💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Love For Sale (Album Trailer)

Bazaar

Featured Posts

FFXIV WhiteMage
3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

A person can have great intention and still make mistakes. I didn’t call her any names or demean her, I simply said that her statements came off as a bit patronizing to those who are actually really steeped in the genre rn and have made careers of it. It doesn’t need saving by someone popping in from time to time who doesn’t really invest much effort in elevating the modern scene. That’s not a read, she invests her time in preserving the past. That’s totally cool, but I felt her statements were conflating the two a bit even if unintentionally.

A mistake???

I bet most of Jazz musicians will be glad that at the very least, the traditional Jazz music is being promoted commercially. I never have interpreted in the video that she proclaimed herself as some sort of messiah ready to turn water into wine and rise to the heavens as the god of Jazz music after saving the latter from destruction.  

It's pretty simple and clear. She has a friend that changed her life and whom apparently a legend in traditional Jazz music and she's making music with him. Now, this friend of hers is quite old so the project is basically a reminiscent of the past. 

And all she basically meant on the video was that she'll continue what Tony had began which is to promote Jazz music through various projects and shenanigans. She never said that she's the lifeline of Jazz, it's your assumption. 

Who knows how she will do her future Jazz projects as a solo artist and maybe she'll  collab with other (younger) Jazz musicians. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/28/2021 at 7:58 AM, Teletubby said:

gif.gif

This moment got me good. :bradley: You can tell Tony saying he feels safe with her meant everything to her. She was genuinely caught off guard and was so humbly honored. :fatcat:

Archived