💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist

ARTPOP GAGA

Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist?

• Britney Spears 1998-2004
    • Britney Spears 2007-2009
    • Xtina 1999-2003
    • Madonna 1984-1990
    • Taylor Swift 2015
    • Lady Gaga 2009-2011
    • Miley Cyrus 2013
    • Katy Perry 2010-2012
    • Hilary Duff 2003-2005
    • P!nk 2001

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo
On 10/4/2021 at 1:34 AM, salty like sodium said:

The fact someone could make a poll like this and not even think to include Mariah (1990-2001), the only artist in history to snag at least one #1 song for 11 consecutive years, has 19 #1 hits, two of the longest-running #1 hits in history, and broken so many more records due to having the longest cultural peak of them all ... :messga:

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that practically all her singles between 1990 and 2001 were top 5 hits :huntyga: Like no one else could ever even.

Actually

actually 

actually 

not one of these ladies even COMPARES to the chokehold Mariah has on the month of December 

every year since 1994

:ohwell:

:ladyhaha:

please enlighten me to death

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speak Easy

Madonna had the longest. 

Gaga had the highest. 

Britney had the ups and downs of peaks. 

androiduser
59 minutes ago, Speak Easy said:

Madonna had the longest. 

Gaga had the highest. 

Britney had the ups and downs of peaks. 

sorry, but Gaga did not have the highest.. she didn't have the same number of hits, the same sales, the same level of controversy (even her most controversial topics had already been covered by Madonna), and she already shaped herself following the Madonna blueprint.

salty like sodium
5 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

Actually

actually 

actually 

not one of these ladies even COMPARES to the chokehold Mariah has on the month of December 

every year since 1994

:ohwell:

:ladyhaha:

facts. her power grows year after year too haha

Cello

I haven't looked through this entire thread so I'm not sure whether anyone has looked on Google trends. Sadly the data can only go back to 2004, so missing a large chunk of Madonna and Britney's peaks which would arguably outnumber the rest of this data if Google had been as accessible back then. 

Screenshot-2021-10-06-9-18-22-AM.png

I think this is based off Google searches alone, but it still a pretty good indicator. Britney's breakdown period is the highest peak, closely followed by Janet at the Superbowl, Gaga's 2010 imperial phase and Beyonce in 2013 (visual album release?). 

IMO, Britney's late 90's - early 00's phase would probably be top, it was total Britney mania, but I'm biased because I didn't live through Madonna's earlier career. 

Anyway that's my 2 cents :laughga:

Edit: It would only let me compare 5 girlies at a time, but it showed that Miley had a peak v similar to Bey's in 2013 (VMAs performance?) and Rihanna in 2011 almost rivalled Gaga's 2010 imperial phase too.

Edit 2: How embarrassing, just realised it was set to UK. Ahem, for the worldwide results... it's a Janet landslide.

Screenshot-2021-10-06-9-34-27-AM.png

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

swakby
On 10/4/2021 at 7:48 AM, HausOfAntonio said:

The only alternative to Madonna’s peak I’ll entertain listening to an argument on is Gaga’s or Adele’s. The rest is incomparable and delusional to genuinely believe actually comes CLOSE to the chokehold Madonna had on the WORLD during her peak.

true. 

SummerBoy223

Brittanys peak is overrated. The only reason why her album sold that much is because 1999 was the peak of album sales. I’d say it’s GaGa, then Madonna and finally Brit. Madonna had the best longevity out of all pop girls. 

Archived