💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HDD: LFS at #10 (if not kicked out by Morgan Racist Wallen)

Dennis

Featured Posts

Gaby15
3 hours ago, lestyoufall said:

I would’ve bought it if she had sung like she did during the Westfield’s concert. Her performance of LFS was insane but then you listen to the album version & the energy is just gone. Idk that’s just my opinion.

I don’t understand the music technically, but they clearly changed the tempo of the song. I liked the first half better at the Westfield show, but I like the second half of the album version.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaby15
1 hour ago, perfumgenius said:

Not to be dramatic, but i do think this #1 was important to Gaga
She DID promote the **** out of it, i mean, interviews, a live concert, MTV unplugged, the documentary, a whole 45 minute listening commentary, what else can you do…
And she told the story of their #1 with C2C many times on this album rollout, she even nervously stumble and talked about when BTW was #1 at the live concert.  
Plus, all the vinyls, ALL the CDs versions, and now the “digital signed” CDs… she did care about the chart performance of this album, imo
So yeah, it’s sad… it’s not the end of her career, Tony is literally a legend, they’ll be fine, but it’s such a shame

I think so too, even though they knew it was going to be hard. But they certainly weren’t thinking of a possible 10th place. :(

whoresup

I think the issue is that C2C was given a huge promotional push whereas it feels like L4S has been squeezed in between projects. 

If it had been given a bigger push and if Gaga didn’t have so much other stuff going on then it would’ve done better. Also didn’t C2C have ticket bundles which counted back then? 

I really don't care about the charts (for this record)!

This record is something above the charts!

It's a celebration of Tony's career and we should be proud of Gaga that she managed to have 2 records with that legendary musician and singer! It's a dream for many artists to have a collaboration with such a huge name, it's a  big "step" in Gaga's career!!!

I really love her voice ,this record shows me that Gaga is a phenomenon of our generation! She can do whatever she wants with her voice so handily, vocals that are so difficult for others artists ,for Gaga they are such a simple thing!! 

I will fly on a challenger across the sky like a phoenix..

2 hours ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

If you see something then so be it :poot: 

but her pretty face is definitely a huge factor. 

bop songs + pretty face = :ally:

I hope you take that back for your own good. tiffany pollard reality GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Just A Holy Fool

Where have other jazz albums debuted this year? Something tells me Love For Sale will be up there as one of the best selling jazz albums released this year. 

Leoj305

Y’all realize L4S was recorded in 2017/2018 . She was wearing all those outfits back then. I’m sure most Of the imagery was from then too. I will argue she sounds vocally better in L4S than in c2c but she’s an even higher tier in 20/21 than she was in 18/17 imo vocally. 

Patriziaa Reggiani
4 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

Y’all realize L4S was recorded in 2017/2018 . She was wearing all those outfits back then. I’m sure most Of the imagery was from then too. I will argue she sounds vocally better in L4S than in c2c but she’s an even higher tier in 20/21 than she was in 18/17 imo vocally. 

Yeah, the Westfield concert proved all the haters wrong who were coming for Gaga's voice, she sounded flawless.

I will not watch House of Gucci

thehanyo

The people who don't think Gaga wanted this to go #1 are absolutely delusional-- and clearly haven't watched her interview with Zane Lowe about L4S... she speaks AT LENGTH about going #1 with C2C. In fact, when she called Tony to deliver the "amazing news," he said they should do an album of Cole Porter songs next.

THE WHOLE REASON THEY MADE THIS ALBUM IS BECAUSE C2C WENT #1

Read that a few times until you get it!

enissa11
22 hours ago, Gaby15 said:

No one is required to buy ROM boots except Bad Bunny. It is everyone’s own responsibility not to rush to buy Dom Perignon or more copies of CDs if they can’t afford it, even if they like the packaging. If she sells all sorts, there is probably a demand for it. :oops: 

On the other hand, if someone bought a $1 Oreo cookie for packaging, don’t blame Gaga if they don’t like it, as they haven’t liked Oreo before. What did they expect, a brand new product?

What I really don’t understand is that a lot of fans aren’t even curious enough to listen the songs once on Spotify. I understand they don’t like jazz, but it’s weird that they’re not at all curious about Gaga’s singing either. And I think it’s nice from a fan to leave a new album on loop at night.

it's also worth noticing that she organized a free concert for the fans with free drinks, free food and free merch of love for sale, it was so nice, she really cares returns the love and support from the fans in a lot of ways

Mad Architect of Light

James Gibson

It's not the end of the world if this doesn't sell a million copies. But their teams for sure expected and wanted a bigger debut. However, they counted too much on their name power and Tony's condition alone to get there.

Even if it's a passion project it needs to have some revenue to the label, and popularity is one of them. Ofc it will still be the #1 jazz album of the year, but it would be terribly embarrassing if it wasn't.

What's most heartbreaking is Gaga saying one of her goals with these projects is expanding jazz to a younger audience and continue Tony's legacy, but she's failing to get that even with her fanbase. That's the true failure so far. And maybe it would be time for her team to understand what's making her fans so detatched from her.

Alexmeishaonv

If I remember correctly, Gaga said she called Tony “C2C reached No. 1, which was the next day after the album released” I think her No. 1 means on iTunes here, not billboard, and I don’t think even herself imagined a jazz album could reach No.1 on billboard chart at that time when C2C released. 
I do believe Gaga cares about this No. 1 for L4S and shes happy with the iTunes No. 1, and I think she knew it’s not possible to top billboard chart this time. She’s in this business for a long time and she knows her competition and the rules, let’s just be happy that this album hit iTunes No. 1 again and lets keep supporting and celebrating our queen and her hard work. 
If you haven’t heard this album, I encourage you to give a try, it’s such a great album! 

ConnorFilm
12 minutes ago, pachinko said:

When will we know?

This weekend I believe.

I tried to do my part. I streamed the album two more times yesterday and bought the exclusive vinyl at Target. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

20 hours ago, James Gibson said:

It's not the end of the world if this doesn't sell a million copies. But their teams for sure expected and wanted a bigger debut. However, they counted too much on their name power and Tony's condition alone to get there.

Even if it's a passion project it needs to have some revenue to the label, and popularity is one of them. Ofc it will still be the #1 jazz album of the year, but it would be terribly embarrassing if it wasn't.

What's most heartbreaking is Gaga saying one of her goals with these projects is expanding jazz to a younger audience and continue Tony's legacy, but she's failing to get that even with her fanbase. That's the true failure so far. And maybe it would be time for her team to understand what's making her fans so detatched from her.

I just wanted to say that she's not failing with me! I haven't really cared for jazz that much but this album is really growing on me.. after streaming all week I feel like my ears are getting used to this sound

I hope this is happening to some other fans too, because it really is an album that can make you feel better. It's like, very uplifting sounding, hearing it in the background while you're doing other stuff. Especially knowing how much Gaga and Tony love singing together :kara:

Archived