Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist

ARTPOP GAGA

Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist?

• Britney Spears 1998-2004
    • Britney Spears 2007-2009
    • Xtina 1999-2003
    • Madonna 1984-1990
    • Taylor Swift 2015
    • Lady Gaga 2009-2011
    • Miley Cyrus 2013
    • Katy Perry 2010-2012
    • Hilary Duff 2003-2005
    • P!nk 2001

Featured Posts

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa
10 hours ago, LG666 said:

All the options are white women.

What about Beyonce, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, Selena, Donna Summer..

right, like why did they put hillary duff and p!nk there but not beyonce or whitney:icega:

holy scheisse
4 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

right, like why did they put hillary duff and p!nk there but not beyonce or whitney:icega:

Or Mariah or Rihanna TBH instead of xtina and Miley 

androiduser
8 hours ago, salty like sodium said:

the longest cultural peak of them all ... :messga:

But cultural peak is not just success on the charts in the US....  Mariah's impact outside the charts in one country can't compare to the success of her contemporaries...

elijahfan

I mean, most of us weren’t around before the 80s so it might be hard to answer without the proper research as it feels like each generation will have a different take.

But the objective truth is that Madonna will forever remain the OG main pop girl. Whether this is conscious or not, all of your current faves are walking in Madonna’s footsteps and this isn’t a matter of opinion, it’s a fact.

salty like sodium
38 minutes ago, androiduser said:

But cultural peak is not just success on the charts in the US....  Mariah's impact outside the charts in one country can't compare to the success of her contemporaries...

i'm curious to see what exactly cultural peak is since no definition was given in the topic/poll. As it stands, Mariah's american cultural peak is definitely unparalleled in history. And her impact across the world has also been quite significant, both in the way people sing on shows like American Idol, etc. But also in the ways that she has influenced a lot of younger performers, including Ariana, who now dominate global charts.

Madonna has the strongest legacy of them all but in terms of cultural peak, 1990s Mariah was definitely unbeatable.

Not to mention the fact that the only reason rappers are now featured in pop music (Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Katy Perry, even Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey and Ariana have used rap features often in the past) is because Mariah was the first one to do that cross-over in 1995 with the Fantasy ODB remix. And she was so ahead of the curve that she predicted hip hop would be the next big thing 2 full decades before the charts started fully embracing rap and hip hop as its dominant genres. :messga:

11 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I just realised Adele isn’t an option? WERE YOU ALIVE IN 2011 OP???? :ladyhaha: it was Adele’s world for two whole years. She WAS the music industry. 

This! And also why is so limited to past decade? Is it because we don't have enough data for Olivia? And what about Billie?

i voted for Britney because just it seems like she had two hardcore peaks so that should be a strong indicator but Gaga comes close second? 

NichuuB

Skinny Legend Raini Rodriguez outdid all of those flops. She ended careers, changed the culture and impacted every single person of the almost 8 billions people who live in the planet:firega:

EkxKaerWMAAuu05.png

Property of @Whale

androiduser
20 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

i'm curious to see what exactly cultural peak is since no definition was given in the topic/poll.

I would say overall influence on culture, fashion, art, music and everyday life - all of the things Madonna has greatly influenced.

salty like sodium
15 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I would say overall influence on culture, fashion, art, music and everyday life - all of the things Madonna has greatly influenced.

Fair, but also I think this will make for an interesting read. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariah_Carey#Legacy

But when it comes to longstanding legacy, 100% agree Madonna is the original template from which everyone that came after was built.

SevenWonder

It's Madonna number one.  Full stop. And it's not even close.

Gaga and Britney (1999) second or third. 

I'd put Beyonce on the list somewhere at number four.

The rest of the artists listed, while huge, were in no way cultural reset era. 

HausOfAntonio
34 minutes ago, dojo said:

This! And also why is so limited to past decade? Is it because we don't have enough data for Olivia? And what about Billie?

i voted for Britney because just it seems like she had two hardcore peaks so that should be a strong indicator but Gaga comes close second? 

Olivia and Billie in terms of transgenerational impact are in no way shape or form comparable to Gaga, Madonna or Adele. Britney is to me a tier under those three. 

Archived