Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jesy Nelson compares Little Mix to a machine

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Appearing on the Reign with Josh Smith podcast, Jesy Nelson admitted that she’d felt overworked and had had disagreements with the other members of Little Mix before her departure. Nelson then referred to Little Mix as a “machine” in which she felt her life was being controlled and she had no time off.

“I had times and moments when I really loved it, but it felt like there were way more times that I was sad than I was happy,” she said.
“I don’t think people realise how hard it is to be in a girl band. There’s a lot that comes with it that people don’t know about and obviously I don’t get to make my own decisions. Three people have to agree as well, so there would always be disagreements on certain things."
“I feel a lot of people think that it’s selfish I’ve left the group"
 “It was ten years of my life that I was very unhappy with and I needed to take myself out of that and genuinely do what’s going to make me happy. Some people may not understand that, but you live once and you have to do what makes you happy.
"Being in Little Mix is literally like a machine. You don’t have any time off. You can’t switch off. Even when you go home, your phone is constantly going off about work and your life is planned out."

“I feel like some people won’t understand it and will think this is a bit dramatic, but just little things like being able to wear what I want to wear… when it came to little things, like if we had to do a video and everyone had to wear bikinis and I didn’t want to wear a bikini because I felt like s**t, I couldn’t not. Because then if I was to wear, I don’t know, trousers and a top, people would be like, “Why is Jesy wearing trousers and a top?” And then I would get loads of s**t for it. It’s just the little things like that, that would make me feel trapped. And I know that can sound quite dramatic, but I feel like unless you’re in it, you won’t ever understand it. And it was just the constant comparison every single day that was hard and that eventually, after 10 years, takes a massive toll on your mental health. I think that’s what people don’t understand"

Jesy Nelson said that her decision to leave the group had not been a solo one and that her former bandmates had agreed with her exit.
She is due to release her first solo single “Boyz” in the coming weeks.
source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

52 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

She is due to release her first solo single “Boyz” in the coming weeks.

Weeks? Don't play with time Miss Jesy J, we probably don't wanna see you down the Normani route and lose interest, all while your featured artist Nicki Menage goes further downhilll with ha antics...

ezgif-1-e9555bc401da.gif.312f224d65d24d6

Liken your former group to a machine? Also that other thing that mentioned looks like it is not a good good bye after all. I guess she won't want to reunite in the future if this is the case then :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

flyaway

I can't stand the ex-band members that bash what made them famous in the first place. And only to promote their new work. Same thing with Zayn Malik.

Didn't she profit from it?

bionic

I think its unfair to make this public statement that will now force a public perception on the remaining girls about their relationship with their own band (as a business). Jesy's feelings are valid but this will now be projected onto the other three, who by all accounts seem pretty happy and OK to stay in the band

buy bionic

bionic
49 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

And it was just the constant comparison every single day that was hard and that eventually, after 10 years, takes a massive toll on your mental health. I think that’s what people don’t understand"

I think everybody can understand this to a much lower degree

buy bionic

20 minutes ago, flyaway said:

I can't stand the ex-band members that bash what made them famous in the first place. And only to promote their new work. Same thing with Zayn Malik.

I get that she's coming for the "system" of girl groups but- unintentionally or not- that puts her ex-band members in a weird place and makes them look bad, like they're contributing to her unhappiness or something...

flyaway
4 minutes ago, COOOK said:

I get that she's coming for the "system" of girl groups but- unintentionally or not- that puts her ex-band members in a weird place and makes them look bad, like they're contributing to her unhappiness or something...

I get that all that girl and boy band type of thing is weird and very manufactured, but at the end of the day it's what made people pay attention to them in the first place. 

Now that she has a solo project, she's like "I wasn't me then, this is the real me" BS. Makes her look insincere.

likeitrough
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

"-You don’t have any time off. You can’t switch off. Even when you go home, your phone is constantly going off about work and your life is planned out."

I don't know if going solo would make your life any less invasive, if anything, being able to share the workload and responsibilities with 3 other women sounds like a plus.

"-it was just the constant comparison every single day-"

this part is the only thing that has ever made sense to me as for why she left the group. it's completely understandable.

TortureMeOnReplay
1 hour ago, flyaway said:

Artists complain about their contracts, labels, the industry all the time. How is this any different? The OP didn't quote everything that was said by her I'm sure, much less what was actually said due to editing or what she had thought out. She's probably speaking more on the lack of individuality and the need for compromise. And there's a chance she profited from it but there's also a chance she didn't. I think only 5% of artists are profitable. You have to keep in mind that artists make like 15% of sales. And then they have to split that in case of groups/bands. And then they have to pay back recoupables to their label. And then they have to pay any staff. 

39 minutes ago, COOOK said:

I think she kind of lays it out as "not being able to make my own decisions and the constant need to compromise, along with constantly having to work" were her reasons. There's obviously gonna be disagreements because I'm not sure people can get along 100% of the time over the period of an entire decade, especially in artistic expression and public perception. 

4 minutes ago, likeitrough said:

I don't know if going solo would make your life any less invasive, if anything, being able to share the workload and responsibilities with 3 other women sounds like a plus.

this part is the only thing that has ever made sense to me as for why she left the group. it's completely understandable.

She gets to explain things for herself and make more of her own decisions. And if the 3 other women wanted to record, perform, etc but she didn't want to, what could she do?

FFXIV WhiteMage

And it was just the constant comparison every single day that was hard and that eventually, after 10 years, takes a massive toll on your mental health. I think that’s what people don’t understand"

Did she thought that the comparison will stop once she goes solo :air:

and she’ll have more privacy as well :air:

The limelight of show business is one of the last place I’ll want to be part of if we’re talking about peace of mind and privacy     :toofunny:

Archived