Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist

ARTPOP GAGA

Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist?

• Britney Spears 1998-2004
    • Britney Spears 2007-2009
    • Xtina 1999-2003
    • Madonna 1984-1990
    • Taylor Swift 2015
    • Lady Gaga 2009-2011
    • Miley Cyrus 2013
    • Katy Perry 2010-2012
    • Hilary Duff 2003-2005
    • P!nk 2001

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Olivia and Billie in terms of transgenerational impact are in no way shape or form comparable to Gaga, Madonna or Adele. Britney is to me a tier under those three. 

4 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

It's definitely Britney.

Is Britney under Gaga and Adele? I think under Madonna might seem reasonable.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reject False Icons
11 hours ago, KORG said:

This isn't about impact in America.

Outside of the US not one person has heard of Selena

Not even the whole US recognoizes Selena, but in Mexico she's recognoized and  a big figure in cumbia

HausOfAntonio
6 minutes ago, dojo said:

I don’t think Britney’s peak was as culturally significant worldwide as the other three. It was more commercial in the US. But idk its still pretty comparable. 

Gimme More
9 minutes ago, dojo said:

Britney mania was insaneeee! So much more than Gaga.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

I don’t think Britney’s peak was as culturally significant worldwide as the other three. It was more commercial in the US. But idk its still pretty comparable. 

what cultural peak adele achieved apart from selling a lot? Did she have wannabes? Was she chased by paparazzies? Did people dressed like her on Halloween? 

HausOfAntonio
2 hours ago, dojo said:

what cultural peak adele achieved apart from selling a lot? Did she have wannabes? Was she chased by paparazzies? Did people dressed like her on Halloween? 

She was unanimously enjoyed and celebrated by almost every generation… 

Bella Goth

well none of them has a daily forum like gaga did. i mean :vegas:

skskks, actually every of them has an impact to pop culture history

ThisGuyTony

Lmao easily Madonna, followed by Britney, then Gaga.

The others had charts success but these ladies had controversy, must see MVs, had the world at the palm of their hands, and their lives and careers were being analyzed by the media every day.

rinasawachanta
9 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Madonna beats them all obviously 

then Britney 

then Beyoncé 

then Gaga 

You have to think in GLOBAL terms. I live in a country where if you stop anyone walking down the street and ask them about Beyoncé it will happen that a. they won't know who it is; b. they will sound familiar with the name but won't be able to name ONE song. The cultural impact "test" assumes two variables: universality (global knowledge) and transgenerationality (that even your grandmother knows who this person is). From that list, only Madonna, Britney and Gaga pass the test. And that's a fact.

holy scheisse
20 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

You have to think in GLOBAL terms. I live in a country where if you stop anyone walking down the street and ask them about Beyoncé it will happen that a. they won't know who it is; b. they will sound familiar with the name but won't be able to name ONE song. The cultural impact "test" assumes two variables: universality (global knowledge) and transgenerationality (that even your grandmother knows who this person is). From that list, only Madonna, Britney and Gaga pass the test. And that's a fact.

okay- thats fair let me correct myself

in my culture:
madonna
britney
beyonce
gaga

i wasnt thinking globally :lana:

42 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

lmao i love ur username :bradley:

Archived