💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HDD: LFS at #10 (if not kicked out by Morgan Racist Wallen)

Dennis

Featured Posts

James Gibson

For an artist of gaga's extent this is extremely low, it doesn't matter if it's jazz. If her fanbase was invested it would get easily top 3. But monsters are clearly not interested so.

And not only losing to the racist but being neck to neck with Brandi Carlile (it took the 60 minutes interview to pass her on itunes) is very underwhelming as well.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ConnorFilm
1 minute ago, James Gibson said:

For an artist of gaga's extent this is extremely low, it doesn't matter if it's jazz. If her fanbase was invested it would get easily top 3. But monsters are clearly not interested so.

And not only losing to the racist but being neck to neck with Brandi Carlile (it took the 60 minutes interview to pass her on itunes) is very underwhelming as well.

Agree completely. This should have been able to hit 50k copies, not struggling to reach 40k. I know a big reason why Cheek to Cheek opened to number one and did well is because digital sales and physical sales were stronger in 2014, but still. This new album should’ve been able to go top 5. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

thehanyo

This makes me sad.

They should have made more accessible covers of more well-known tracks. People want easy music for the background and honestly this album is too theatrical to be that.

I mean, the numbers are what they are. You can’t force people to stream something they’re not particularly interested in. Gaga spent a large portion of her career zoning in on a particular niche of pop music, hence building up a particular type of fanbase, one of which the large majority aren’t putting Cole Porter songs on their playlists. And that’s ok. 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

6 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

Please, this is not even a Gaga's solo album, i don't blame those who are not buying/ streaming if they don't like the duets, duets are not everyone cup of tea.

Anyway, did they count the digital signed copies on this prediction?   :bradley:

NFRatwell
5 minutes ago, Stef said:

I mean, the numbers are what they are. You can’t force people to stream something they’re not particularly interested in. Gaga spent a large portion of her career zoning in on a particular niche of pop music, hence building up a particular type of fanbase, one of which the large majority aren’t putting Cole Porter songs on their playlists. And that’s ok. 

As someone who likes jazz and bought LFS I have to agree. #10 isn’t something to blame others on. If Gaga wanted another #1 she could’ve with the right music. I also have to say I’ve read jazz fans give negative reviews of the album (such as it’s poor mixing moments, the production sounding “basic”). Most jazz fans aren't putting this in their playlists either

Dennis

The fact that we might get kicked out of the top 10 by a racist trump supporter is the nail in the coffin for this era

Chromatican

This is bad you guys. An album with Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett should be able to go top 3. This album should’ve been released during the holidays or should’ve had more recognizable tracks. This album also was very theatrical as others have said and isn’t going to have legs most likely. The fanbase just isn’t here for Gaga’s jazz music, and neither is the general public. 

Dennis
2 minutes ago, DanielM said:

It is what it is, now is time for House of Gucci 

Dance Dancing GIF

Inbefore House of Gucci gets panned.

Pennywise

I don't think Gaga falling off the face of the earth helped sales either. It caused both the fans to resent her (with what happened to Chromatica, doesn't matter if it is not her fault, she is the face of the album and people only see that) and the gp to forget about her, I think. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Zilla

I really doubt she cares, I feel like she cares more about the music and the message and the fact that Tony was well enough to do the album and the last shows.

Let’s not forget that Tony will one day forget Gaga entirely, so for them to accomplish all this like honestly I don’t think sales are on their minds and honestly I don’t care about the numbers for this one either. That being said, I have my copies don’t attack me 😂 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Dennis
4 minutes ago, Zilla said:

Let’s not forget that Tony will one day forget Gaga entirely

He already did. He only met Gaga in that later stages of his life. And people with Alzheimer's tend to remember their earlier days better.

In any case the worry isn't whether he forgets her or not. The disease looks quite advanced. And personally my grandma survived it for 4 years only. I don't see Tony surviving that long :( the moment he starts having difficulty swallowing, pneumonia becomes more likely which is usually what kills people with Alzheimer's. 

Archived