💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Adele so popular?

Suspiria

Featured Posts

40 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

The type of music she makes (and appears to be continuing to make) is very common.

Hello is the most beautiful ballad of the 10s. It's not common

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Bitch

Okay but how can her visuals be objectively boring when what is boring is inherently subjective? 

I agree they're not the most exciting visuals out there, but they're certainly not objectively boring

Luke78619
32 minutes ago, Doily Skull said:

First of all, the post at the bottom is unnecessarily hateful 🙄 it is absolutely tragic how fans will shoot down an artist whose music they don’t appreciate just because the numbers are going against their fave

It was only a joke it wasn’t that serious :selena: the OP isn’t being hateful, they mention many valid points about how she is so different to the majority of her peers in the industry in every aspect 

but maybe that’s why people like her, just simplicity and relatability :) 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Cameltoe Chariot
5 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

Because TABS obvi

Wtf does TABS mean I see it on ATRL all the time but I'm dumb :oprah:

CyanDante
9 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

T - Tony

A - Ally

B - Bennett

S - Stefani

:trollga:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

MangoGaga

Just adding onto what everyone else has said, with regards to Adele sounding like an 'American Soul singer', it is surprisingly common for artists in the UK to sing in that style! Just look at Amy Winehouse, Duffy, John Newman, to name a few. It is a vocal style that is pretty common across the UK music landscape. As a matter of fact, I'd say it's quite rare for a UK artist to sing in their British accent! At least not blatantly ahaha 

jimmytimestep
22 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

Talent Acclaim Beauty Success

it was coined in reference to Gaga during the rollout of ASIB

gumzy3000

Her music speaks very well on universal themes of love, heartbreak, relationships.

Her music is also child friendly and PG - she is someone you can talk to anyone about so she has a huge appeal across different ages.

Adele wasn't really big before 21. That album was the opposite of what every artist was doing then and it somehow clicked and just got bigger and bigger and then people joined the bandwagon.

She has an incredible voice but I think she is a phenomenon and I think LUCK played a huge role. Sometimes, some artists just get lucky. It also helps she is a white British woman which adds some mystery and exoticness to her. 

trolly troll troll

Lucas

Her music is good, easy to listen to, she is a quite natural woman and her music is quite timeless. She comest strong during her eras but she kinda disappears in between so she doesn't get overexposed (for too long at least).

NCgaga

Adele also has a very recognizable color to her voice. She has one of those Patsy Cline, Karen Carpenter, Etta James voices- that all you need is the voice to sing. Her tone is extremely uniquel. Those type of  singers always do rarely well just because of how unique their voices are. Plus her songs are relatable and very well written. Adele is high quality music that is timeless- you can’t listen to it and say “that’s so 2021” or “ that’s so 90s”. It’s “Adele”. 

CannaeDrive
1 hour ago, CyanDante said:

T - Tony

A - Ally

B - Bennett

S - Stefani

:trollga:

Excuse me

T - Tony

A - Ally

B - Bradley

S - Stefani

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

JusKeepBreathin

Soccer moms.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

StrawberryBlond

Don't get me wrong, I totally get a lot of the reasons people here are outlining. She was an antidote to the electro craze of the time, she's real, she sticks to what works and so on and so forth. But...there are plenty of other artists who have done and continue to do the same thing and they've never had an iota of her success. So I can only conclude she must have the most incredible marketing team behind her. It's no surprise that she's a graduate of the BRIT school, a lot of them go on to have successful careers and even though she doesn't do a lot of promo, she must be getting marketed in other ways. Ultimately, her success bothers me because of this...

8 hours ago, Suspiria said:

She has not made any time to cultivate a fanbase or any connection with her fans, being radio silent for most of the past decade. And given how few and far between her releases are, it's not like she's a fixture in people's minds.

That's precisely it. So many artists push themselves to excel in all these things yet can't be successful like her and I can't understand it. Most artists who don't connect with their fans, rarely promote and have huge gaps between albums (with only 2 music videos per album, I might add) become irrelevant faster than you can say Ferrari. Christina Aguilera is a huge casualty of all those things. Yet, Adele remains relevant even when she's not doing anything and is in hiding. The public's attention span is awful, has been for a long time yet with Adele, it's always tuned in. I find it downright unfair, if I'm being honest. And I'm getting tired of it all coming back to the reasoning of "because she's talented." There are many artists out there who are way more talented and can't get to her commercial level. I really feel the world need to expand their horizons more if they think Adele is the best to offer if you're into ballads. The public's fascination with her is akin to an earlier time period before streaming and we just accepted what the media fed us to be the best artists. It's so weird.

Archived