Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Love For Sale (Album Trailer)

Bazaar

Featured Posts

DiamondHeart326

I so badly want her to cover what'll I do by Irving Berlin it's such a beautiful song and as far as standards go it's 100% my favorite jazz standard and possibly my favorite song ever just cuz of how beautiful the lyrics are if you don't know it YouTube it! There's many great versions, alison Krauss has a beautiful version and for all my gays this  is the song Bea Arthur sings in the golden girls in the episode where blanche drags her to the rusty anchor and dorothy completely steals her thunder. Bea totally nailed the emotion of the song too. Gaga's voice is MADE for this song

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to diss her voice on C2C, I think it's outstanding, but if anything I think her voice is slightly better in these snippets.

23 minutes ago, DiamondHeart326 said:

I so badly want her to cover what'll I do by Irving Berlin it's such a beautiful song and as far as standards go it's 100% my favorite jazz standard and possibly my favorite song ever just cuz of how beautiful the lyrics are if you don't know it YouTube it! There's many great versions, alison Krauss has a beautiful version and for all my gays this  is the song Bea Arthur sings in the golden girls in the episode where blanche drags her to the rusty anchor and dorothy completely steals her thunder. Bea totally nailed the emotion of the song too. Gaga's voice is MADE for this song

I first heard the version by Alison from the movie Mona Lisa Smile by Julia Roberts. It was beautiful. 

I actually teared up watching this. Gaga has come such a long way. I'm glad that she and Tony were able to have this amazing friendship during their lifetimes.

Robo Ga
8 hours ago, Bazaar said:

One of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen 😭 I’m so excited for this album and so grateful for this gift from both Tony & Gaga.

🤖⚡️

Just wow. It's so pure, so magical, so heart warming. I really hope this album becomes a success, like a #1 would be very nice. This is Tony's last album, and definitely a wonderful album that Gaga is pouring her heart in, so lets support!

DiamondHeart326
2 hours ago, tappy3 said:

I first heard the version by Alison from the movie Mona Lisa Smile by Julia Roberts. It was beautiful. 

Yes her voice in general is just angelic she could sing the phone book and I'd listen 🥰

What's to say about this....just makes me smile. Watched it with a big heart warning smile  on my face.  Like some of you guys said the joy that singing jazz brings to Gaga is priceless and contagious.

It's's truly awesome that they were able to record this when Tony was in better condition. One last peace of artwork for this great man and artist.

And I truly, truly hope that Gaga continues to sing  jazz. It's for sure one of the things that makes very happy. 

Chromatica Island

This was so sweet, I hope she makes more Jazz (and pop ofc) albums in the future!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

FFXIV WhiteMage
7 hours ago, Ziggy said:

She talks about it like it’s going away or about to be lost to time lol that isn’t being cynical, that’s what she was saying in addition to the bits about joy and such (which are fine).

But like I said it comes off as weird to me since she isn’t really in the modern jazz scene at all or collaborating with the people doing the things she wants the genre to do. Idk to me it’s a little patronizing towards the insanely hard work of the musicians who are creating the tremendous scene there is today. It’s well-intentioned, but I think it’s a message that is ultimately a little tone deaf.

She meant that Jazz music is not being shown appreciated enough on today’s musical scene. Like on which of the current popular singers does that? They always sings RnB, Hip-Hop, POP, etc.

Obviously there are still Jazz musicians on today’s era but they are not being highlighted for so whatever reason and HER putting out albums like this is actually helpful to the whole Jazz community to pique some of the GP’s interest. She’s not saying that Jazz music starts and ends with her. 

And Tony is actually the first Jazz musician to make a sound during the 2010’s with his collab not only with Gaga but with many more artists like Amy Winehouse and etc.

It’s disgusting that her pure intention to promote Jazz which will also help the Jazz community and its artists is being lambasted.

Concertaholic

Y’all better bet ready to buy a copy for everyone you know and have it streaming on your phone and laptop 24/7!!

9 hours ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

She meant that Jazz music is not being shown appreciated enough on today’s musical scene. Like on which of the current popular singers does that? They always sings RnB, Hip-Hop, POP, etc.

Obviously there are still Jazz musicians on today’s era but they are not being highlighted for so whatever reason and HER putting out albums like this is actually helpful to the whole Jazz community to pique some of the GP’s interest. She’s not saying that Jazz music starts and ends with her. 

And Tony is actually the first Jazz musician to make a sound during the 2010’s with his collab not only with Gaga but with many more artists like Amy Winehouse and etc.

It’s disgusting that her pure intention to promote Jazz which will also help the Jazz community and its artists is being lambasted.

Disgusting? Jeez take a breather lmao

I said what I said because what Gaga is doing is a *very* specific kind of jazz. Doing the American songbook is as about as traditional and ‘classic’ as it gets. That’s fine. That’s great. But what it doesn’t really do is engage too much with the modern jazz scene where wildly experimental and new music is being made all the time. It doesn’t have to, but then in that same way, I think it’s a little unfair to position yourself as someone who is this head honcho big shot in the genre like she is pop and paint yourself as someone saving a genre or at least advocating to when what she does isn’t really even promoting what the genre is rn. 

A person can have great intention and still make mistakes. I didn’t call her any names or demean her, I simply said that her statements came off as a bit patronizing to those who are actually really steeped in the genre rn and have made careers of it. It doesn’t need saving by someone popping in from time to time who doesn’t really invest much effort in elevating the modern scene. That’s not a read, she invests her time in preserving the past. That’s totally cool, but I felt her statements were conflating the two a bit even if unintentionally.

Archived