💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna Gives Billie Eilish High Praise for Owning Her Sexuality

Jose P

Featured Posts

“The problem is, we still live in a very sexist world where women are put into categories,” said Madonna, a veteran of 1,000 moral panic wars. “You’re either in the virgin category or the ***** category. Billie started off in a non-sexualized category, not pandering to the masses and not using her sexuality in any way, which is her choice and God bless her for that -- after all, she’s been a teenager all this time."

“Women should be able to portray themselves in any way they want," Madonna said. "If Billie were a man, no one would be writing about this. A man can show up dressed in a suit and tie for the first three years of his career, and then the next month he could be dressed like Prince or Mick Jagger, shirt off, wearing eyeliner, and no one would say a word.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9634921/madonna-defends-billie-eilish-sexuality

Borisapillar

I so wish Madonna could have shown some support and love to Gaga in the earlier years of her career. I know it gets brought up in “stan wars,” but her comments about Gaga truly hurt Gaga as a performer and a human. It was so harsh, so cold, and so wrong.

I’ve never truly forgiven Madonna for it.

27monster27
1 hour ago, dojo said:

uh oh, this is Madonna's way to start working her up for a colllab 

run Billie, RUN

25 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Madonna trying to be relevant again. :huntyga:

I am not exactly sure how Madonna trying uplift another woman is warranting of these responses. Don't be a part of the issue please.

he/him/his

BlingNotTheMusic

Damn y'all are bitter. Love seeing women supporting women, especially an icon like Madonna commenting on Billie :enigma:

Now collab

YUJIfushiguro

Its so sh1tty that ppl feel the need to put every1 into categories full stop. its just a selfish way of over looking something you cant be bothered to understand. unfortunately I feel like its not something that's every going to go away and is just some weird innate human thing. good on Madonna for backing Billie up. no1 is never going to be only one thing its stupid that ppl cant get over that.

PropaGaga
7 hours ago, Borisapillar said:

I so wish Madonna could have shown some support and love to Gaga in the earlier years of her career. I know it gets brought up in “stan wars,” but her comments about Gaga truly hurt Gaga as a performer and a human. It was so harsh, so cold, and so wrong.

Um, she did, though. Gaga said as much back then that Madonna was extremely supportive and a great friend.

Madonna used to constantly praise Gaga early on, even before they had officially met. She was spotted at The Fame Ball and she invited Gaga to attend the Sticky & Sweet Tour in London, etc. It wasn’t until Gaga went on national TV and claimed Madonna gave her approval for “Born This Way” (which Madonna’s publicist denied the next day) that there was a problem.

Anveeroy
7 hours ago, Borisapillar said:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

PartySick
8 hours ago, Jose P said:

A man can show up dressed in a suit and tie for the first three years of his career, and then the next month he could be dressed like Prince or Mick Jagger, shirt off, wearing eyeliner, and no one would say a word.”

I'm not so sure this is true. I immediately thought of Drake posing cute in a hoodie before getting slammed from all directions for it :bear:

Toxic masculinity hurts men too which is why 99% of male celebrities wear only suits and ties. It's not acceptable to do otherwise and where women have their morality questioned when they step outside the box, men have their sexuality questioned (like Shawn) or they're just straight up insulted :lolly:

But she's right that women are treated with malicious stupidity just for being confident and expressing themselves honestly.

Also, I love that "veteran of 1,000 moral panic wars" line. I personally dislike Madonna but she definitely provided a much needed shock to the system for a lot of prude weirdos :applause:

🖤

Archived