💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HDD: LFS at #10 (if not kicked out by Morgan Racist Wallen)

Dennis

Featured Posts

Chris Evans

streaming has broken the billboard charts for the last 5 years, there's no one to blame but them since the people are obviously buying it (#2 most sold albums of the week) but you can't expect a jazz album to compete with the current streaming algorithm with albums that have current hits

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatican
Just now, Chris Evans said:

streaming has broken the billboard charts for the last 5 years, there's no one to blame but them since the people are obviously buying it (#2 most sold albums of the week) but you can't expect a jazz album to compete with the current streaming algorithm with albums that have current hits

The pure sales are still pretty low though? This should never have been released this week with so much competition and they needed a better plan to promote a dead genre cover album. 

NFRatwell
9 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

so, it is too basic or too theatric? i'm not understanding...

If I’m reading it right there’s no “soul” or depth… vocals being too theatrical is like the exact opposite of what you want in jazz, especially if you’re a female jazz singer. You’re essentially taking the flavor out of it by making it seem like it’s part of a play (it’s both). 

RichAssPiss

Cheek to Cheek's opening weeks sales were admittedly nflated due to all the available versions. I bought four copies - Target, iTunes, HSN, and signed. She got us all with the different trscklists. 

Chromatican

I’m wondering if this should’ve had a Netflix special or been released closer to House of Gucci or something… This kind of album needs promo spots, timing and the right audience engaged to succeed. I’m wondering if fans also just aren’t into JazzGa as they were in 2014.

Leoj305
1 hour ago, Darkgod said:

I love gaga and i absolutely love this album .. but this is what will start happen if u don't take your music career seriously.. 

Most of the LMs i know still not happy by what happened to chromatica . 

Tbh a lot of her hardcore fans that I know did not enjoy what happened to chromatica post rain on me. How she dropped the album promo completely after the album came out. Obvs due to BLM but still. 

voltron92
37 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

The pure sales are still pretty low though? This should never have been released this week with so much competition and they needed a better plan to promote a dead genre cover album. 

I honestly cannot believe that 35k pure sale.. Swifties, on the other hand, just eat up everything that woman spits out.

Chromatican
5 minutes ago, voltron92 said:

I honestly cannot believe that 35k pure sale.. Swifties, on the other hand, just eat up everything that woman spits out.

If Gaga did The Fame Monster (Halloween version) I bet it could do much better numbers. It’s about how you market yourself and what fans are willing to buy or listen to. 

9 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

Tbh a lot of her hardcore fans that I know did not enjoy what happened to chromatica post rain on me. How she dropped the album promo completely after the album came out. Obvs due to BLM but still. 

That’s apart of it. I defended Gaga a lot during the pandemic but in the future they need to have a game plan to make their eras stick, because Chromatica could’ve been much bigger with even a few more performances and one more music video.

LostBoyfriend
3 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

This is extremely underwhelming. I'm sorry, but this should have easily been able to go top 5. I guess it shows how many fans are paying the album dust. 

This album doesn't even have, I'd dare say, half of the amount of promo C2C had. Music videos were released, lots and lots of interviews, lots of mentions. So not really our fault.

And also, were definitely not the target audience of the album. Nor should we (or at least the crazy fans, cuz I loved C2C from top to bottom) be the target audience demonstrated with that awful gay fan shrieking as if it was the BTWB :triggered: in a middle of a jazz concert.

Chromatican
5 minutes ago, LostBoyfriend said:

This album doesn't even have, I'd dare say, half of the amount of promo C2C had. Music videos were released, lots and lots of interviews, lots of mentions. So not really our fault.

And also, were definitely not the target audience of the album. Nor should we (or at least the crazy fans, cuz I loved C2C from top to bottom) be the target audience demonstrated with that awful gay fan shrieking as if it was the BTWB :triggered: in a middle of a jazz concert.

Then Gaga/Interscope needed to find a way to make this our thing. 

voltron92
3 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

Agree completely. This should have been able to hit 50k copies, not struggling to reach 40k. I know a big reason why Cheek to Cheek opened to number one and did well is because digital sales and physical sales were stronger in 2014, but still. This new album should’ve been able to go top 5. 

Just realized that 53k people have signed the petition for ARTPOP act ii... :bradley:

James Gibson
43 minutes ago, voltron92 said:

Just realized that 53k people have signed the petition for ARTPOP act ii... :bradley:

tbh they were from fans all around the world creating multiple accs to sign in it. but still the lack of involvement from the fanbase is saddening.

ConnorFilm
34 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

tbh they were from fans all around the world creating multiple accs to sign in it. but still the lack of involvement from the fanbase is saddening.

The older she and her fans get, the worse it’ll get. She’ll be 40 in a few years. It is what it is. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

ConnorFilm

Alright. If y'all are as disappointed with the predictions as I am, here's what you do.

1. Stream the album tomorrow and Thursday.

2. Go to Target or go on Amazon to buy a physical copy of the album. 

If you don't care about the album, you can still buy a physical album at a store or online. Once the tracking week ends, you can just return the album to get your money back. 

I plan to go to Target tomorrow or Thursday to get the exclusive vinyl. 

WE CAN NOT LET RACIST MORGAN WALLEN PASS HER!

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

Chromatican
12 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

Alright. If y'all are as disappointed with the predictions as I am, here's what you do.

1. Stream the album tomorrow and Thursday.

2. Go to Target or go on Amazon to buy a physical copy of the album. 

If you don't care about the album, you can still buy a physical album at a store or online. Once the tracking week ends, you can just return the album to get your money back. 

I plan to go to Target tomorrow or Thursday to get the exclusive vinyl. 

WE CAN NOT LET RACIST MORGAN WALLEN PASS HER!

I just went to my local Walmart and they didn’t have Love For Sale. 

Archived