Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Whitney Houston x MAC makeup collection is coming

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

MAC Cosmetics is partnering up with the Whitney Houston Estate to create a makeup collection that celebrates the life and legacy of the iconic singer.

The collection has been described as a “long-term, multi-faceted partnership”, according to a post by the Whitney Houston Estate on Instagram – meaning, we can probably expect more than just a one-off launch.

Alongside a picture of Whitney, the post also revealed that the collection will be used to support upcoming biopic I Wanna Dance With Somebody.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUV0W7JrOzG/

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

CautiousLurker

This just feels gross, and I get that at worst this is just a cheap cash-in exploiting the name of a dead person and noone directly gets hurt but... I'd be for banning stuff like this - I don't think new products should be released under the name of a person who cannot consent to it, unless the consent was given at an earlier time...

I don't think celebrity's Estate should be able to make that call either - it should be there to manage their legacy, not capitalize on them postmortem, but that's just me...

holy scheisse
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

MAC Cosmetics is partnering up with the Whitney Houston Estate to create a makeup collection that profits off the life and legacy of the iconic singer.

Fixed  :vegas:

JusKeepBreathin
15 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

This just feels gross, and I get that at worst this is just a cheap cash-in exploiting the name of a dead person and noone directly gets hurt but... I'd be for banning stuff like this - I don't think new products should be released under the name of a person who cannot consent to it, unless the consent was given at an earlier time...

I don't think celebrity's Estate should be able to make that call either - it should be there to manage their legacy, not capitalize on them postmortem, but that's just me...

Who is incharge of the Whitney Houston estate? 

Her only daughter died. It's not Bobby Brown either. Is it some lawyer? 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

6 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Pat Houston. I think it’s her sister-in-law. She managed big parts of her career at some point I think

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

CautiousLurker
4 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

No idea but I do think celebrity estate can be important, for instance, to make sure the companies reaping the profits off of a dead person's work pay due royalties... I can see their utility in that, but releasing more stuff? Idk, doesn't sit well with me at all :noparty: 

TheDreamking

I worked for MAC for a long time. I left in late 2000's. When I was there I tried to get the VP to considered Whitney for a face of Viva Glam. I was told she was not "iconic" This is so shameful 

Archived