💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Two Cents

Fanta

Featured Posts

I'm not as involved in the fandom as I used to be, but I lurk and occasionally contribute during release/major events.

With that being said, I increasingly side eye the...'direction' she took in the past few years. On the plus side, her career shift earned her an Oscar and worldwide acclaim (yet again). The world views Gaga in a different light, more respect for her talent and her position in the industry. The main issue I (personally) took with her 'rebirth' was her complete detachment from her fanbase. In essence, she pulled what I consider a Beyonce, or a 'drop and go'. It just always felt odd because as far as I (thought I) knew, Gaga's presence and dominance for a large portion of her career was driven at light speed by the intimate relationship she had with us, her fanbase. So to go from 100 to 0 was...a choice. 

I read through the L4S thread and the arguments about numbers and what not, and I don't agree that it's because of lack of promotion or the fandom being broke. The artwork and style is beautiful, the songs are cute (not my taste) but work, she filmed plenty of promo and is tweeting nonstop. The 'issue' is the monotone, robotic communication with us. Gaga's social media, unfortunately, is non-stop ads selling us products with automated captions. It's lifeless, a complete contrast (polar opposite even) to what we know she puts into her work (don't mention HL). The math isn't mathing and quite frankly, it comes across as obnoxious.

I understand her lack of care for social media, and what it has become, but at what point do you step back and think (away from the trolling and drama) her fans do have a point. Gaga is a solidified icon, but as a longtime fan it hurts to see what I consider self-sabotage being peddled as 'growth'. I am consistent in saying that if Gaga wanted to she can go all out and full force, but the drive doesn't seem to be there.

Another disclaimer because I end up being dragged in my threads, this is my personal opinion that is shared with no intent to disrespect Gaga lol. It's okay to disagree, but let's keep it respectful. I've always wanted a civil discussion regarding this.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dojo said:

those two cents felt more like 2k dollars sis :triggered: but there are some points you just made.

Not quite the discussion I was hoping to invoke but lmao. Please excuse my once every few months critical analysis. 

giphy.gif

Mother of Puppies

Let me get my popcorn Excited The Goldbergs GIF by HULU

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you đŸ§č

1 minute ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Let me get my popcorn Excited The Goldbergs GIF by HULU

LMAO! Now I know y'all are not gonna act like I dropped a bomb after the mess I saw in that L4S thread.

js4754394o9823

if i were dragged by the "fans" everytime something goes wrong or not as the fandom wanted

i wouldn't talk to them either

gaga didn't distance herself from monsters

monsters pushed gaga away

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Just now, kukuryku666 said:

if i were dragged by the "fans" everytime something goes wrong or not as the fandom wanted

I feel this is more an excuse than it is a truth, because while it's true that there are toxic 'fans' the majority are still here because they love Gaga and her art.

DanielM

Knowing how toxic is the online world of social media, isn't it a little too much to ask a solidified artist like Gaga to keep that space open to selling more albums? I mean, does she need another number 1 album? Honestly, I think she passed that by. I feel like she's okay with letting her music career slow down as her acting career is getting more and more of her focus. I think that's okay. So I don't blame her for not being out there engaging with her fans directly.  

enissa11

she just made a free jazz concert for the fans with free drinks, food and merch, it was amazing, i felt loved by her, i don't care she don't interact with us in social media, i don't even use social media either.

Mad Architect of Light

Suspiria
23 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

I've said this a million times on here but this argument has to go. It's just untrue.

There is a small minority of fans on here and Twitter (including myself:bear:) who like to complain. But 99% of Gaga's fans worship the ground she walks on. If you search #ladygaga on social media almost everything you see is fan art, cute edits, throwback photos or cosplay. And then the majority of her comments are p*rn bots lol. So I just do not understand this obsession with the idea that "fans pushed her away" when she most likely doesn't see any of the hate from fans.

RAMROD

I'll add another ¹48 here, so you get ¹50 now, sis! :applause:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

I'll add another ¹48 here, so you get ¹50 now, sis! :applause:

I appreciate the generosity but you might wanna reconsider investing that into another L4S copy.

lady-gaga-cheers.jpg

js4754394o9823
1 minute ago, Fanta said:

I feel this is more an excuse than it is a truth, because while it's true that there are toxic 'fans' the majority are still here because they love Gaga and her art.

maybe the majority is not bad, but the minority is loud, visible and social media is their main place to hate on her and her team

so there's nothing else to do then just walk away from it

she still thinks about the real ones tho, she cried talking about LM in early Chromatica interviews

so it's not like she doesn't care anymore, it's just harder to communicate when platforms she used for it before became corrupted

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I appreciate the generosity but you might wanna reconsider investing that into another L4S copy.

lady-gaga-cheers.jpg

:lmao:

Just now, kukuryku666 said:

maybe the majority is not bad, but the minority is loud, visible and social media is their main place to hate on her and her team

so there's nothing else to do then just walk away from it

she still thinks about the real ones tho, she cried talking about LM in early Chromatica interviews

so it's not like she doesn't care anymore, it's just harder to communicate when platforms she used for it before became corrupted

We allegedly had CTV in the works, but it got shelved and never saw the light of day. I don't think the consensus is for Gaga to dedicate time and effort into social media, just some form of communication with the LM community that is not rooted in $. If she and her team have time to peddle us product after product like an influencer then I'm sure a second to two can be spared to tweet/post something casual to the fans. Keep us engaged.

But I guess it's also hard when an entire era is brought to a sudden halt.

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic

Archived