Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

A university in Canada is offering a class about Drake and the Weeknd

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Ryerson University's The Creative School is now offering a course that will delve into the lives and musical talents of Toronto-born musical artists Drake and the Weeknd, the university announced.

The course, called "Deconstructing Drake & The Weeknd," will be offered in the Winter semester beginning January 2022, according to Ryerson Professor-In-Residence Dalton Higgins, who will be teaching the class.

"It's time to get our Canadian rap and R&B icons recognized and canonized academically or otherwise," Higgins said. "And it is critical for scholars and historians to examine the Toronto music scene that birthed Drake/Weeknd and helped create the conditions for them to become mega-successful."

source

@Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal storm cloud🌩️。˚❀

23 minutes ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

A course on the genius of Lady Gaga's pop music is much better.

There are already classes on her, there's a little monster that teaches a sociology class on her & even wrote the textbook at University of South Carolina

Purr more, hiss less.

gumzy3000

If someone wants to go into marketing or the entertainment industry then the course may actually be useful for them :oprah:

trolly troll troll

4 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

If someone wants to go into marketing or the entertainment industry then the course may actually be useful for them :oprah:

Also sociology majors, psychology majors, it's all interwoven.

Purr more, hiss less.

gumzy3000
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Also sociology majors, psychology majors, it's all interwoven.

Exactly. University is meant to expand your horizons and make you think in unique ways. Some of the most random courses I took helped shape my way of thinking and had broader implications. I feel like people are taking this way too much at face value because it has Drake and The Weekend plastered on it :green:

trolly troll troll

PunkTheFunk

Let's keep in mind that these are one-off courses, not degrees. You probably take one of these as your elective and use it to boost your GPA. I can assure you no one is majoring in Drake :huntyga:

Archived