💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HDD: Love For Sale 35-40k

Dennis

Featured Posts

Dennis
Just now, Aloe said:

It’s a jazz album, it should be lucky to debut in the top 5 because not many people listen to it :toofunny:

It won't be in the top 5.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cruelty
4 minutes ago, TasteofaFish said:

This camy be true whit all this different versions??:wtfga:

I feel like they have released 35,000 different versions of the album and everybody has bought one of them :laughga:

ThisGuyTony

Only 2k in streaming. :toofunny:

I have hope the album will serve longevity and reach #1 on a week when one of the promo concerts is released. 

LilyLark
8 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

I mean it was expected. it’s a jazz album like it won’t do numbers and these are good sales for a jazz album

Yup...it's good for a jazz album. Add in the change in how they do the charts and I'm not shocked, either. That said, I thought it would do around 60-70k simply due to monsters turning out and it being Tony's last album....but a lot of lms just aren't into jazz. I suppose it's still possible, though, as the very early HDD predictions can often be off by quite a bit. I think they initially predicted Taylor's Evermore to do like 100k less than it actually did.

I wish the Netflix special on Tony's final concert with Gaga had dropped this week. That absolutely would have helped the sales numbers. Also, this might be the sort of album that does better as the week goes on...a lot of print versions of media outlets which cater to an older audience (more open to jazz) will probably have reviews in their Sunday edition.

TheOriginalOne
6 minutes ago, Dennis said:

All we had to do is include a BTS feature and we would've had #1 secure.

Someone get BTS on the phone IMMEDIATELY 

6 minutes ago, Dennis said:

It won't be in the top 5.

well it better considering the number of tv interviews planned in the coming week :selena:  

LilyLark
12 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

This doesn't surprise. C2C had the novelty element going for it. This was really just for Gaga. 

It was more for Tony, but yeah...I think Gaga just wanted to make Tony happy rather than dominate the charts (although I'm guessing she also wanted to do well in the charts, too, for him). To be fair, 40k is good for a jazz album (there just isn't much of an audience for jazz now, unfortunately)...especially with the change in how the charts are done...but I did think it would do a bit more due to little monsters and it being Tony's last album.

HuffsAhoy

Not surprising but its still sad. This just goes to show how little taste today's society has, to snub such an immaculate album is truly a travesty. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Dennis

Can Gaga do an internship at Taylor's to learn how to mass sign copies. I can't believe Taylor is going #1 with just vinyls and signed copies

wellll, we never had a chance for #1, but this is... :bradley:

But also, I think that 60 Minutes interview tomorrow will help with a target audience that's not into social media promo, so hopefully the prediction is revised upwards mid-week :huntyga:

Juanlittlem

It's not that bad considering it's just a jazz album, sad thing is they'll be one of the albums with more sales but since it lacks streaming they'll drop positions. 

Curious to see how much it sells WW in it's first week too, I've bought like 20 copies of the album :messga:

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

LilyLark
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Not surprising but its still sad. This just goes to show how little taste today's society has, to snub such an immaculate album is truly a travesty. 

I think it's sad that jazz in general just doesn't have much of an audience nowadays. I remember Esperanza Spalding discussed how jazz was basically dying in an interview a few years ago and people sort of made fun of her slash said she was being melodramatic...but she wasn't.

The new charting rules play a part, but most jazz albums just don't sell very strongly. 40k is actually pretty good all in all, when you leave out that it's Tony's last album, etc.

not even top 5 chile

you haven't streamed the album that much I C :nails: 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

FentyGa
38 minutes ago, perfumgenius said:

oh no...this is very bad, right?

i mean, it’s a jazz album in 2021. by lady gaga and tony bennett, nonetheless. this isn’t too bad

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
  • PartySick unlocked this topic

Archived