Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HDD: LFS at #10 (if not kicked out by Morgan Racist Wallen)

Dennis

Featured Posts

SharGaga

Who cares? Still I hope it debuts top 10. We're getting new projects again since DoC and we will more movie and music promo in the fall. I'm good.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CannaeDrive
2 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

The immaturity & plain idiocy on this forum is an all time high re: Love For Sales projected figures. This is a passion project.. it’s a release that celebrates Tony’s inexplicable gift & career - it really does not matter where it peaks or charts. What she’s achieved with Tony given his illness is incredible & inspiring - not even her label would’ve expected this to go #1. Jazz isn’t popular either, as loveable as it is. I’m proud of her for supporting Tony & sharing her love of Jazz with a generation who have probs never listened to it.

You said it better than I ever will :tea:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

MaryJaneHolland
39 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

I think this album will rise during November/December especially after the concert is released.

38 minutes ago, QueenChromatix said:

I think the same. Now it will debut somewhere within top 10, but its peak position will come in following weeks.

Girls it will be probably be OUT by then, dont delude yourself :air:

Juanlittlem
21 minutes ago, Papergangstuh said:

Yep! On her store or Barnes and Noble.

Oh, I didnt know that, I bought it from her store back then when they announced it.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

FFXIV WhiteMage
6 hours ago, Sepsami said:

I don't agree with that, Gaga at this point is finally known to be multifaceted (ty ASIB). She's not just regarded as a "chaotic popstar" like Miley Cyrus, Nicki etc (no hate on either tho they slap :lolly:). Gaga absolutely is a household name comparable to Beyoncé, Madonna, Adele,.. Most of this is thanks to ASIB and to a lesser extent the Superbowl.

Bringing Dula Pipa into this is a bit random :poot: 

I agree but these artists capitalized the pretty pop  girl image from the very start which leads them to a wider reach of audience. I brought up Dua coz she’s the best example of the formulaic main pop girl. In which Gaga was great because she’s not your typical good girl gone bad MPG. She was chaotic from the very start. 

and of course, Gaga has the biggest repertoire in terms of talent.

perfumgenius

Not to be dramatic, but i do think this #1 was important to Gaga
She DID promote the **** out of it, i mean, interviews, a live concert, MTV unplugged, the documentary, a whole 45 minute listening commentary, what else can you do…
And she told the story of their #1 with C2C many times on this album rollout, she even nervously stumble and talked about when BTW was #1 at the live concert.  
Plus, all the vinyls, ALL the CDs versions, and now the “digital signed” CDs… she did care about the chart performance of this album, imo
So yeah, it’s sad… it’s not the end of her career, Tony is literally a legend, they’ll be fine, but it’s such a shame

7 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

It’s not about the fans..First:Taylor is pretty much announcing every album on Good morning america(if I’m not wrong)..Taylor’s Instagram is only with her music with her 181 million followers,meanwhile Garg’s Instagram looks like an influencer in a financial crisis…Her followers are way too small too,it’s not about streaming 24/7,it’s about the reach too…Anyways!Both Taylor and Gaga deserve their success and wish them all the best

lmao this was genius! You are right, never noticed how Taylor's insta is really filled with music!

38 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

I brought up Dua coz she’s the best example of the formulaic main pop girl.

Alison Brie Reaction GIF how exactly? I think that title belongs to Britney.

FFXIV WhiteMage
1 minute ago, dojo said:

Alison Brie Reaction GIF how exactly? I think that title belongs to Britney.

They're both the same :poot: 

Except Dua is the current active  MPG

2 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

They're both the same :poot: 

Except Dua is the current active  MPG

No honey boo, you are not going to box up Dua into that category, she is way more than a pretty face and actually i honestly think her looks don't have anything to do with the success she is achieving.

FFXIV WhiteMage
2 minutes ago, dojo said:

No honey boo, you are not going to box up Dua into that category, she is way more than a pretty face and actually i honestly think her looks don't have anything to do with the success she is achieving.

If you see something then so be it :poot: 

but her pretty face is definitely a huge factor. 

bop songs + pretty face = :ally:

Gaby15
8 hours ago, Bolkins said:

Does anyone think team Gaga is losing touch with reality a tad? Just thinking about the amount of ‘collectibles’ Gaga has released over the course of the last few years, it’s astronomical. From CD’s to merch to make up to products that are so far out most fans price range it’s laughable. Over the course of the last few years surely even the richest most die hard fans must be spending an insane amount of money on ‘supporting Gaga’ I just can’t fathom it 

No one is required to buy ROM boots except Bad Bunny. It is everyone’s own responsibility not to rush to buy Dom Perignon or more copies of CDs if they can’t afford it, even if they like the packaging. If she sells all sorts, there is probably a demand for it. :oops: 

On the other hand, if someone bought a $1 Oreo cookie for packaging, don’t blame Gaga if they don’t like it, as they haven’t liked Oreo before. What did they expect, a brand new product?

What I really don’t understand is that a lot of fans aren’t even curious enough to listen the songs once on Spotify. I understand they don’t like jazz, but it’s weird that they’re not at all curious about Gaga’s singing either. And I think it’s nice from a fan to leave a new album on loop at night.

Gaby15
7 hours ago, enissa11 said:

i try to understand but i can't, maybe i'm biased cause i know gaga and her artistry, but it really comforted my heart, i laughed and cried watching her last performance, and i think someone has to have a heart of stone to not laugh and at least be moved by it, i think she delivered a lot vocally and emotionally, i was floored a lot of times, of course she can improve more and be even better and become one of the legends of jazz, but idk i enjoyed it so so much, my face hurt at the end for smiling during all the performance, no modern pop artist transmits that much emotionally and vocally imo, and i trust Tony, not dumb critics, he knew she was a great jazz singer.

I think there are different approaches to jazz as well, and some "real" jazz fans don’t consider Gaga’s style to be restrained and conservative enough. I like her style, bc with the exception of a few classic recordings, I usually find jazz songs boring.

Archived