Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HDD: Love For Sale 35-40k

Dennis

Featured Posts

Stone S
1 hour ago, James Gibson said:

Hate USA monsters

Me too I bought like 8 copies and I’ve been streaming to filth to help out but it wasn’t enough 

Welcome to Industria

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sugar Baby

Honestly I’m not buying this 

I don’t like jazz and I shouldn’t force myself to like something I don’t 

Anveeroy

Stop fighting sisternss!! This is what BTS stans want! 

twitter crocodile GIF

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

YourEnigma
1 hour ago, James Gibson said:

Hate USA monsters

Yas sister If only They were like brazilians...

spicemuncher

I saw this coming, to be honest.

The topic here about Alt cover 4 has less than 10 replies, there is no topic dedicated to finding the signed editions at indie stores and Thursday’s Westfield livestream peaked at about 2,500 viewers but averaged at 1,800 viewers for the most part. 

Cheek to Cheek had a ton of TV interviews and performances on release week, while this doesn’t for obvious reasons. Had they edited a TV special in time to air with the release and Gaga got on some late night shows to speak about the collab, I think it could have done 70-75k. 

It’s not great, but also not a terrible estimation (hoping for Top 5 by some miracle). I’ll take it.

Flawless

I'm not understanding the surprise tho, It's already an achievement a Top 10 debut for this project imo

the scars on my mind are on replay.

I'm curious is it being announced on tv shows or anything? Like where older people would find out about it?

Also, I remember going to Target and Taylor had a large display of all her alternate covers.. but Gaga's alt covers are not even available in store and they're sold out on her site..

I'm just feeling a little critical of the marketing plan

James Gibson
13 minutes ago, YourEnigma said:

Yas sister If only They were like brazilians...

me being the standard :bradley:

PartySick
1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Not surprising but its still sad. This just goes to show how little taste today's society has, to snub such an immaculate album is truly a travesty. 

See, I L O V E JazzGa. If the lady decided that her pop career was done and she wanted to sing jazz forever, I would be 100% here for it. But even I was a bit underwhelmed by L4S. Only a bit and it's by my Gaga standards so...

There's definitely some gems and I'm planning on buying physical copies at Target in addition to the pre-orders I already put in but...idk? I think it's the song choice for me. I wish they would have strayed away from the standards and Cole Porter. There's so many good jazz goldies that they've passed up on in favor of these songs. I just hope Gaga puts out solo jazz records covering them.

I still need that proper cover of My Romance as well as all the songs she does at the J&P show :bradley:

I guess it's also their interpretation of some of the songs. I wish there were more on the ballad side instead of the swing/dancy styled songs. A prime example would be to compare Ella Fitzgerald's version of Love For Sale to TonyGa's version.

Just imagine them singing it like this :bradley: it's Smile all over again, I swear :cryga: when she sang Smile for the covid benefit thing I was crushed that she was so "boppy" with it instead of making it a ballad like MJ's version.

WHY :cryga:

Anyway, tl;dr - there's my criticism of L4S. And it has more to do with my taste than anything, really. But I definitely feel C2C is the stronger album out of the two. That on top of a proper promo schedule, a healthy Tony, and no covid and I'm not surprised L4S is only getting a fraction of the sales C2C got.

But "music, not the bling" :vegas: it's a sentimental goodbye to Tony's career and will likely be one of Gaga's favorite releases because of that. That's what really matters in the end.

🖤

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

See, I L O V E JazzGa. If the lady decided that her pop career was done and she wanted to sing jazz forever, I would be 100% here for it. But even I was a bit underwhelmed by L4S. Only a bit and it's by my Gaga standards so...

There's definitely some gems and I'm planning on buying physical copies at Target in addition to the pre-orders I already put in but...idk? I think it's the song choice for me. I wish they would have strayed away from the standards and Cole Porter. There's so many good jazz goldies that they've passed up on in favor of these songs. I just hope Gaga puts out solo jazz records covering them.

I still need that proper cover of My Romance as well as all the songs she does at the J&P show :bradley:

I guess it's also their interpretation of some of the songs. I wish there were more on the ballad side instead of the swing/dancy styled songs. A prime example would be to compare Ella Fitzgerald's version of Love For Sale to TonyGa's version.

Just imagine them singing it like this :bradley: it's Smile all over again, I swear :cryga: when she sang Smile for the covid benefit thing I was crushed that she was so "boppy" with it instead of making it a ballad like MJ's version.

WHY :cryga:

Anyway, tl;dr - there's my criticism of L4S. And it has more to do with my taste than anything, really. But I definitely feel C2C is the stronger album out of the two. That on top of a proper promo schedule, a healthy Tony, and no covid and I'm not surprised L4S is only getting a fraction of the sales C2C got.

But "music, not the bling" :vegas: it's a sentimental goodbye to Tony's career and will likely be one of Gaga's favorite releases because of that. That's what really matters in the end.

Omg, is that your PhD dissertation 

twitter crocodile GIF

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Zilla
1 hour ago, Dennis said:

how many signed copies did they release? Like 500? They're already sold out.

I have no idea but that also has its own controversy. Nobody I know grabbed a signed copy as they were only sold in person or sold in error. 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Batwings

Gaga has given us SO DAMN MUCH this year, and y'all are worried about sales and charts? 

Archived