💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HDD: LFS at #10 (if not kicked out by Morgan Racist Wallen)

Dennis

Featured Posts

S0436

In the US and UK this week it is likely to be top10 in both markets with an overall combined sales tally of 40k.  It’s not that bad, and it will probably have legs over the holiday period.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rafaelgherardi
38 minutes ago, agpuh said:

The promotion for this has always indicated they are playing a longer game than the debut week, mostly as a function of them having limited opportunities/ability to promote this album as a pair. They have three documentaries, an MTV Unplugged album, and the One Last Time concert special all being released over the span of months. The idea, I think, is rely on holiday promotion and sales to keep the album afloat and then use the Grammys as the last major promotional tool (otherwise why release some formats early to meet Grammy eligibility) as a celebration of Tony's life and career.

A higher debut would have been nice, but it is not the end-all-be-all (and this may not even be its chart peak for all we know).

But Adele is coming now 😅

James Gibson
Just now, rafaelgherardi said:

if she releases in time for the One Last Time concert then its over :messga:

i guess the only hope for this era to make a bigger splash with the audiences is if they have a big moment at the grammys or the doc explodes. otherwise it will be kind of a non event sadly.

AnglerfishbraBENUS

yea i mean i love the songs they chose. but it had nothing on the selection in cheek to cheek 😅 

but FINE let me order my CD after work tonight 🥰

3 minutes ago, rafaelgherardi said:

And?

Even if Adele dominates on all platforms, her album(s) will only take up a couple spots on the charts. It might even be a boon for Love For Sale, since the type of people who will be paying attention to her music skew older and might notice Love For Sale while purchasing 30. Also, Adele will be a non-factor at this years Grammys aside from a likely performance.

I think Gaga would love if the album had a good debut, or if it did well over the longer term - I feel like she has a dream of bringing jazz back into popular culture with young people (well I think she kind of said this) but I also think she knows it's unlikely so she won't be too disappointed..

I do really hope it gets in top 10 tho :fatcat:

Chromatography
1 hour ago, pachinko said:

These chart results may drive Tony to an early grave. He deserves better. :legend:

delete it fat. disgusting comment 

I love gaga and i absolutely love this album .. but this is what will start happen if u don't take your music career seriously.. 

Most of the LMs i know still not happy by what happened to chromatica . 

Blastertoyo
1 hour ago, mr.peter said:

I'm sure the album will rise again after the thanksgiving special. It might have legs

Not with Adele I fear 

:huntyga:

please enlighten me to death

Leoj305

I honestly thought it would do 160k because c2c did 130k and ASIB/chromatica bested Joanne numbers week 1 as well. 

enissa11
1 hour ago, NFRatwell said:

As someone who likes jazz and bought LFS I have to agree. #10 isn’t something to blame others on. If Gaga wanted another #1 she could’ve with the right music. I also have to say I’ve read jazz fans give negative reviews of the album (such as it’s poor mixing moments, the production sounding “basic”). Most jazz fans aren't putting this in their playlists either

so, it is too basic or too theatric? i'm not understanding...

Mad Architect of Light

Archived