phantasmas

Featured Posts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Massive attack 

Portishead 

I was obsessed with ray of light and I never even thought to travel down the trip hop hole, but I'm sooooooo glad I did. It's totally my vibe 

Omg what kind of coincidence is that! I’m getting into Portishead + Massive Attack rn (actually taking a trip through trip hop !!) and was going to mention both of them :tony:

phantasmas
6 hours ago, LandonM170 said:

I don't have 3 but I have 1 which is the one and only Britney Spears.

Here is the The Circus Starting Britney Spears studio versions which are amazing! (It is the entire playlist but you will have to click on the video to see all the videos.

Hide contents

Here is the Piece of Me Tour studio versions (also in a playlist)!

Hide contents

IN BRITNEY WE STAN, AMEN :pray:

B33EDtYCEAAzjOE.png

BlingNotTheMusic
8 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Massive attack 

Portishead 

I was obsessed with ray of light and I never even thought to travel down the trip hop hole, but I'm sooooooo glad I did. It's totally my vibe 

8 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Yes hunny! I found a v good Spotify playlist if you use it I can link you 

Omg I need this playlist! Two of my fav artists, but Portishead "Dummy" album is one of my fav of all time :legend: it's literal perfection

Original Diva

Liz Gillies + Seth MacFarlane - they have a jazz album together and they are just amazing! Great covers. (also yes, it is Elizabeth Gillies from Victorious and Dynasty, and Seth Macfarlane from Family Guy etc.

Years & Years (Olly Alexander) - I knew a handful of their songs which I had heard on the radio in the past, but never knew anything about them. I saw Elton and Olly perform Its A Sin at the Brit Awards abd it changed my life and now im obsessed! Olly is so talented. 

Emma Blackery - This isnt a new discovery. I've adored her music for years. She just dropped her latest genre-defying sophomore album "Girl In A Box" and it is just amazing.

excuse me no

phantasmas
2 hours ago, notconfident said:

Kilo Kish 

ionnalee

and I really got into Doja's latest album even though I didn't listen to her much before!

That first one was really good :golfclap: im def gonna keep listening to them 

6 hours ago, lavender blonde said:

Ex:Re. Self-titled is perfect heartbreak album.

Do you listen to Daughter too?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

I've been in a massive music rut lately, but I'm just coming out of it.

1. I'm rediscovering Elizabeth Fraser, the voice of Cocteau Twins and songs like Teardrop by Massive Attack. This demo/unreleased popped out of nowhere and made me fall in love again with her voice

Spoiler

Elizabeth was with Jeff and I think they loved each other so much that I always cry when I listen to this :messga: when this came out on the web, long after Buckley's death, she was very sad because she said that the song was unfinished, but listen to it...it's not unfinished, it's just a lovers' confession :saladga: I think she didn't want people to rehash her pain and sorrow and listen to something so intimate, I feel unwell pleeeease

2. After years of pushing by my boyfriend, I listened to Radiohead with purpose and...I FEEL UNWELL lol right now, Amnesiac is my favourite album, Knives Out my favourite song

3. I was already in love with Sufjans Stevens' CMBYN soundtrack, but his new tracks are really getting to me

BONUS

Stream Vertigine by Elodie

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

TheSlash

Dorian Electra (way before DoC, tho :huntyga: )

Annisokay (thanks to the collaboration with Within Temptation - also, they're German :giveup: )

Brave Girls (they deserve the world :diane: )

Short backstory to that song: If you don't know them, Brave Girls is a girl group from South Korea and almost quit music as they were never really successful. Their song "We Ride" from last year was supposed to be their farewell song. But earlier this year their 2017 song "Rollin'" got a massive surge in popularity and became a huge success in SK, even surpassing songs from BLACKPINK and other household names. And now (in August :huntyga: ) they released this single as a 'thank you' to the fans, which internationally is called "After We Ride" :diane: .

Ew, David!

Archived