💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist

ARTPOP GAGA

Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist?

• Britney Spears 1998-2004
    • Britney Spears 2007-2009
    • Xtina 1999-2003
    • Madonna 1984-1990
    • Taylor Swift 2015
    • Lady Gaga 2009-2011
    • Miley Cyrus 2013
    • Katy Perry 2010-2012
    • Hilary Duff 2003-2005
    • P!nk 2001

Featured Posts

All the options are white women.

What about Beyonce, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, Selena, Donna Summer..

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chiuga

If we talk global it’s definitely Madonna or Gaga followed by perhaps Avril Lavigne and Britney. I see their images printed on T shirts everywhere during their peak.

The rest are just local or mostly English speaking countries.

TSUNAMI
56 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

I'd go with Madonna 1984-1990, Britney Spears from 1998 to 2004, Lady Gaga from 2009 to 2011 and then Katy Perry from 2010 to 2012.

Just no, Katy had charts impact, not the cultural one. Let's not mix pears and apples. 

Worldwide its Gaga by a landslide. Nobody has had such a huge impact throughout the globe at the same time since the Beatles.

America, UK, Europe, Asia, Australia... all at once. 

Maybe even the beatles didn't have that all at once, actually.

Actually MJ definitely did, but Gaga comes close.

Who the eff is camping out, getting tattoos & starting a music career en masse off the back of Hilary Duff, Pink & Britney? Yes they had fans, but Gaga was inspiring people to become artists. Come on now.

1 hour ago, LG666 said:

All the options are white women.

What about Beyonce, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, Selena, Donna Summer..

This isn't about impact in America.

Outside of the US not one person has heard of Selena, Donna summer had a couple of hits, Whitney did that one huge cover then had a few absolute 80s bangers, Janet had 0.5 songs but is only known for being MJs sister and quite unproblematic. She didn't even get a headline slot at Glastonbury.

Stats over skin, thank you.

Mister Gaga

Gaga winning the poll is ****ed up.

Madonna is the only correct answer. 

The question asks for artist though. Not only music. In that case...Marilyn maybe

Phantomhive

I'd like to say Madonna but as much as I love her, I've only ever heard or read about how big she was during her peak. Can't really say how she fared against Janet, Mariah, or Whitney unless I've really been there to experience it.

Picked Gaga because I've been able to witness just how massive and inescapable she was in 2009-2012

In I fly on wings of winter.

salty like sodium

The fact someone could make a poll like this and not even think to include Mariah (1990-2001), the only artist in history to snag at least one #1 song for 11 consecutive years, has 19 #1 hits, two of the longest-running #1 hits in history, and broken so many more records due to having the longest cultural peak of them all ... :messga:

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that practically all her singles between 1990 and 2001 were top 5 hits :huntyga: Like no one else could ever even.

salty like sodium

1 hour ago, KORG said:

Worldwide its Gaga by a landslide. Nobody has had such a huge impact throughout the globe at the same time since the Beatles.

America, UK, Europe, Asia, Australia... all at once. 

Maybe even the beatles didn't have that all at once, actually.

Actually MJ definitely did, but Gaga comes close.

Who the eff is camping out, getting tattoos & starting a music career en masse off the back of Hilary Duff, Pink & Britney? Yes they had fans, but Gaga was inspiring people to become artists. Come on now.

Are you honestly saying that Madonna has not had the same global reach as Gaga when she literally created the template from which every single female popstar is now created, from Taylor Swift to Katy Perry to Beyoncé to Gaga? :triggered: 

Please read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_Madonna

salty like sodium
1 hour ago, KORG said:

This isn't about impact in America.

Outside of the US not one person has heard of Selena, Donna summer had a couple of hits, Whitney did that one huge cover then had a few absolute 80s bangers, Janet had 0.5 songs but is only known for being MJs sister and quite unproblematic. She didn't even get a headline slot at Glastonbury.

Stats over skin, thank you.

Who said this was about global impact? It's not written on the original poll or anything.

js4754394o9823
2 hours ago, SlowLoris said:

Lmao at P!NK being an option

she sold over 13 mln copies of M!ssundaztood lol

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

SlowLoris
7 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

she sold over 13 mln copies of M!ssundaztood lol

Yeah but the post is about biggest cultural peak, not record sales (which, if we WERE counting record sales, P!NK STILL loses out on that compared to others). 

Not sure if pink's had any large scale, 'cultural' peaks like Beyoncé, Britney or Madonna either. 

holy scheisse

Madonna beats them all obviously 

then Britney 

then Beyoncé 

then Gaga 

Archived