects this

the scars on my mind are on replay.

G U C C I

I think Gaga cares very deeply about her fans and the Westfield show and fan zone experience is just one example of that. The issue is that she is now doing what she should have been doing all along and that is balancing lady Gaga and Stefani. She needed a life outside of her work but because the trauma she endured just trying to make it into the industry was so intense combined with having to constantly be on top of her game to get to where she wanted be in the industry she buried herself in her art and everything kept piling on to the point of a breakdown. She isn’t the same anymore and honestly how could she be? Once you face your demons head on and put yourself first it changes you. She is a 35 year old woman at the height of her career (which includes having to be a business woman as well as an artist) with what appears to be a stable partner and I would assume also juggling the idea of starting a family. If she seems disconnected I don’t see how anyone can fault her for that. 

Having said that though her robotic responses in interviews these days and her constant use of trying to make every statement this profound moment is a bit much to take. It’s like she can’t just be relatable or just “normal” anymore. Everything is this big interconnected dissertation on mental health and the born this way foundation. Speaking of which, I would still love more details about what they ACTUALLY do other than a “brave new world.” I appreciate hearing how articulate and intelligent she is but there comes a point where it all becomes word salad and I would just love a basic straightforward answer or statement. I think more moments like that intermingled with her mental health speeches would go a long way with most fans. As far as social media goes it’s just part of her job not an enjoyment. There’s a separate long ass discussion that could be had about it mostly being about hate from jackasses on social media towards her team, and while that’s true, their work is fair game for criticism but there is a massive difference in criticism and hateful, demeaning comments that are completely unnecessary. 

HausOfAntonio

While I agree with a lot I also think we don’t really know what drove her away, so we must respect her decision :shrug: with the amount of stuff we know she goes through I don’t blame her for stepping back to focus on other issues. 

Nickypie101

i completely agree however it’s the price that is payed for ridiculous fan behavior. just recently i remember her mom being almost attacked by fans and also a fan taking a sip of her drink while she isn’t looking. unbelievable conduct, not to mention the massive hate she gets when things go wrong and in top of that the way the fans totally destroy the people she works with , sarah, producers etc. i wish we had a close relationship like before but that is gone and I don’t think we will ever get it back 

Patriziaa Reggiani

Well.. I do agree that Gaga's socials to a much part now seems like an influencer, with little to no interaction with the fans but this fandom has an innate 'quality' of resorting to bullying her team whenever things doens't go their way, the amount of hate that Sarah, Freddy, Richy etc. receive on a daily basis is bad, you don't think they talk about it with gaga, they literally are her family. 

I will not watch House of Gucci

PrincessGUY

I get that her going from 100 to 0 seems jarring but I think it’s important to not let being a fan of a celebrity become parasocial. I think she realized that she made a mistake being too close with her fanbase in the beginning and helped create stan culture. Having all of her social media posts be promo/ ads is kind of sad, but in the end I feel it’s healthier for everyone.

now that I’ve said this on a cult site, I’m ready to be crucified :bear:

Robinladen

I don't often criticize Gaga, but I agree the brand deals are going too far. You couldn't imagine Adele or Beyoncé advertising Oreos. Her fans also don't care for these luxury champagne, watches, cars, ... brands. Haus Labs is as much commercial content as we can digest and she definetely needs to stop accepting other deals. I get it's easy money, but she doesn't really need the money, she's not some influencer surviving by brand deals.

Starmie25
53 minutes ago, Robinladen said:

I don't often criticize Gaga, but I agree the brand deals are going too far. You couldn't imagine Adele or Beyoncé advertising Oreos. Her fans also don't care for these luxury champagne, watches, cars, ... brands. Haus Labs is as much commercial content as we can digest and she definetely needs to stop accepting other deals. I get it's easy money, but she doesn't really need the money, she's not some influencer surviving by brand deals.

You have to remember though Gaga has been a business woman from the get go, not just last few years- Minecraft, Farmville, Doritos, Telephone, BEATS and much more

Mother of Puppies

Don’t you remember when she comforted a sex bot on Instagram thinking it was a fan who had a hard day? :laughga: 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

DoremonLove
9 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

if i were dragged by the "fans" everytime something goes wrong or not as the fandom wanted

i wouldn't talk to them either

gaga didn't distance herself from monsters

monsters pushed gaga away

This. :ladyhaha: 

Edit -let me add

You guys cant drag sarah her friend left and right and call haus labs horse labs and CHROMATICA traumatica and expect her to come online n do a q and a. 

How can anoyone not love gaga

flyaway

As a fan from many years, I don't blame her for disengaging from social media and her fanbase. She's gone through some negative experiences because of that, so I find it to be a smart move to set herself apart. Mostly for her well being and her mental health.

At the beginning of her career, LG was still a young girl who saw the world from a different perspective. She believed in people, as many of us do when we are very young. All her chaotic rise to fame tought her some hard lessons about greed, lack of privacy and public shame that comes from being a famous figure. I believe her attitude today is just a consequence of her traumatic past. 

But I have to agree that she's sorta becoming a product seller more than an artist these days. I wouldn't blame her personally, but the celebrity environment around her that I find to be very toxic and vain. That's a very American thing. Everything becomes about money and selling stuff. That's what makes me sad, because I feel she's lost a lot of her passion as an artist. 

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic

Archived