💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Spencer: Official Full Trailer

mamo

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Wow...I can't wait!!!!!! Stunning.

Now I have two movies I can't wait to see this year!!!!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Bitch
3 minutes ago, COOOK said:

How? What did I miss? :bradley:

He has been in a lot of great movies since Twilight. 

The Rover, Good Time, Life, The Lost City of Z, Tenet, The Lighthouse; all excellent films. And he stars in the upcoming Batman film and while we obviously don't know if it will be good yet, it's still a huge role. 

3 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

He has been in a lot of great movies since Twilight. 

The Rover, Good Time, Life, The Lost City of Z, Tenet, The Lighthouse; all excellent films. And he stars in the upcoming Batman film and while we obviously don't know if it will be good yet, it's still a huge role. 

Oh I thought he had some critically acclaimed role. So it looks like, to me, there's no Renaissance from him- yet. :noparty:

Queen Bitch
6 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Oh I thought he had some critically acclaimed role. So it looks like, to me, there's no Renaissance from him- yet. :noparty:

I just meant as in the quality of the movies he appears in. I'm sure he could have a critically acclaimed role some day. He's actually a good actor

Future Lovers
34 minutes ago, COOOK said:

He has though, literally every movie that person named he was rapturously acclaimed for it. The Lighthouse especially won him mountains of acclaim. Even when the movie itself maybe didn’t get much love, he has been acclaimed for his work in it. He stepped out of blockbusters for a bit and gained a TON of credibility in the indie film market and saw so many positive notices there that Hollywood has begun to bring him back into prestigious blockbuster work. 

4 hours ago, OMonster said:

She sounds too whispery for me. 

Also... why does the film look so cheap? Charles and the Queen look like they're being played by impressionists. It feels like a very cheap version of The Crown. 

I fear that nothing about the Royal family will ever live up to The Crown. It's highly, highly superior to every other piece of media I've seen about them. And based on this trailer, Emma Corin is by far the superior Diana. But let's see. I absolutely want to be proven wrong.

I mean the crown takes liberties left and right or damn near lies about events in the name of drama lolol plus, the show clearly LOVES royalty and the crown itself as an entity. This is very much critical of the crown. They’re just two highly different pieces of media that, frankly, have little similarities by the look of them aside from characters.

OMonster
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

I mean the crown takes liberties left and right or damn near lies about events in the name of drama lolol plus, the show clearly LOVES royalty and the crown itself as an entity. This is very much critical of the crown. They’re just two highly different pieces of media that, frankly, have little similarities by the look of them aside from characters.

I'm really just commenting on the production value, the casting and the performances - not what perspective The Crown vs. Spencer offers. The overall quality of The Crown looks far superior to Spencer. 

Also, as a side note, I wouldn't say The Crown isn't critical of the royal family. I'm not sure you could get more critical than showing the Queen to be a cold and somewhat unloving mother, and Charles - the future king - as a terrible, cheating husband who ignored and worsened his wife's mental health struggles. I don't think it glorifies the monarchy at all. It's also usually at least somewhat reflective of facts for the most part.

subtext / fantasy

1 minute ago, OMonster said:

I'm really just commenting on the production value, the casting and the performances - not what perspective The Crown vs. Spencer offers. The overall quality of The Crown looks far superior to Spencer. 

Also, as a side note, I wouldn't say The Crown isn't critical of the royal family. I'm not sure you could get more critical than showing the Queen to be a cold and somewhat unloving mother, and Charles - the future king - as a terrible, cheating husband who ignored and worsened his wife's mental health struggles. I don't think it glorifies the monarchy at all. It's also usually at least somewhat reflective of facts for the most part.

A good point, but I think there’s a difference between criticizing the people while revering the institution which I think is a hallmark of the show. Juxtaposing the deeply flawed “humanity” of the people with the cold endurance of the institution. The perspective is like what does it do to a person to maintain this institution? But in that it doesn’t really ever question the existence of said institution and when it is up against players who do outright question it they’re always the villains, of sorts.

OMonster
59 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

A good point, but I think there’s a difference between criticizing the people while revering the institution which I think is a hallmark of the show. Juxtaposing the deeply flawed “humanity” of the people with the cold endurance of the institution. The perspective is like what does it do to a person to maintain this institution? But in that it doesn’t really ever question the existence of said institution and when it is up against players who do outright question it they’re always the villains, of sorts.

Actually, yes, I'd agree with you there - you are right. It criticises and questions the people, not the institution - or at least not the institution's right to exist. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Spencer is going to be anti-monarchy either. Maybe anti some of the individuals and systems, but not the monarchy itself. 

subtext / fantasy

23 hours ago, OMonster said:

Actually, yes, I'd agree with you there - you are right. It criticises and questions the people, not the institution - or at least not the institution's right to exist. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Spencer is going to be anti-monarchy either. Maybe anti some of the individuals and systems, but not the monarchy itself. 

I *think* the take is like a bit of how absurd the whole thing is like they’re just pushed around little figureheads and even the core problem of the movie (the drama of the breakup) is happening to a literal princess. At least that’s what the review in the guardian made it sound like, but I or it could have been mistaken!

Archived