• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, dojo said:

a mood :ladyhaha:

im pressed like orange juice

Karen Smith
On 9/28/2021 at 10:40 PM, Mother of Puppies said:

I would’ve expected „Chromatica“ to be on that list… cuz lil managers have been complaining about that for the past 1,5 years. 

oh wait, I forgot. Chromatica didn’t even have an era. :ohwell: :ladyhaha: 

I’m kidding by the way! Chromatica had some great moments :pawsup:

Jersey Shore Nicole GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

On 9/28/2021 at 8:20 PM, dojo said:

i wanted to choose Britney Jean or Joanne but yeah, Smile takes the cake. Crazy how Katy went from totally and absolutely dominating the pop industry with Prism to Witness and then finally Smile. Scary! 

At least she is in happy and in peace.

Joanne is not a flop girl wdym

I haven't really thought Smile would get so many votes over Witness. She was on top of the charts before Witness. It marked the beginning of sharp decline on Katy's popularity. Smile was just a mess, whether to blame it on Covid or pregnancy or picking the wrong singles like Lover era. But the quality of some tracks were topnotch.

Patrickern777
On 9/28/2021 at 10:59 PM, TheOriginalOne said:

Wow 140? :udidnt: I wonder what the sales number was to debut so low. I don’t know much about her but is she considered main stream? Where was her fan base?? 

Her fanbase died after her songs got shorter than 3 min

• 3 weeks later...

Witness, Smile, Britney Jean, and Lotus are definitely the biggest flops on this list.

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

dimitristhe

Definitely Witness. The albums was released after two massive albums, Teenage Dream and Prism. Everyone thought she was about to slay the charts and release hit single after hit single. But in the end we all know what happened. Payola “saved” the era and Katy’s career went downhill. 

Another big flop era is Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse. That album was cursed and the promotion was messy as f*ck. The album was delayed 3 times. It was announced mid2012 and eventually was released in the end of May 2014. Mariah had an injury during a video shoot for #Beautiful remix. The promo for the song stopped and never reached its potential. She released 3 other singles that were huge flops (The Art Of Letting Go, You’re Mine and You Don’t Know What To Do). The album covers received backlash for extreme retouching (The photoshoot took place in 2013, when Mariah was super fit and the album was released in 2014, when she gained a lot of weight). The album was overshadowed by her divorce, her infamous AIWFCIY performance and her weight gain. In the end it sold around 500.000 copies worldwide. Her tour The Elusive Chanteuse Show had another backlash due to her bad vocals, cheap set and some ticket selling dates during the end of the tour. Mariah had her first actual big misstep, people were questioning her vocal talent and she hadn’t had any hit after that. Her previous studio album, Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel, sold over 2 million copies worldwide and produced the hit singles Obsessed (over 5 million copies sold worldwide) and I Want To Know What Love Is (27 weeks at #1 in Brazil). 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

25 minutes ago, dimitristhe said:

Definitely Witness. The albums was released after two massive albums, Teenage Dream and Prism. Everyone thought she was about to slay the charts and release hit single after hit single. But in the end we all know what happened. Payola “saved” the era and Katy’s career went downhill. 

Another big flop era is Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse. That album was cursed and the promotion was messy as f*ck. The album was delayed 3 times. It was announced mid2012 and eventually was released in the end of May 2014. Mariah had an injury during a video shoot for #Beautiful remix. The promo for the song stopped and never reached its potential. She released 3 other singles that were huge flops (The Art Of Letting Go, You’re Mine and You Don’t Know What To Do). The album covers received backlash for extreme retouching (The photoshoot took place in 2013, when Mariah was super fit and the album was released in 2014, when she gained a lot of weight). The album was overshadowed by her divorce, her infamous AIWFCIY performance and her weight gain. In the end it sold around 500.000 copies worldwide. Her tour The Elusive Chanteuse Show had another backlash due to her bad vocals, cheap set and some ticket selling dates during the end of the tour. Mariah had her first actual big misstep, people were questioning her vocal talent and she hadn’t had any hit after that. Her previous studio album, Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel, sold over 2 million copies worldwide and produced the hit singles Obsessed (over 5 million copies sold worldwide) and I Want To Know What Love Is (27 weeks at #1 in Brazil). 

For Witness agreed. I haven't listened to MIAM but it interests me a lot.

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

Archived