💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Taylor Swift So Popular?

Chromatican

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

Gaga made Joanne and ASIB years before folklore and evermore, though ... ? (two albums which, though incredible, are still very similar to what she was doing before pop lmao). Also sales don't have anything to do with which one is "cooler" to like publicly. A lot of swifties are literally closeted. Meanwhile Beyoncé's sales are far from stellar but the industry pull she has is lightyears ahead of anything anyone else could ever dream of.

Yeah but which was more critical acclaimed? Joanne or folklore? Who acts like a clown sometimes (intentionally) on stage and who is more cringy? Who priorities music in their career? Anyway I can’t speak for the rest but I will admit I prefer Taylor’s music now over gaga’s so... :laughga:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
salty like sodium
1 hour ago, Aloe said:

Yeah but which was more critical acclaimed? Joanne or folklore? Who acts like a clown sometimes (intentionally) on stage and who is more cringy? Who priorities music in their career? Anyway I can’t speak for the rest but I will admit I prefer Taylor’s music now over gaga’s so... :laughga:

literally none of this changes the fact that it's not necessarily perceived as cooler to be a taylor swift fan by the GP as it is to be perceived as a gaga fan ... 

4 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

literally none of this changes the fact that it's not necessarily perceived as cooler to be a taylor swift fan by the GP as it is to be perceived as a gaga fan ... 

I dont see why not? Like in terms of music Taylor consistently delivers great lyrics and melodies. Taylor doesn’t necessarily perform embarrassingly so people don’t feel ashamed to stan for her. Taylor engages her fans and gives them what they want (more and more music). These are just some of the reasons she’s more “cool” and popular than gaga. Oh and also her voice is very smooth and easy to listen to compared to ga’s. It’s really easy to figure out what makes Taylor more popular tho

DanielM
6 minutes ago, Aloe said:

Taylor doesn’t necessarily perform embarrassingly so people don’t feel ashamed to stan for her. 

Do you think Gaga performances embarrassingly? So weird to read that on this site, I think Gaga is so cool. I never doubt that for one second :laughga: 

4 minutes ago, DanielM said:

Do you think Gaga performances embarassingly? So weird to read that in this site, I think Gaga is so cool. I never doubt that for one second :laughga: 

Let’s just say she’s a dedicated performer who goes all out :billie: especially during enigma where she just goes full cringe sometimes but oh well. And not to mention the leg grind in her jazz set a few days ago.  But if non-fans feel what I’m feeling I completely understand if they weren’t interested in watching her performances though. 

Big Reputation

Cause she’s the best and nobody’s doing it like her 😌

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

salty like sodium
9 minutes ago, Aloe said:

Let’s just say she’s a dedicated performer who goes all out :billie: especially during enigma where she just goes full cringe sometimes but oh well. And not to mention the leg grind in her jazz set a few days ago.  But if non-fans feel what I’m feeling I completely understand if they weren’t interested in watching her performances though. 

For every criticism that can be made about gaga's performances, the same amount of (different) criticisms could be said about Taylor's. But ultimately gaga emerged in a landscape with adult fans, and taylor with (mainly female) teenage fans. And that has been an image she is still having problems breaking away from, especially after releasing an album like "Lover" that had songs like "Mehehe" on it and pink everywhere etc. I'm not hating on her, I actually am a swiftie, but I definitely don't feel as comfortable saying I'm a swiftie as I am saying I'm a monster. (Even the fanbase names mark the contrast ...)

Magic Mike
25 minutes ago, Aloe said:

Taylor doesn’t necessarily perform embarrassingly so people don’t feel ashamed to stan for her. Taylor engages her fans and gives them what they want (more and more music). These are just some of the reasons she’s more “cool” and popular than gaga. Oh and also her voice is very smooth and easy to listen to compared to ga’s.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Magic Mike

honestly Taylor is so annoying and embarrassing, her concert i saw in london of the reputation tour  was the cringiest thing (I fortunately didn’t buy the ticket)

1 minute ago, Magic Mike said:

honestly Taylor is so annoying and embarrassing, her concert i saw in london of the reputation tour  was the cringiest thing (I fortunately didn’t buy the ticket)

lmao

1 hour ago, Aloe said:

girl...why you on gagadaily.com then and not tswizzle.net? 

eye-roll-lady-gaga.gif

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Cello

It is one of life's great mysteries 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

9 minutes ago, mamo said:

girl...why you on gagadaily.com then and not tswizzle.net

eye-roll-lady-gaga.gif

Because I’m a fan of both and I’m being realistic? :billie:

Butters Stotch

She has a strong fanbase, but outside the US, the GP doesn't give a f*ck about her, honestly.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Butters Stotch
12 minutes ago, Aloe said:

Because I’m a fan of both and I’m being realistic? :billie:

Donald Trump Ugh GIF by Election 2016

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived