Anveeroy

Featured Posts

HuffsAhoy
4 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

American Life is Madonna's best album. 

Change my mind. 

Not when this masterpiece exists 

R-1560508-1494599031-7873.jpeg.jpg

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Agunimon
4 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Not when this masterpiece exists 

R-1560508-1494599031-7873.jpeg.jpg

American Life and Erotica were the two albums I just could not get into no matter what when I was exploring her discography. Ironically, I adore Madame X which most consider one of her worst. (True Blue however is my favorite)

HuffsAhoy
1 minute ago, Aetheryte said:

American Life and Erotica were the two albums I just could not get into no matter what when I was exploring her discography. Ironically, I adore Madame X which most consider one of her worst. (True Blue however is my favorite)

I am with you on American Life, there is just too much filler for it to be a great album in my opinion. It's a shame too, because the highs of AL are genuinely some of her best. Erotica was a favorite the first listen. As for Madame X, I am also one of the rare fans who thinks it's one of the best albums she's ever made. I rank it alongside Like a Prayer, Erotica, and Ray of Light. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Agunimon
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I am with you on American Life, there is just too much filler for it to be a great album in my opinion. It's a shame too, because the highs of AL are genuinely some of her best. Erotica was a favorite the first listen. As for Madame X, I am also one of the rare fans who thinks it's one of the best albums she's ever made. I rank it alongside Like a Prayer, Erotica, and Ray of Light. 

The lyrical content, in my opinion, on American Life is probably some of her best... but the production choices on nearly every song are just so jarring to me, it throws me off completely and I'm not really someone who can ignore production choices for an entire album -- one or two songs, maybe -- even if the lyrics are very substantial. Then again, I have some pretty unpopular opinions regarding her music. For instance, Confessions is overrated in my opinion.

salty like sodium

Anyone who thinks American Life has fillers on it really need new ears, or to relisten to it. Ray of Light, Music, American Life and Confessions are her golden years imo.

BiblicalS3NSE
20 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

This is what I think of Erotica. Too many fillers and the theme gets boring after awhile. Meanwhile AL can apply to many things and is more diverse. I mean her vocal use/range here is also extraordinary! I also think AL is one of M's favorites, even calling Madame X a "sequel" to that. 

Matt. 6:10

Archived