HDD: Love For Sale 35-40k

Dennis

Featured Posts

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pharamon
12 minutes ago, Steven said:

Some fans on here would murder me knowing I still haven't listened to L4S yet :smh:

Same and I am not really planning on doing that :/ 

Big Reputation
13 minutes ago, Steven said:

Some fans on here would murder me knowing I still haven't listened to L4S yet :smh:

Same and I don’t really plan to 

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Chromatican said:

I'm confused at the timing of this album too. Little promo, relatively tough competition for a jazz album, no holiday sales. Even if it had a soft opening but debuted #1 we could call it a success for what it is, but it might not even be a top 3 album.

Rumor is a bunch of artists have been re-arranging their release dates for like the past year due to Adele (basically, that her team keeps changing up the release date and other artists are scrambling to avoid her).

There were "strong" rumors that Adele was originally going to drop in August (not just randos on the internet) & she's almost certainly going to release this month. Last year, around the holidays, there were again strong rumors about her dropping...which coincided with Adele doing a People interview/spread (which almost always is a PR thing for new music).

I wouldn't be surprised if Love for Sale initially planned to drop either around Tony's b-day (when there were rumors of Adele dropping) or in November (it's the type of music to buy for the holidays, Thanksgiving, etc.) But considering Adele is almost certain to be dropping this time, I can see why they would want to avoid November because everyone is going to get crushed for at least 6 weeks after her release.

And tbf, Gaga did do some promo...but generally targeted at an older audience in the US. She did an interview with WSJ, for example, and she also has the 60 minutes special.

LilyLark

The 60 minutes special seems to be getting a lot of attention via the media...I've already seen like several write ups (and that's not even counting the actual interview). The audience for 60 minutes is also the type that would appreciate Tony's music, etc. and probably willing to buy. I wouldn't be surprised if L4S ends up doing around 50-60k after all.

Patriziaa Reggiani
2 hours ago, MessyTop said:

She is truly the music industry!! 👏🏼👏🏼
Taylor Swift Vmas 2019 GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

No she isn't, she just has fans who buys her sh!t no matter what she presents them with. :huntyga:

I will not watch House of Gucci

7 minutes ago, Oreo said:

No she isn't, she just has fans who buys her sh!t no matter what she presents them with. :huntyga:

Wish Gaga have those kind of fans because lms here won't even listen to LFS as if it will kill them or sth.

Patriziaa Reggiani
4 minutes ago, GipJo said:

Wish Gaga have those kind of fans because lms here won't even listen to LFS as if it will kill them or sth.

Yes, but they are too busy to post proudly that they can't even stream the album and don't plan to, honestly don't know a better fanbase!

I will not watch House of Gucci

johnmonster

I bought two copies at Target :ohwell:

I think the album is wonderful. It was a side project that Gaga did for Tony. It’s got a limited audience of interest, and has basically no promo. 

Sad to see the #1 streak die, but I don’t think Gaga cares about that or she would have signed 100k copies. 

Enigma

Tbh the only reason I've ever cared about charts was so that we could go back to the 2010 radio landscape where like 5 pop icons at a time were charting.

I care about Gaga getting #1 if it means we're gonna hear good pop on the radio after almost half a decade of depressing charts. I'm hyped when my fav's song becomes popular with the GP.

This album was never gonna smash. Your high school locals were never gonna blast L4S at a party. You were never gonna hear this on the radio no matter how much it sold. So why do you even care?

bowlsofbrett

I love the record! Gaga introduced me to a lot of jazz stuff when she worked with Tony and my love for it has continued ever since. I may even like this record more than C2C! 

James Gibson
2 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Rumor is a bunch of artists have been re-arranging their release dates for like the past year due to Adele (basically, that her team keeps changing up the release date and other artists are scrambling to avoid her).

There were "strong" rumors that Adele was originally going to drop in August (not just randos on the internet) & she's almost certainly going to release this month. Last year, around the holidays, there were again strong rumors about her dropping...which coincided with Adele doing a People interview/spread (which almost always is a PR thing for new music).

I wouldn't be surprised if Love for Sale initially planned to drop either around Tony's b-day (when there were rumors of Adele dropping) or in November (it's the type of music to buy for the holidays, Thanksgiving, etc.) But considering Adele is almost certain to be dropping this time, I can see why they would want to avoid November because everyone is going to get crushed for at least 6 weeks after her release.

And tbf, Gaga did do some promo...but generally targeted at an older audience in the US. She did an interview with WSJ, for example, and she also has the 60 minutes special.

Adele truly is the music industry :tony:

James Gibson
1 hour ago, GipJo said:

Ikr, some people here are really acting as if avoiding a Gaga album is a statement. And get offended that a FANBASE is trying to push streaming/buying parties.

Flawless
2 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

Adele truly is the music industry :tony:

The true music industry :huntyga:

the scars on my mind are on replay.

LilyLark
7 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

Ikr, some people here are really acting as if avoiding a Gaga album is a statement. And get offended that a FANBASE is trying to push streaming/buying parties.

The weirdest bit are people getting offended at fans pushing streaming parties. It's like...pretty much everyone has a streaming account and therefore it cost nothing to stream the album? Also, yeah, of course no one is obligated to buy an album but all stan bases push buying parties....

Archived