💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist

ARTPOP GAGA

Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest cultural peak of all time by a female artist?

• Britney Spears 1998-2004
    • Britney Spears 2007-2009
    • Xtina 1999-2003
    • Madonna 1984-1990
    • Taylor Swift 2015
    • Lady Gaga 2009-2011
    • Miley Cyrus 2013
    • Katy Perry 2010-2012
    • Hilary Duff 2003-2005
    • P!nk 2001

Featured Posts

ARTPOP GAGA

Remember: cultural peak (media coverage, talked about by everyone). Not commercial peak (Adele won this one)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MANiCURE 6

There's not only one ! ^^

I'd go with Madonna 1984-1990, Britney Spears from 1998 to 2004, Lady Gaga from 2009 to 2011 and then Katy Perry from 2010 to 2012.

tbh I'd remove Pink, Hillary Duff, Katy Perry, and Xtina. I'd add Beyonce for 2013-2014. I voted Britney 2007 but I think Gaga is #2, an instant global icon. 

ALGAYDO

Honestly, if it cultural relevancy, it’s definitely Britney (early) -> Madonna (80s) -> Gaga (2000s)

migamiga

can’t really speak on madonna cause i wasn’t there but i would say the top three are britney 98, gaga, and then miley. they were literally talked about everywhere all time. they all did something major that was heavily associated with (britney school girl outfit, gaga dressing “crazy”/meat dress, miley wrecking ball vid, vma performance)

Wet Fire

Madonna, Britney and Gaga are the only true rivals in the pole.

Katy and Taylor didn't have any transformative cultural impact, didn't lead to any paradigm shift as such. But they did have impact to an extent.

Madonna is simply unmatched in terms of cultural peak. Gaga and Britney, I guess, are jointly second.

HausOfAntonio

The only alternative to Madonna’s peak I’ll entertain listening to an argument on is Gaga’s or Adele’s. The rest is incomparable and delusional to genuinely believe actually comes CLOSE to the chokehold Madonna had on the WORLD during her peak.

PussOfYonce

Gaga's or Beyonce's peaks (not sure which one though since all of her studio albums are huge, probably self titled or lemonade tho)

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

HausOfAntonio
8 minutes ago, migamiga said:

can’t really speak on madonna cause i wasn’t there but i would say the top three are britney 98, gaga, and then miley. they were literally talked about everywhere all time. they all did something major that was heavily associated with (britney school girl outfit, gaga dressing “crazy”/meat dress, miley wrecking ball vid, vma performance)

Miley was the hottest gossip for like a year but HARDLY comes close the the true transformative impact of the others. Her act was novelty. 

HausOfAntonio

I just realised Adele isn’t an option? WERE YOU ALIVE IN 2011 OP???? :ladyhaha: it was Adele’s world for two whole years. She WAS the music industry. 

migamiga
11 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Miley was the hottest gossip for like a year but HARDLY comes close the the true transformative impact of the others. Her act was novelty. 

yeah but we’re talking about cultural peak and not impact. in terms of media coverage, she outdid most of those girls on the list

Archived