💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HDD: LFS at #10 (if not kicked out by Morgan Racist Wallen)

Dennis

Featured Posts

ProdigyARTPOP

We have to remember that this as an album solely supported by PURE sales which are not weighted as similar as streams on the BB200 & that it also doesn’t have a single massive hit attached to it.

Tony isn’t around to promote to his demographic and let’s be honest no matter what Gaga throws to hers from L4S, her demographic isn’t going to eat it up, because the majority are NOT interested.

The reasoning behind pushing the multiple editions and signed digitals is probably just to secure a top 10 debut, and hence why they’re using the televised performances and  documentary to give the album legs throughout the holidays.. it’s a slow burner.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a weird debut. although tbh there's not been much promo apart from gaga posting about it on social media and that westfield concert. 

however y'all seem to forget that the one last time concert is airing on cbs next month (around thanksgiving and house of gucci) which could give it the promo it rightfully deserves. this could be more of a slow burner of an album...we still have the mtv sessions and also the documentary which comes out next year. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

DanielM

Not you guys attacking Gaga for being theatrical, when that's what made all of us stanning her in the first place :rip:

I feel like her retail era selling us everything from Oreos, makeup, a reimagined album, and champagne is hurting the L4S era. Monsters are broke and the majority just don’t care for this type of music. 

js4754394o9823
3 minutes ago, Dennis said:

He already did. He only met Gaga in that later stages of his life. And people with Alzheimer's tend to remember their earlier days better.

In any case the worry isn't whether he forgets her or not. The disease looks quite advanced. And personally my grandma survived it for 4 years only. I don't see Tony surviving that long :( the moment he starts having difficulty swallowing, pneumonia becomes more likely which is usually what kills people with Alzheimer's. 

his family said he still remembers her and knows who she is

+he was watching that jazz live couple of days ago

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

js4754394o9823

some of you sometimes forget that even tho we are on a pop forum

not everything needs to be pop

who cares about topwhatever

it's jazz music, not radio hit

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

SKANK

Blaming disinterested fans isn't entirely fair.

Cheek To Cheek was supported by a huge promotional blitz, by comparison Love For Sale has been paid dust. Understandably Tony's health and the pandemic have made this release much more low-key, but they really could have done more to promote this album ahead of its release then a single television interview and "digital signatures."

Gaga isn't afraid to reference Cheek To Cheek's chart success, so I think it does matter to her on some level. Hopefully the album will have a second life during the holidays, or when the documentary/concert airs.

This is Tony's last album. He deserves better.

NFRatwell
1 minute ago, DanielM said:

Not you guys attacking Gaga for being theatrical, when that's what made all of us stanning her in the first place :rip:

Gaga herself said you need to take the theatrics out when singing jazz. This sounds like a drag but it’s a serious criticism, for some odd reason she thinks she sings jazz like it would please jazz fans. She doesn’t. She still sounds like she’s performing at a musical and I've seen jazz fans compare the Westfield performance to a skit. She has potential I think but she’s nowhere close to the greats of jazz. Playing L4S to a bunch of jazz enthusiasts would be like playing Sinner’s Prayer to country fans. Again I’m saying this as a fan of both jazz and country and as a fan of LFS and Sinner’s Prayer. 

The promotion for this has always indicated they are playing a longer game than the debut week, mostly as a function of them having limited opportunities/ability to promote this album as a pair. They have three documentaries, an MTV Unplugged album, and the One Last Time concert special all being released over the span of months. The idea, I think, is rely on holiday promotion and sales to keep the album afloat and then use the Grammys as the last major promotional tool (otherwise why release some formats early to meet Grammy eligibility) as a celebration of Tony's life and career.

A higher debut would have been nice, but it is not the end-all-be-all (and this may not even be its chart peak for all we know).

Cruelty
2 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

Gaga herself said you need to take the theatrics out when singing jazz. This sounds like a drag but it’s a serious criticism, for some odd reason she thinks she sings jazz like it would please jazz fans. She doesn’t. She still sounds like she’s performing at a musical and I've seen jazz fans compare the Westfield performance to a skit. She has potential I think but she’s nowhere close to the greats of jazz. Playing L4S to a bunch of jazz enthusiasts would be like playing Sinner’s Prayer to country fans. Again I’m saying this as a fan of both jazz and country and as a fan of LFS and Sinner’s Prayer. 

She hasn't quite broken out of the mould of 'pop singer having a go at jazz' yet, but I do think she has the potential in her.

I'm really sorry for this rant... 

As always everything it's Lady Gaga fault. Even when there's nothing wrong going on. Either she didn't promote well enough, either she didn't preformer well enough, etc, etc. It didn't sell what some were expecting... Others didn't liked the album, etc. It this really that important, to make all this about numbers? It happens....sure it would be nice if more people bought the album, it's not the case, it is what it is. We got great music in my opinion, great vocals and a freaking great show in my opinion as well. And Tony is a legend, a magnificent artist that will always be remembered regardless the numbers of albums he sold. Aren't you guys just happy that they managed to record another album together? Something that clearly makes Gaga very happy? Something that brought them together again? Something that made Tony's eyes came to life, like really shine when he enter that stage? On that moment he was there, he was freaking happy, he remembered Gaga, he was enjoying the moment. That's more than enough. (Sorry)

littlepotter
30 minutes ago, SKANK said:

This is Tony's last album. He deserves better.

That's my thoughts tbh :(

chaeri pls

Just now, littlepotter said:

That's my thoughts tbh :(

Honestly it did deserve better, but we have to focus on the good stuff we got. And the greatness of what  we got from both Gaga and Tony. It's like people only focus on how bad the album is doing, nick pick at everything. I ask myself if people at least are enjoying a little what we got. (again sorry... I'm just little annoyed lol, i need to sleep)

Archived